* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

Adidas Finale 14 Champions League 2014-15 Match Ball

Adidas Predator Instinct

Adidas Adizero IV Boot

Adidas Nitrocharge Next-Generation Boot 

Adidas Adipure Boot

Last edited:
On feet picks courtesy of Soccer Bible.

Cesc & Balo wearing the PUMA evoPOWER CAMO.
View media item 730139View media item 730140View media item 730144View media item 730145
Adriano Nike HyperVenom
View media item 730148View media item 730149
Xabi Alonso adidas adiPURE 11Pro
View media item 730152View media item 730153
Sanchez Watt (Colchester United) NikeiD HyperVenom
View media item 730155View media item 730156
Marcus Haber (Stevenage) Nike Mercurial Vapor I
View media item 730159View media item 730160
Jason Hoffman (Melbourne Heart) Nike HyperVenom
View media item 730162View media item 730163

^^^^^I have NEVER owned a pair of Puma's, but will definetly rock on the pitch once I get them in. Apparently, soccer.com has a middle of the month shipping date.

Iniesta with a Nike prototype boot. Looks to be a higher cut than traditional boots

More info...

http://www.footy-boots.com/andres-iniesta-nike-prototype-37451/

View media item 730665
ANDRES INIESTA TRIALS NEW NIKE PROTOTYPE
Posted on January 6, 2014 in Andres Iniesta Football Boots, Football Boots, Nike Football Boots, Unreleased Football Boots

It appears Spanish midfielder Andres Iniesta was left an extra-special present from Nike under his tree this year as the World Cup-winner returned after La Liga’s winter break to train in an all-new Nike prototype.

World Cup winner Iniesta trained on January 2nd ahead of Barcelona’s 4-0 drubbing of El Che in a blacked-out pair of boots that are sure to get boot-spotters attention.

View media item 730667
As the face of the CTR360, Iniesta is most certainly training in a Nike boot, however an interesting caveat is that the midfielder is likely be breaking in a new silo for the Swoosh.

In October 2013, Nike filed a patent for the name ‘Magista’ that reads as follows:

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for MAGISTA by Nike, Inc., Beaverton, OR 97005. The USPTO has given the MAGISTA trademark serial number of 86092692… For Clothing, Footwear…Leather Goods…Bags, namely, all purpose sports bags, tote bags,

Hot on the heels of the Tiempo Legend V and Nike Hypervenom, renaming the CTR360 to something new will leave Nike with a fresh-looking line-up going into the World Cup this summer.

View media item 730672
But will a re-name mean a change in performance focus for one of Nike’s best-loved football boots?

It seems unlikely – the CTR360 is a hugely popular football boot with professionals and casual players alike.

Sneaky leaked images of the boot suggest an all-over approach to control with an element that spans the forefoot in an interesting way. It also verifies the rounded integrated heel counter and Hypervenom-esque rounded studs we can see here on Iniesta’s black-out model.

Certainly an exciting-looking new prototype, the Magista kicks off what is sure to be an incredible new year for new football boots with the biggest party in soccer landing at the end of the season.

No, not the Europa League final, smart guy.

Thanks to DDChile for sending in the spot, images Screengrabbed via the BarcaTV player.

Rumored Liverpool home kit
View media item 731196

Adidas Finale 14 Champions League 2014-15 Match Ball

Adidas Predator Instinct
View media item 729380

View media item 729382

Adidas Nitrocharge Next-Generation Boot 
View media item 729386
good gawd they look terrible :x :x :x

so adidas is not going to continue with the lethal zone theme for the next predator? :nerd:

but ultimately looks don't even matter, it's all about performance on the pitch 8)

^^^^^I have NEVER owned a pair of Puma's, but will definetly rock on the pitch once I get them in. Apparently, soccer.com has a middle of the month shipping date.
son how many boots do you own? :lol:

post a pic of your boot collection :nerd:

Iniesta with a Nike prototype boot. Looks to be a higher cut than traditional boots

View media item 730413

I think that's from the same practice session a couple of weeks ago where I saw this pic

View media item 706413
Someone commented stating they thought it was the Nike Magista but it didn't look like the Magista silo to me.

View media item 730484
I was the one who made that comment. Take a closer look at the external TPU heel counter of the prototype he's wearing, and now look at the rumored Magista. It would only make sense as Iniesta is the posterboy for the CTR 360 silo. As Nike is going to phase out the line, he's going to be the new face of the Magista.

I think that's from the same practice session a couple of weeks ago where I saw this pic

This was from yesterday's training session. Been rumored that it is the Magista but now they are saying it can be a version with an inner bootie. Interesting, can't wait for the explanation in the future

I read on another forum that you should expect nike to do sort of a "built in sock" like feature on the next run of boots. They notice how big tru-sox are getting and know players want that tight fit without movement in the shoe.

They said think of it like the kobe 7 kind of.....the picture looks like it might be true where he is planking and the boots are in front of him. Hopefully its more functional and comfortable then the kobe set up....that seems gimmicky to me.

I personally think nike should just put out a soccer specific sock just like tru-sox.

That Liverpool kit is cool, are they ever going back to the shield logo? Warrior did the same thing with. Sevilla.

I was the one who made that comment. Take a closer look at the external TPU heel counter of the prototype he's wearing, and now look at the rumored Magista. It would only make sense as Iniesta is the posterboy for the CTR 360 silo. As Nike is going to phase out the line, he's going to be the new face of the Magista.

Yeah, but it you look at the pic I posted in the old thread & now in here, there's like a flap around the ankle bone that doesn't appear on the Magista. See where I circled in red? It doesn't appear remotely close to the Magista silo (at least that upper portion).

View media item 732435

Question, but why is it that Nike is the only company currently offering Artificial Grass(AG) soleplates on all their top end silos? Are other companies just too afraid to lose money because it's a niche market?

This was from yesterday's training session. Been rumored that it is the Magista but now they are saying it can be a version with an inner bootie. Interesting, can't wait for the explanation in the future
hhhmmmmm

I read on another forum that you should expect nike to do sort of a "built in sock" like feature on the next run of boots. They notice how big tru-sox are getting and know players want that tight fit without movement in the shoe.

They said think of it like the kobe 7 kind of.....the picture looks like it might be true where he is planking and the boots are in front of him. Hopefully its more functional and comfortable then the kobe set up....that seems gimmicky to me.

I personally think nike should just put out a soccer specific sock just like tru-sox.
the inner bootie on the kobe 7 was gimmicky, I had them and they were terrible. I played twice in them in an indoor gym and said F it. I put them in a box and sent them to family in DR.

That Liverpool kit is cool, are they ever going back to the shield logo? Warrior did the same thing with. Sevilla.
Gotta ask die hard Liverpool fans that question :\

Yeah, but it you look at the pic I posted in the old thread & now in here, there's like a flap around the ankle bone that doesn't appear on the Magista. See where I circled in red? It doesn't appear remotely close to the Magista silo (at least that upper portion).

View media item 732435
I see, but I didn't know about the inner bootie as it is being mentioned now in this thread.

Apparently this is old news... :rolleyes Nike is releasing 2 new shirts for England to be used in the WC.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...head-Brazil-2014-World-Cup--Charles-Sale.html

Nike set to cash in on Brazil-bound England with two new shirts ahead of World Cup
By CHARLES SALE
PUBLISHED: 16:30 EST, 16 October 2013 | UPDATED: 16:44 EST, 16 October 2013

England’s kit suppliers Nike will be cashing in on Roy Hodgson’s team going to the World Cup next summer by bringing out an unprecedented four national team shirts in less than a year.

Nike, who only launched new home and away England kits last May are intending to produce two more strips ahead of the tournament.

There was public upset at Nike doubling up with their new shirts at the end of last season. And England fans, despite the euphoria of reaching the World Cup finals, will not be happy at forking out again so soon for another set of home and away jerseys.

Nike took over the £25m-a-year England shirt contract from their subsidiary company Umbro whom they have subsequently sold off — despite the contracted promise Umbro would remain England kit suppliers until 2018.

A Nike spokeswoman said: ‘These are unusual circumstances because of when we started the FA agreement and the need to recognise England’s 150 anniversary this year. After the World Cup a normal kit cycle will resume. The home shirt will stay the same for two years and the away one for 18 months.’

The lift from World Cup qualification through sponsorship bonus agreements and extra licensing deals will be worth £10million plus to the FA.
But certainly there was not much value from the £6 Poland match programme that did not update player stats from the Montenegro edition. The FA blame print deadlines.

^ yeah, I knew. That's why I didn't bother buying those kits.
laugh.gif
 Safest thing to do is to wait until squad numbers have actually been assigned before buying your world cup kits.

^ yeah, I knew. That's why I didn't bother buying those kits.
laugh.gif
 Safest thing to do is to wait until squad numbers have actually been assigned before buying your world cup kits.
Yeah, there are always changes that happen

Poland's New Kit

On the AG soleplate comment, I don't know if this is reaching but I feel like Nike is catering to the US since they are an American brand and more and more fields are converting to Turf since its cheaper to maintain and can be used more excessively

Thoughts on Nike's Pro Combat w/ the nations on them? I feel like it's a cool idea but in reality just another way to increase the price on a piece of clothing that is already overpriced.

Last edited:
FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke confirms that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not be held in the summer.

I'd really like to see what nike's sales numbers look like on the AG plates. Last season out of our 15 or so games i believe 4 were played on grass...the rest were played on turf. They are next on my list of purchase but i might just cop a take down model...and then a new pair of FGs.

Idk if its true but in my head it would make more sense to use FG on turf the AG on grass. So if i have to buy a top tier boot im thinking it will be FG. But i am dying to try the AG sole plate

Apparently this is old news...
eyes.gif
Nike is releasing 2 new shirts for England to be used in the WC.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...head-Brazil-2014-World-Cup--Charles-Sale.html
Meh. It's pretty common.

France did the same thing when they switched to Nike in 2011. They had new home and away kits for the Euros the following year, and still came out with another away set following that. Ditto with Brazil, who have had a new kit EVERY YEAR this cycle, and that's before their WC kits were released. 

The more England sells, the more you can expect a new kit for each competition (Euro Quals, Euros, WCQs, World Cup)

Nike has already said England will be on a regular 2-year cycle starting with the WC14 kits.

The only reason they weren't this time was because of when the deal started. No chance they would use a holdover kit for a WC year. Also, last year's kit was an anniversary kit.

New Mercurial Prototype?

Australia 2014 World Cup Kits

2014 Slovenia Kit

Looks like the leaks for Nike kits are going to be rolling in

Last edited:
tough to tell but could be an inner bootie/sock?

Jk, you're pretty observant...

Add to what JC1992 posted above for some more detail about the pics of Ronnie... Hate the damn photos used. They could've used a better camera/lens to get better closeups. :lol:

http://www.soccerbible.com/news/boo...naldo-trains-in-nike-mercurial-prototype.aspx

Boot Spy > Cristiano Ronaldo Trains In Nike Mercurial Prototype
Ronaldo Testing Nike Mercurial Prototype
Is this our first look at the boots CR7 will wear in the World Cup?

View media item 733861
Inside the gates of Nike HQ the creative minds behind the company's biggest innovations have been working behind curtains in preparation for the 2014 World Cup. One mammoth year of football that will shape the future of Nike Football for years to come. Brasil. World Cup. Nike. A match made in heaven right?

With the tournament creeping closer each day, Nike's key 2014 launches also grow ever closer. One boot that has been on the horizon is the Nike Mercurial X. Little is known and even less has been seen until today it seems. Our exclusive images show CR7 currently testing a boot that is surely a prototype model of the next generation Mercurial model.

View media item 733863View media item 733864
Little is known about the top-secret boot, but with the next Mercurial marking the silo's tenth anniversary, you can bet this will be something special. The anticipation surrounding this boot is understandably high. A boot born on the World Cup stage in 1998, Nike will no doubt pump every ounce of energy and innovation into their landmark Mercurial.

View media item 733866View media item 733867
Lets speculate a little. Early suggestions point to something never before seen in modern football. As our pictures reveal, Ronaldo's boots have a unique design with a raised sock-like profile around the heel and ankle area - a similar feature to the boots recently seen on the feet of Barcelona duo Andres Iniesta and Pedro. A new innovation for Nike's top-tier boots?

View media item 733869
At this early stage it's all speculation. For now they're on the feet of Cristiano Ronaldo, the man who inherited the Mercurial crown from his Brasilian namesake. Nike have been using the Portuguese international and his career-long relationship with the Mercurial to help fine-tune the new model.

View media item 733879View media item 733880
International tournaments always guarantee something special from the Swoosh. In 2010 Nike defied convention with the 'Elite' series that went on to dominate the World Cup in South Africa. Could Brazil 2014 stage some of Nike's biggest football innovations yet? Stick with us as we bring you the latest updates on Nike's key 2014 launches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom