* SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FEET, KITS AND GEAR - 2014 *

which do you guys think is the most iconic? i gotta go with 98 or 04 .. or 00
laugh.gif
.. but i think 04 .. at least for my age (22)
Most Iconic??

Easily 2002. 

Honorable Mention:

Are players even wearing the sock-football boots? Is this experiment working?

Or are the players opting for a low cut version?

Was this posted? Straight comedy. Barton is a mad man but he's damn sensible when it comes to boots. 
laugh.gif

I've seen a lot of players wearing both the Magista Obra & the Mercurial Superfly during the WC....

Of COURSE they are, its Nike's latest line of boots, and they're pushing them HARD throughout the WC...

Alot of players are also wearing the sleeve/sock-less magista (can't remember the model name) with Flyknit tech...

Nike is the marketing genius as always...

I've seen a lot of players wearing both the Magista Obra & the Mercurial Superfly during the WC....
At the very least they're wearing the standard Magista and Vapors models. On the other hand, I've seen several adidas guys (particularly the F50 wearers), not wearing the Battle Pack models. Very interesting to see, you barely saw anyone not in the WC pack for either brand in 2010. 

Most ppl I've talked to about the Obra say the sockliner is one of their favorite features. Can't way to try them.

At the very least they're wearing the standard Magista and Vapors models. On the other hand, I've seen several adidas guys (particularly the F50 wearers), not wearing the Battle Pack models. Very interesting to see, you barely saw anyone not in the WC pack for either brand in 2010. 
Probably because the battle pack is hideous.  Adidas really messed up with it.  You Got RVP, Robben, and Benzema out there in their normal F50s.  Meanwhile every nike athlete is in their new boots.

It has been cool to see though.  Ronnie's custom superflys, certain players liking the vapors and the magista Opus over the Obra.  Modric was out there in Vapors, Pogba was in the Opus.

I am a current Hypervenom wearer and love them.  The upper breaks in crazy soft.  I am more then impressed.  But i think i will be back to Vapors for my next boot.  I love the Vapor Xs.  I might try the Obra and the Superfly but i don't know if i will like the collar. 

I got the Superflys and played 1 game with them and love how they feel BUT my ankle was sore afterwards... not sure if it was coincidence or not. Before the Superflys I wore Vapors and never had any ankle issues.

I've been saving money to buy the magistas, but those new Neymar Hypervenoms in the gold colorway look nice.

Oranje re-ups with Swoosh through 2026.

DUTCH NATIONAL TEAM AND NIKE RENEW PARTNERSHIP
New agreement will run until at least 2026.

Nike and the Royal Netherlands Football Federation (K.N.V.B.) today announce an extension of their partnership until at least 2026, creating a 30-year collaboration.

The partnership, which began in 1996, will see Nike continue to produce and distribute all on-pitch and training product. Nike will also produce a range of off-pitch product for the players at every level of the game, the coaching teams and fans.

Dermott Cleary, VP/GM of Nike Football, says: "We are delighted to extend our partnership with the Dutch National Team, as the KNVB celebrates its 125th year. The KNVB was one of Nike's first major football sponsorships and has been instrumental in helping us on our journey to become the world's most innovative and leading football brand. We look forward to building on our success in the future.”

Bert van Oostveen, K.N.V.B. CEO, adds: "It is significant that our partnership with Nike is the longest running sponsorship deal in the history of the KNVB. Nike is the world's leading football brand and they’re not only committed to the Dutch National Team, but to fans of the game across The Netherlands – and we are very proud to renew our partnership."

http://nikeinc.com/news/dutch-national-team-and-nike-to-renew-partnership

WHat are the best boots for flat-feet?

I've been playing some footy messing around since I came back up North but my feet are killing me during play. I have Nike Magistas from like 2011 barely used tho and in good condition but they're not helping my feet whatsoever.

WHat are the best boots for flat-feet?

I've been playing some footy messing around since I came back up North but my feet are killing me during play. I have Nike Magistas from like 2011 barely used tho and in good condition but they're not helping my feet whatsoever.
Magistas from 2011? :wow:

Those are mad exclusive, post pics papi :nerd:

As far as boots for flat feet? I'm not too sure. Check out SoccerReviews4You on Youtube and see what he thinks

Last edited:
I meant Tiempos, I forget all these weird names.

No one else can help tho?

if not for flat feet, lets say "wide" feet. best boots?

Last edited:
Your Tiempos should be good money for wide feet. Stay away from Adidas adizero and Nike mercurial since those silo's are narrow as hell.

Last edited:
Anyone ever order from Pro-Direct?

They got some Nike Mercurial Veloce in my son's size for $38, which regularly $75...

Gracias.

Maybe the tiempo's are too small? it's a 11.5 and I almost always wear 12.
maybe. is it the length or the width that's bothering you? It can also be the surface you're playing on.

Anyone ever order from Pro-Direct?

They got some Nike Mercurial Veloce in my son's size for $38, which regularly $75...
Pro Direct Soccer is legit as hell

Back
Top Bottom