Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2016

I don't wear shin guards in my league, just like I never wore a cup when I played football. They just feel awkward, although I've suffered the consequences :smh: at times.

Also I'm wearing a leather pair of cleats now and I think I'm leather for life now. I now know why all the older dudes wear it, it really is comfortable
I never wore a cup when I played baseball and I was an infielder(played 2nd & 3rd base). I got hit in the nuts so many time just off bad bounces playing on ****** fields :smh:

As far as leather, I have to get used to it since I've been wearing thin synthetics for many years now.

I'd love to see sales numbers on the PUMA evospeed SL that they keep making more colorways of a boot that says won't last a full season. Or did they change that?

Still waiting for other brands to join the AG movement. Gonna need new boots real soon and i hate that i might buy the same pair that i currently have :lol:. I don't think in my soccer life i have ever had two pairs of the same shoe. But my superfly IVs have a crack in the carbon fiber and they were pre-toe reinforcement on AG model so the sole is starting to separate. But right now its looking like if i can pull the any superfly (prefere the Mango) for under $200 i will pull the trigger
The Evospeed SL-S is supposed to be a more durable version designed to last way more than a few games. I'm pretty sure adidas and puma manufacture AG boots but they're not marketed here in the US. Don't sleep on the Nike voucher, the shoes has to be manufactured less than 2 years ago, they WILL honor it!!!

^and i wonder if these even see the light of day in the US market. anything with an SG plate is lucky to get a limited release here, so i wouldn't be surprised if "anti clog" (a much bigger issue on SG) follows that supposed logic. they're much more common in europe.

that being said, that plate looks like a hybrid between FG and SG, so who knows what happens. i'd definitely be interested in trying it out.
That soleplate is what Nike calls SG-Pro. It's been on their models for like 4 years now. CR7 was the first high profile player that Nike started providing that type of soleplate for. He never liked the traditional 6 stud SG plate, so he asked Nike to design a mix of FG and SG. I'm not too sure, but I think Nike still makes the regular SG plate but markets it in Europe. I remember seeing HV Phantoms with them on the PDS UK website.

This week in gear news

Dortmunds kits next year look 
pimp.gif
 might cop a Pulisic 
nerd.gif

Gotze with some fire Nike ID Magista's 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Gonnas ask this again in here. I have a question about boots.

Can AG boots be used on the turf where futsal is played?

Turf is a bit rougher and the "grass" blades are a bit shorter than what you find on artificial grass.

Turf is a bit rougher and the "grass" blades are a bit shorter than what you find on artificial grass.
I've used AG boots non turf grass before and been fine. But at the same time I was just shooting around and practicing and didn't play any games that day so I can't speak to long term in game comfort.

Last edited:
So just a logistics question. I send them back...it takes awhile but i then get a voucher. But in the mean time i need some boots. So i order superflys...spend retail or whatever. I get the voucher for the retail price of my boots. I now have spent the money on my boots and have a voucher. Like id obviously like the voucher to cover my new boots. It doesn't seem like that is really possible unless i am willing to wait and use old beater cleats for a big chunk of the season.

just find a cheap pair to work until you get your voucher - hypervenom 1s, adidas ace 15.1 (they've been showing up at ross), older vapors, etc

or sell the voucher when you get it, you wont get full price but can probably cover the cost of superfly's if you buy under retail

Did you guys see that the 1st gen NikeSkin upper is gonna be back sooner than expected? :nerd:

I've used AG boots non turf grass before and been fine. But at the same time I was just shooting around and practicing and didn't play any games that day so I can't speak to long term in game comfort.
Gotcha

I've used Nike Bomba Finale 2s before when I played 6v6 futsal on turf. Traction was not the best though and they were quite narrow in the forefoot. Maybe it's time I got a proper pair of AG boots.

^ Yeah at this point I just think its best to have the boot with the proper soleplate for the proper field conditions just to be safe. 

And yeah I think Sturridge and a few others are wearing the Hypervenom 2's with the first gen upper glad they are bringing it back.

This is official now

I like the new Arsenal kit, they have more pics on todosobrecamisitas.com...

Good job Puma, it's classy.

Props to nike i guess for realizing the HV 2 upper was inferior to the HV 1 upper. But honestly. They marketing they launch for the HV1 was HUGE. Talking about all the years they put into the HV1 upper research and all this i was honestly suprised not to see it on the HV2. I wonder if there was something they found wrong with it and needed the time to get it right.

But anyway just got the news....VOUCHER ACCEPTED!!!!!

Thanks to everyone with the info. I have old boots to use Vapor 8s and i gave my HV1s to a friend that said i can have them back. Once i get new cleats i tend to give away my old ones to people. I have given away some good boots over my life. My all silver Beckham Pred Pulse, My mercurial match vapor R8, My vapor 3s, My adidzero 1s.

A close up of Gotze's gold Magista's, these so fire they got me considering making they on Nike ID 
mean.gif
 and yes the Mamba is in reference to Kobe.

Also I like the looks of these very sleek

those adizero...im sorry Choas or X...or whatever are looking very interesting. Lacing system is under that cover....so i am very intrigued to see how they perform. If lockdown can be achieved i will be interested...in a different colorway.

Ad for Puma's new gear and EvoSpeed's

More Nike Anit-clog stuff

Last edited:
Props to nike i guess for realizing the HV 2 upper was inferior to the HV 1 upper. But honestly. They marketing they launch for the HV1 was HUGE. Talking about all the years they put into the HV1 upper research and all this i was honestly suprised not to see it on the HV2. I wonder if there was something they found wrong with it and needed the time to get it right.

Thanks to everyone with the info. I have old boots to use Vapor 8s and i gave my HV1s to a friend that said i can have them back. Once i get new cleats i tend to give away my old ones to people. I have given away some good boots over my life. My all silver Beckham Pred Pulse, My mercurial match vapor R8, My vapor 3s, My adidzero 1s.

Good to hear, what are you going to pick up? Nike has always been good to me when I've sent in a pair for a voucher, had to do it with a pair of tiempo's once and another time with my Neymar Gold HV1's. Im going to end up caving on the anti-clog tiempo's. If I do I will definitely leave some feedback in here.

Man I miss @psk2310, he used to update the thread on the regular. :frown:

If I can't find a good deal on a pair of FG boots, I think the Euro colorway of the HV's will be mine. IF they don't sell out before a discount, I fear that they will be widely popular.

Anyone with wide feet rock the Tiempos?
I don't have wide feet, but I have a pair I use as a back up. I'm still trying to get used to the feel on the ball as they're not as thin as a synthetic upper, like a Mercurial Vapor.

those adizero...im sorry Choas or X...or whatever are looking very interesting. Lacing system is under that cover....so i am very intrigued to see how they perform. If lockdown can be achieved i will be interested...in a different colorway.

View media item 2002834
Relatively wife foot, I wore Tiempos for the past couple years before switching. Those first few games are aginna be uncomfortable, but when they soften up they feel fantastic.

Good to hear, what are you going to pick up? Nike has always been good to me when I've sent in a pair for a voucher, had to do it with a pair of tiempo's once and another time with my Neymar Gold HV1's. Im going to end up caving on the anti-clog tiempo's. If I do I will definitely leave some feedback in here.

I am not sure yet. Def leave some feedback on the no-clog boots with pics. I want a pair of Superfly's in AG. Thats what my old boots were. But on NDC right now its seems my only option would be the CR7 blue versions. I am not the biggest fan of those or the radiant reveal pack which i could get Vapor AGs in. I might just order some mango/silver from Soccer.com for the time being. Its hard with the superfly V right around the corner which id rather wait for.

Nike Football X Distressed Indigo pack

nike-footballx-distressed-indigo.jpg

midnight-navy-pink-blast-nike-mercurial-x-proximo-2016-boots-1.jpg
midnight-navy-pink-blast-nike-mercurial-x-proximo-2016-boots-4.jpg
midnight-navy-pink-blast-nike-mercurial-x-proximo-2016-boots-5.jpg
nike-hypervenom-x-proximo-distressed-indigo-2016-boots-2.jpg
nike-hypervenom-x-proximo-distressed-indigo-2016-boots-5.jpg
nike-hypervenom-x-proximo-distressed-indigo-2016-boots-7.jpg
black-blue-volt-pink-nike-magista-x-2016-boots-2.jpg
black-blue-volt-pink-nike-magista-x-2016-boots-5.jpg
black-blue-volt-pink-nike-magista-x-2016-boots-7.jpg
​​

I am not sure yet. Def leave some feedback on the no-clog boots with pics. I want a pair of Superfly's in AG. Thats what my old boots were. But on NDC right now its seems my only option would be the CR7 blue versions. I am not the biggest fan of those or the radiant reveal pack which i could get Vapor AGs in. I might just order some mango/silver from Soccer.com for the time being. Its hard with the superfly V right around the corner which id rather wait for.
I read that Superfly V will be $300 retail now. Doesn't make sense when they are removing the carbon fibre soleplate. And you already know the AG soleplate is always $5-$10 more expensive than their FG counterpart.

$300 for a pair of cleats? I've never tried them but I'm assuming they have to be legit

no i dont think nikes top line is worth the price. while i do like my magistas, i would not pay 290 or whatever i did for another pair (actually thinking about selling mine)

i want to make a switch to mizuno, a handcrafted shoe with amazing k-leather for less than what nike charges

Back
Top Bottom