Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2016

Not really man. It's gotten a little bit better but to me it seems like Nike is still way under producing AG models, once the size you need in a specific color way is gone it's gone, and if there's a specific AG boot you want you better cop in the months immediately after release. No overstock = no deals :smh:

Sucks for places like CA where most leagues and sport complexes are well on their way to exclusively playing on turf. Nike needs to catch up.

Last edited:
Not really man. It's gotten a little bit better but to me it seems like Nike is still way under producing AG models, once the size you need in a specific color way is gone it's gone, and if there's a specific AG boot you want you better cop in the months immediately after release. No overstock = no deals :smh:

Sucks for places like CA where most leagues and sport complexes are well on their way to exclusively playing on turf. Nike needs to catch up.

i saw quite a few tiempo with ag plate at my clearance

im pretty sure they were the legend black/volt

Last edited:
Not saying they never go on sale just speaking more as a general rule. AG is still being produced in far smaller quantities than FG.

Turkey and Czech always get dope kits. And the new superflys are really the original HV 2 basically. It was the blackout Neymar was wearing in 2014 at the end of HV1 with some changes. HV2 was absolute garbage. HV1 was one of the best boots I've ever worn. Had to return my blackout ID cause HV1 always break. I barely buy boots anymore don't play enough it if I did I'd be buying adidas. Superflys are blister central, HV2 are garbage, Tiempos are the only good ones, and maybe I'd try magistas.

AG deals are out there. I landed my yellow superflys for $175 on valentines day last year. And i have seen the new mango's as low as $225 floating around on soccerpro and even soccer.com has them below retail i believe. When a new colorway comes out keep an eye out thats when the older ones get marked down.

And its not just nike...the industry needs to catch up. AG is the norm here in MD. I have HV 1s in AG and superflys in AG. On the off chance i actually play on grass i have some old vapor 8s that i wear.

Turkey and Czech always get dope kits. And the new superflys are really the original HV 2 basically. It was the blackout Neymar was wearing in 2014 at the end of HV1 with some changes. HV2 was absolute garbage. HV1 was one of the best boots I've ever worn. Had to return my blackout ID cause HV1 always break. I barely buy boots anymore don't play enough it if I did I'd be buying adidas. Superflys are blister central, HV2 are garbage, Tiempos are the only good ones, and maybe I'd try magistas.

I wouldn't say this if you have tried the new adidas footwear. The new prime knit Ace's feel too much like a sock. Not enough structure compared to the superfly and i haven't really heard the best as far as fit for the Laceless ACE purecontrol either. The upper of the X is also very similar to the HV2. Very rough right out of the box pre break in. I also have never had blister issues with my superflys but had with older vapors.

Adidas is on the come up still trying to get the new model run into the mainstream. The adizero was the shoe when it dropped and predators were always loved. Might take a while for the newer boots to catch on. Not to mention how adidas is doing regular, K-leather, prime knit with all their boots.

Can't wait for the next X to see how they updated the upper (leaked pics look bad aesthetically) and the new superflys how they perform and feel.

France and the USA will be wearing these. Nike trying to come for that *** Storelli. HAs anyone actually worn Storellis gear when playing? I never do when I play but I am curious to see if anyone else has.

The nike combat sleeves seem to basically be the evolution of the shin guard sleeve. The shin guard i assume slides into the sleeve and it provides extra protection. They are also supposed to work in unison with the nike grip socks that seem to be taking on tru-sox for non slip sox. They latch onto these sleeves better too apparently (or so they say)

I would wear them if i got them for free :lol: no way i am going to pay whatever they charge for these things. But i don't think its a bad idea. Everyone now a days wears shin guard sleeves anyway and this adds a little more protection and fit to them

@JOSH4523 I don't think they ever did cause I was looking to get a Vidal one yodels but I couldn't find that shirt anywhere

France and the USA will be wearing these. Nike trying to come for that *** Storelli. HAs anyone actually worn Storellis gear when playing? I never do when I play but I am curious to see if anyone else has.

View media item 1964433View media item 1964434

This is actually cool, as mentioned I'm sure it will be $80+ but I'd consider investing in a pair if they are made well. I've been using the same Nike shin guard sleeves for like 4 years now :tongue: The ankle guards are what attracts me to this, having to wear my base sock, then ankle guards then guard sleeve then my game socks makes things so bulky, lately I just do without the ankle guards but I am constantly getting hit there.

if you're playing football with anything more elaborate than some basic *** shin guards, you're a *****. These are a total waste of money for the average player

if you're playing football with anything more elaborate than some basic *** shin guards, you're a *****. These are a total waste of money for the average player

Stupidest thing I've ever read and I've pretty much refused to wear shin guards when not forced to by official competition my entire life.

Anyone else in her experience pain in their big toe after wearing the leather hypervenoms for a match?
Not leather, but my big toe got destroyed. The nail is currently bruised lol
might be just the shoe then lol
both of mine are done lol
Oops, I got it mixed up w/ my MagistaX Proximos 
laugh.gif

My bruised toe nail slightly popped up. Had a similar injury when I was 15 

He's saying that even though he prefers to not wear shin guards it's stupid to assume that people who like a little extra protection are automatically *******.

Last edited:
He's saying that even though he prefers to not wear shin guards it's stupid to assume that people who like a little extra protection are automatically *******.
It's a bit tongue in cheek of me...but fair enough. There's absolutely zero question that really, nobody needs this armor crap. Let's be real

@JOSH4523 I don't think they ever did cause I was looking to get a Vidal one yodels but I couldn't find that shirt anywhere
thats a bummer, was really hoping to grab an alexis. Though pretty simple template, i love that clean collar look. And the new chile kits are a bit underwhelming

It's a bit tongue in cheek of me...but fair enough. There's absolutely zero question that really, nobody needs this armor crap. Let's be real

Nobody needs synthetic boots, or $150 match balls either.

I'l take them though.

Trust me I'm one of the neediest most high maintenance SOB's on here when it comes to balls. :lol:

Its still not a need though. I guarantee you those ^^ guards are a huge difference compared to some sports mart gas station guards that have offered that same protection for 30 years but no one wore them because they were bulky af and uncomfortable.

If it's light weight and comfortable, I don't see what the issue is but you already conceded you were talking nonessential anyway.

Last edited:
^^^^again, this is just my POV from someone who has played for 20 years...but I have to disagree. The match balls vs a crappy ball you got for $30 is a enormous difference. I wear slip in, minimal shin guards. Always have. That $80 get up is a joke. I think you'd get laughed at if you wore that whole set up on the pitches where I play.

TOFT and cop. Let us know how they work out for you.

Back
Top Bottom