Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2018

Interesting prototype from Nike, the FTR10 which is supposed to replace the Magista after the 2018 World Cup. Features to include -
  • Flyknit upper
  • ACC (All Conditions Control)
  • Dynamic Fit collar
  • Ghost Laces
  • Interior heel counter

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 23
man it wasn't just one day, it was almost 2 weeks! I had training at night and temps were going below 50 :sick::smh:

I know, I'm giving you a hard time. Honestly, when I've worn those things, even when its super cold, it makes me extremely hot and I have to take it off within 20 minutes.

Ghost lacing? Does it really make a difference?
id guess no but we will see. If ghost laces = laces under a shroad like the adidas way...no difference.

But i thought i remember nike saying that they wont' be just that. They need to lace the boots in a way to give you a clean striking surface but without the laces being in the way.

I still hope the FTR10 is worth it. I am not sold on the laceless boot movement and i am a big magista fan so i see this setting me up for pure disappointment.

They did the same with total 90 ii a good boot but didnt feel much of a difference in striking the ball. I guess nike want to visit old ideas and differenciate between their lines

Could use some new indoors been a minute since i've bought some fresh ones. Those black ones are nice

I had the privilege to buy Superfly 4s for a really good deal. I tried them out for almost a year, but in the end the collar wasn't for me. I ended up selling them not too long ago, i'll stick with my traditional low tops.

Also, PSA: Nike sponsored team tech fleece wind runners, winter CWs are on sale at ProDirect Soccer UK. They also have spring versions unreleased on NDC and a lot of Barça stuff previewing the VaporWorldCup templates.

My HV3's have finally broken in, and they feel amazing. I didn't realize how narrow the Legend 6 was until playing in the HV

What's popular opinion on DF collars?

Personally, I've tried it. Don't like it. Tiempos for me.

I've never once noticed they were there while wearing, yet I can't live without them because they keep 100% of turf and field degree out of my boot.

People just don't like change. At this point you should have adapted by now, it's been years. :lol:

Cool vid...
LMAOO @ how he switched up at 1:58 "Big boi ting, innit" :lol:

My HV3's have finally broken in, and they feel amazing. I didn't realize how narrow the Legend 6 was until playing in the HV
HV3s need breaking in? :emoji_thinking:

I wore them straight out of the box to a training session with no problems, no break-in period needed. The upper is softer and more pliable than the 1st gen Nikeskin material. Not to mention the soleplate is much more flexible and no longer rigid as hell.

I've never once noticed they were there while wearing, yet I can't live without them because they keep 100% of turf and field degree out of my boot.

People just don't like change. At this point you should have adapted by now, it's been years. :lol:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

I've used 2 pairs of Obras, and appreciate that it keeps the little black turf pebbles out of my shoes. But, I frequently experience heel issues when wearing them, and feel unstable. I chalk it up to a complete absence of any degree of heel counter or padding.

Huh? Obra 2 has a heel counter and is heavily padded, and none of that has anything to do with the dynamic fit collar. :lol:

Guess I everyone's foot is different but the Obra 2 is literally the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. I can't complain about anything.

Back
Top Bottom