-somalis talk about when ppl say their not black etc

"Dated" a girl from Eritrea and can attest to the fact that, while being super attractive, she made it clear that none of her folks / parents could know we were dating, so it was a drag and I ended it.

Actually had to drop her off around the corner / sneak in when her Mom was at work.

Started to feel like I was an experiment.

Had to check her when she started talking reckless about black women.

She tried to see how far she could go "play fighting" while I was driving and politely pulled over to let her out of the ride. Course correction was immediate.

Felt she wouldn't have carried things the same with one of her own.

Realize this inst all Eritreans - people are just people. Maybe she thought she was attractive enough for me to go for it. Who knows.

Case by case basis.

DMV has tons of them around, especially U Street / Adams Morgan back in the day. BAD.

...always seems the Eritrean men can mess with (not marry) American women but American men messing with their women is a no no apparently.

Side note:

I personally feel that the only true Black (with a capital B) people on Earth are the ones here in the United States, who are descendants of slaves.

We are unique.

History itself shows us this.

Are Africans black in skin color? Yes of course.

Have they lived the Black experience in America? Nope.

wtf lol police and others are gonna treat whoever they think looks black the same way as whoever is descendant of slaves.. u cant tell who looks like their ancestors were slaves or not by looking at them. so any black-skinned person in the world, whether they call themselves black or not... that's not what it's about

when discrimination comes and decides you're black, you'll sure as hell gonna be treated the way blacks get discriminated

in this world, it doesnt matter what you consider yourself, it only matters what someone else considers you and what they feel towards that consideration

Dead a** my moms (god bless her soul) was oldschool with it... in my teens & 20s i was mainly into spanish chicks (specifically rican & dominican)& my moms / other women in my family ( including 1 of my female cousins who is mixed with dominican but identified strictly with my side of the family not her pops side ) always would make comments about i should date “my own”( aka other african american females ) my moms from soundview (1970s era)so she grew up & was cool with spanish heads but felt on a dating tip we shouldnt mess with them....i still did me but the whispers was definitely in my ear
Same for many of my family and friends and this is all over from NYC to LA lol.

Old thread but video just popped up in my feed...

Wow.

Obviously he identifies with being african, over being considered Black. Anyone can be considered african, and that includes white people, but not just anyone can be Black. Even in that small clip there is so much going on politically, even spiritually.

Back
Top Bottom