Some cool bits on Phil Jackson's new book comparing Jordan to Bryant

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
The comparisons are #apples2oranges Wonder what the perception would be if M played wit @shaq instead #differentroles #differentcareerpaths

laugh.gif

Uhh, you must not live in SoCal then.

Right? We are home to the most delusional basketball fans west of the Mississippi.

If MJ played with Shaq he would have 8 titles
Michael would have had 8 titles if he never decided to retired for two years during his prime, without Shaq.

I'm not quite sure what Kobe meant by that tweet. He wasn't winning 5 championships without Shaq. If anything playing with Shaq elevated his legacy, not hurt it.

Mike was not winning 8 straight, get real.

Yeah people tend to overlook the fact that MJ played for the Bulls in the 1995 NBA Playoffs and lost to the Magic in the 2nd round.

Last edited:
Yeah people tend to overlook the fact that MJ played for the Bulls in the 1995 NBA Playoffs and lost to the Magic in the 2nd round.

I think most people look past that loss in the playoffs because MJ had been away from basketball for a year and half playing baseball and didn't even play a half of season before the playoffs. He still averaged 31 in that series.

No one overlooks it, Michael had came back in March of 1995, the playoffs were a month later. He hadn't played NBA ball for a yesr and half. Dude wasn't in form, doesn't matter if he was the best player in the world.

Michael wasn't winning 8 straight? They said Michael wasn't winning when he came back either, then he 3 peated again. I would never of put it past them. The Bulls could have easily beaten the Rockets with Mike those two years if he didn't retire. My Knicks almost beat the Rockets for Christ sake lol.

That's pretty real CP.

Jordan couldve won 8 straight but its kind of presumptuous.

Considering no team has went to the NBA Finals for more than 4 straight years since the 1960s. Let alone win more than 3 straight championships.

And the teams that are the strong favorite have lost before(2004 Lakers and 2011 Heat)

If people can presume that, I could say if Kobe and Shaq stayed together they would have won 9 championships because 2010 was the last year either one of them won a championship.

Last edited:
Jordan couldve won 8 straight but its kind of presumptuous.

Considering no team has went to the NBA Finals for more than 4 straight years since the 1960s. Let alone win more than 3 straight championships.

And the teams that are the strong favorite have lost before(2004 Lakers and 2011 Heat)

If people can presume that, I could say if Kobe and Shaq stayed together they would have won 9 championships because 2010 was the last year either one of them won a championship.

Lakers should have won 6 champions ships with Shaq & Kobe. If they stayed together and didn't let ego's get in the way.

I understand teams never won more than 3 straight or made the finals 4 straight years. But not everything repeats itself, not every team should be subjected to standard, The Bulls would have been able to do it. The Chicago Bulls with Michael Jordan in his prime were beating the Houston Rockets. No doubt about it. But he retired. So we'll never know.

Real or not, the second 3peat Bulls were on fumes. Pip was breaking down, Mike was slowing down, Rodman was more wrestler than player.

Now go back and add an extra 4-5 playoff series', 25+ playoff games, add another 120+ regular season games to Mike, with another 15 or so playoff games Mike missed in 94.

They don't make it to 97, 98.

Maybe they 4-peat, maybe they 5, but then they are out of gas past that. People need to look at NBA history, nobody was gettin to 5-6-7-8 straight finals unless they went back to single series playoffs like the 60's.

Real or not, the second 3peat Bulls were on fumes. Pip was breaking down, Mike was slowing down, Rodman was more wrestler than player.

Now go back and add an extra 4-5 playoff series', 25+ playoff games, add another 120+ regular season games to Mike, with another 15 or so playoff games Mike missed in 94.

They don't make it to 97, 98.

Maybe they 4-peat, maybe they 5, but then they are out of gas past that. People need to look at NBA history, nobody was gettin to 5-6-7-8 straight finals unless they went back to single series playoffs like the 60's.

Fumes? 72-10 is on fumes? 68-14 on fumes?. I'd take those fumes anyday. Jazz were just as old as well in those 97-98 finals.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. But if anyone could have, would have been Mike and the bulls in the 90s.

Last edited:
Fumes in 98, why you list 96 and 97 regular season records after being done in early May back to back years before 96 is fairly stupid.

June, 1998 they were struggling past Indy, dogfighting with the Jazz.

Now add all those games I mentioned in 94-95. It was not happening.

Fumes in 98, why you list 96 and 97 regular season records after being done in early May back to back years before 96 is fairly stupid.

June, 1998 they were struggling past Indy, dogfighting with the Jazz.

Now add all those games I mentioned in 94-95. It was not happening.

Agree to disagree. Either way none of us proves anything. We'll just believe what we think.

Last edited:
When someone outside the 60's Celts make 5 straight finals, you'll have an argument. 45+ years history on my side.

But you think 8 was possible.

We can talk when that team comes along with 5 tho.

Back
Top Bottom