Some Jordan Collectors are Hypocrites, at least IMO...

BigLefty23 wrote:
I respect your opinion, but don't come in here and tell me that my opinion holds no water. The best Jordan ever is the black/red 14 IN MY OPINION. Retro pluses have always been weaker than most original colors, but don't come in here and tell me I won't buy a retro + because it's a +. I buy what I like. You should do the same.

First of all i tried my hardest to not to disrespect anyone with opinions, i like some lows and some i dont, i thinks its cool that you like em and you buythem, i dont buy them because id rather spend that money to buy some i love, and believe me i only buy what i like.

I cop mostly og colorways but only because they bring up memories or I wanted them when they came out...either way the og colorways have more of a meaning tome than some of the LS colorways...I do have a couple retro colorways that I own and like though...
Its almost like loving a player when he just comes into the league, it doesn't really happen...

indifferent.gif

nostagia is what sells OG colors...aint nuffin like seein a picture of MJ destroying opposing teams in OG colors of your favorite jordans..it imortalizes em.

Originally Posted by blco02

BECAUSE WE ACTUALLY SAW MJ PLAY IN THE SHOES.

THAT'S WHY WE GOT INTO SNEAKERS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I hate young kids coming in here and telling us older guys what we should like, when they have no idea why we're here in the first place.
EXACTLY blco02! Couldn't have said it better myself!!

I'm not sure why this guy is upset though... why does he care which colorways are popular to people? Buy what you like and don't worry about whatother people think. That way, everybody's happy!

I hate young kids coming in here and telling us older guys what we should like, when they have no idea why we're here in the first place.

cosign.

the reason I love OG Jordan shoes, is cause i got to see him play in these shoes growing up. i'm only 16, and i followed Jordan since I was 8 and sawhim play twice. so even us young guys got respect for the OG's blco02 don't worry
happy.gif

I dont get the difference between new retro + colors and aquas either...Most OG colorways I like but I dont obsess over..White/black/red, great...Good colorwaybut IMO there are nicer looking ones..

Amen brother. I also want to know how old that kid is....

blco02 pretty much summed up most people's views. Without The Man, the shoes are nothing...I'd argue the point more, but i don't argue with peoplewho cant correctly spell hypocrite or use it in the right sense.

Originally Posted by indohan

I believe there's no OG colorway with GREEN or YELLOW or ORANGE, which makes the shoes look futuristic.
so purple and aqua aren't odd colors? i'm not hatin cuz i love the aquas but just pointing it out

Originally Posted by LStepCorrect81

Originally Posted by indohan

I believe there's no OG colorway with GREEN or YELLOW or ORANGE, which makes the shoes look futuristic.
so purple and aqua aren't odd colors? i'm not hatin cuz i love the aquas but just pointing it out

purple and aqua screams mid 90's though....just look at stuff like columbia jackets and northfaces at da time.

Originally Posted by beh235

Im 19 and i still do consider myself a kid, sorry im not old and about to die like some of you guys that saw MJ play through out his entire carrier, sorrymy parents didnt get together sooner and have me sooner so that i could be older and wiser and better than everyone else because i saw MJ play like all of youold timers.

Originally Posted by Wozman23

blco02 pretty much summed up most people's views. Without The Man, the shoes are nothing...I'd argue the point more, but i don't argue with people who cant correctly spell hypocrite or use it in the right sense.

I didnt no dis was a %#@$!%% Englis leson were we had too spel everytin the write way for u to even post some opiniuns up.

The thing is that most of the guys in this forum can relate to these shoes....i agree with you man but OG colors bring back old memories. I do think thatpeople bag on new retros too much though like the black cat III, i think they are pretty sweet while emost older guys would just diss them. And on anothernote, peapods and the stealth 8s are ugly

btw i like your Chargers pic....next year will be our year...Peace!

Originally Posted by EMac291

Originally Posted by beh235

Im 19 and i still do consider myself a kid, sorry im not old and about to die like some of you guys that saw MJ play through out his entire carrier, sorry my parents didnt get together sooner and have me sooner so that i could be older and wiser and better than everyone else because i saw MJ play like all of you old timers.

laugh.gif
keep digging that hole.

Those basketball 22's are gonna do the same thing the II's, IX's, XIV's and XV's did if they ever dropped again....flop.

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Blah Blah Blah[/color]
[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]AT Least You State A Clarification Of Your Opinion Not Like Some Sucking Up ToOthers[/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]I Can Really Care Less About The OG Collectors Lifestyle Legacy Of Michael Jordan's Shoe For HimWearing It Or NBA Status.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]All I Care Is Getting My Pair Of OG's And Retros That I Like.......If I Dislike It Then IWon't Be Mentioning It Like A Holy Grail[/color]
wink.gif

I mean, I'm a young cat at 20 years old, but I know about some MJ...the reason I cop OG colors is because of Jordan himself. It brings me back to a daywhen I didn't have to worry bills or anything else. And my dad kept me laced in the Jordans before I even knew what basketball was, I was born in '87,got my first pair in '88, so I've been wearin' 'em my whole life. I remember watchin' MJ take doods to the hole and do the illest mid airmaneuvers on anybody in his way, and he became my role model. So I was glad to have the same shoes he did.

See, I can understand where you're comin' from, but I don't think hypocrit was the right word to use...some people took offense to that (as you canalready tell). You just gotta understand that the OG colors bring back memories to people (well, at least to me) when times were better and arguably theGreatest Basketball Player of All Time dominated in many different ways. Things that made men like us embrace Jordan so much, was his game, and of course, THESHOES HE ACTUALLY WORE. I know you remember the commercials "I WANNA BE LIKE MIIIIIKE!" Hahaha I did! So I wanted every shoe he wore...and as aresult of me not bein' spoiled, I had to spoil myself when I got my money right.

There was a few pairs of shoes everyone wanted when they were younger, but never got. For instance, I remember when the Flint 13's came out. I had thePlayoffs, the Breds, and the White/Black-True Red joints, but I never got the Flints. So, please believe, when they came back out, I was all over 'em....itfelt like I had to. And the Space Jams...need I say more? That's one reason people may go crazy over OG colors.

Another reason would be that the remember what MJ did when he wore those shoes. Like the last shot 14's. That was the shot seen around the world, and whenhe banged it, EVERYBODY WENT CRAZY, WHETHER YOU WERE A FAN OR A HATER.

So when you see people wettin' their draws over the OG colors, just think back to how good it was to watch him play in his prime, and how his shoes playeda BIG part of his presence on the court.

As stated before if a color is crap it's crap!!! I personally MOSTLY like OG colorways because that is what I grew up wearing and I mainly only like the1-5's. The only non retro colorways I have are the Black Cat IV's cause I wanted an all black shoe to wear and the Olive V's because I LOVE the waythey look with jeans on. Other then those 2 the rest of my Jordan are all OG colorways because that is what I think are the best colorways of each shoe and ifthere is another colorway that i like i will buy it.

Dude, you really make all of us young people sound like idiots...SMH

I'm 18, and let me tell you, Michael Jordan is the reason I wear Jordans. Yes, I have my own personal style, so I do own a couple of LS (AKA hypebeast)colorways. But Mike is who got me all into this. If Reebok, Adidas, or Puma had made similar shoes without Mike thrashing opposing teams in them, I doubt Iwould have them on my feet. Hell, he's the reason I stumbled upon this site.

I ain't old at all, like I said in the above paragraph, but I watched the latter half of his b-ball career. I remember watching Space Jam wishing I couldhave the shoes that he wore while hooping with Bugs Bunny. I can't play basketball to save my life, but you better believe I love the sport all because ofhim. So obviously, I want to emulate him. I want to look the part. So, I buy the shoes. Each of the shoe models hold a piece of history, so I'mcompelled to own them, especially if they're in the OG colorway. It's all because I SAW HIM play in these shoes. That's pretty much the reason anyof us like the OG colorways better than the others.

So chill out, get your panties out your butt, and quit bringing this stale-*** topic back from the dead, because you're...

157ksh5.gif

People wear what they want for different reasons. Deal with it, son.

Maybe im just "too old" but... whats so hypocritical again?...

WOW cats who just turning 20 yrs old were barely born when Mike took off from the free throw line during the 1988 Slam Dunk Contest & that was the 1st timeI saw the III's....geez im old...

I have always loved the bulls OG colorways because they are HOT IMO and seeing the man play in them also meant

something to me (greatness). Black,White,Red (In no particular order) colorway on a sneaker is a beautiful combination.

Back then, at 1st, I didn't like the non-bulls OG colorways on Jordans (IE Aquas, Grapes). But somehow, They grow on me

like a girl you 1st dont like but after seeing her all the time you start digging her.

As for these new colorways, some I fancy but some haven't and probably wont ever grow on me (DTRT). I understand what

you're saying, but to each his own you know!

-h23

Either way, whether MJ wore em or not if a color way is ugly, its ugly.
yup, some of yall take this too serious, feeling like you better than someone else cause you saw MJ play in a certain model or color, who gives adamn

I never saw MJ play in anything older than the maybe the VI or VII. I have seen pictures but not any live game or anything. I dont buy jordans because heplayed in them, I appreciate what he did in them, but I only buy the models and the colors that I like.

Back
Top Bottom