Someone convince me that a PS3 is worth buying Vol. 1000th Post

I had both systems till my launch 360 rroded on me for the 4th time. Instead of buying a new 360 i just bought a new video card for my pc. Now i can play all the xbox exclusives ( really not a bunch coming down the pike other than splinter cell and alan wake) and I can play all multi plats and ps3 exclusives.

Also the psn movie store is > 360s. Add in free wifi, a more diverse library, free online (bought a 1 year xboxlive subscription a month b4 my 360 died), free rechargeable controller, bluray player ( I can't stand watching dvds anymore), and arguably the best first party development house in the game right now.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

FallenGodofWar said:
Cragmatic said:
I bought one yesterday.... I already have a 360 and blu-ray player.. so I really feel like I wasted my money
roll.gif

But Uncharted 2 is
eek.gif

Now play God of War 3

BTW Uncharted 2 is that game.

I got the GOW1/2 combo so once i get through those I'll get GOW3
smile.gif

My Man. GOW has to be a great series...even tho the story is mad predictable. Expect blood...lots of it

Originally Posted by solematic j21

I regret buying a 360, you have to pay to play online and no more playing halo online. You cant go wrong with a ps3, buying a blue ray player is about 2 and change so why not buy the ps3?

tu ta quillao
laugh.gif

ps3>360
NYC>Cali

Originally Posted by reeeem0

Originally Posted by UnderMedicated

Xbox live is better tho, but i guess 12 payments of 2 dollars is a lot to some people.

And blu-ray was a gimmick for the ps3 when it first came out, who buys their game system just to watch dvd's?

1. Still the fact of PAYING...u know what i can do with $24?? buy a pizza from papa johns, a bag of some fine essences and a dutch while i still get to play MW2 for the FREE.

2. YNS
Some people buy the PS3 because you get the luxury of the blu ray also.  Better than just buying a Blu Ray player

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by JBug88

again, what makes the online "experience" that much better?
as long as it gets you into a game, that's all that should matter.
I sign into the PSN, fire up a game and I'm playing MW2 online. Am I missing something?
360 cats have NEVER been able to answer that question...

-J-

QFT.

Only thing I have ever heard is no cross-game chat.

But who cares? I want to talk to someone who isn't playing the same game, I'll call them.

I really wanna hear the reason why it's worlds better than PS3 still after 3 years of hearing such.

What does live have that trumps good connection and me having a mic.
It's the whole Xbox Live format, its way better than PS3's which is different for every game & pretty confusing at times

I sign into the PSN, fire up a game and I'm playing MW2 online. Am I missing something?

-J-

QFT.

But who cares? I want to talk to someone who isn't playing the same game, I'll call them.

I really wanna hear the reason why it's worlds better than PS3 still after 3 years of hearing such.

It's the whole Xbox Live format, its way better than PS3's which is different for every game & pretty confusing at times

signing into the PSN is confusing?  you hit "X" twice. 

that's it.  i'm done.

-J-

Originally Posted by imperialh8

But overall VALUE I would get a PS3. . .

Obviously besides the visual quality of games
- Blue ray
- Free online gaming
- Built in Wifi
- Built in Hard drive
- Controllers with rechargeable batteries
Isn't the built in HDD a drawback of the PS3? What're you going to do if it fails? Or if you want to bring your saved files to a friend's house?
I love how this turns into 360 v. PS3. Dude owns a 360, no need to convince him to appreciate it. Why don't you leave the country or go to a baseball game or something? If you really have this much free time you should be able to at least start some sort of project or get an internship or expand your knowledge in a non-scholastic environment. Build a boat, fix a computer, rent a jet ski, take a shower. Do something that doesn't require you to sit in front of a tv. No, I'm not some broke/jealous herb. I own two 360s but there's no reason to think you can only entertain yourself w/a gaming console.

-J-

QFT.

signing into the PSN is confusing?  you hit "X" twice. 

that's it.  i'm done.

-J-

Pretty much. Son just said the XMB changes in every game.
smh.gif

No offense, but like some other dude used to say in these 360 vs. PS3 threads, the 360 makes its users stupid.

You can even have it sign-in automatically.

And that still doesn't actually answer any questions, it just lists a preference.

Originally Posted by TacC4

But overall VALUE I would get a PS3. . .

Obviously besides the visual quality of games
- Blue ray
- Free online gaming
- Built in Wifi
- Built in Hard drive
- Controllers with rechargeable batteries
Isn't the built in HDD a drawback of the PS3? What're you going to do if it fails? Or if you want to bring your saved files to a friend's house?

what?  youre going to do the same thing if any other hard drive in your house fails, what if your memory card fails?

Originally Posted by Messyyy

Originally Posted by AlSnEaKs

Originally Posted by PO2345

Blu-Ray
GOW3
Uncharted 2
MGS4
Free Online.

PO

plus
web browsing
stream or download any movie/cd (without netflix)
less bulky controllers

I currently have about 60 or so movies on my ps3 and about 50 complete CDs along with about 200 pics. honestly wether you go with 360 or ps3 you win either way.

how u do that? i just got my ps3 2 weeks ago

just do a search. there is hundreds of sites compatable with PS3 for streaming and downloading pretty much any movie you want. also you can always do the whole linux thing but I haven't really messed with that. a few good ones are www.stagevu.com and www.ps3divx.blogspot.com and for music www.downloads.nl and www.mp3bomb.com are good for downloading on the ps3.

Here it comes.... you just opened the flood gates to all the xbox 360 fan boys. They swoon in like zombies defending their right and for whatever reason it is pride for their beloved machine.

Thanks again OP for the console flame war that you mindlessly started. . . I bet you already have a PS3 and you just wanted to instigate a heated thread.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm getting a PS3 in 2 months. Already got a few games lined up (Bad Company 2, MGS4, LBP). CAN'T WAIT

Originally Posted by bud dink

i can actually say ps3 has got me pusse' the ability to watch "the notebook on demand for free"
case closed!

also for those who said Blue Ray is a PS3 Gimmick. Yeah Kinda like HD DVD's for Xbox that you actually had to buy a converter for and we all know how that worked out.......BLUE RAY>>>HD DVD.

"It's the whole Xbox Live format, its way better than PS3's which is different for every game & pretty confusing at times"I own a Ps3 and i understand what he's sayin (jbug and someone else)I wanna play bigs2 online. I send invites, i get invites. i dont have the slightest clue how to accept them. and its not in my inbox. I dont know if theres a difference for xbox (so its not a point for xbox, lol) but i have an issue with the online play between different games.

Originally Posted by AlSnEaKs

bud dink wrote:

i can actually say ps3 has got me pusse' the ability to watch "the notebook on demand for free"
case closed!

also for those who said Blue Ray is a PS3 Gimmick. Yeah Kinda like HD DVD's for Xbox that you actually had to buy a converter for and we all know how that worked out.......BLUE RAY>>>HD DVD.

if you're going to cheerlead for PS3, at least get the name of the format right. it's BLU ray

My PS3 just stopped reading discs should I buy a new one or try to get it fixed?

Originally Posted by RocSole

Doesn't the PS3 get something similar to the RROD?

they call it the yellow light or somethin similar. I would say its not similar cause i can count on 1 hand how many times ive read about it. RROD is/has affected just about every xbox owner ive known.

Back
Top Bottom