Someone convince me that a PS3 is worth buying Vol. 1000th Post

i currently got a 360... only reason i got it is for Forza 3.  I'm a sucker for racing games.  If GT5 finally comes out on PS3, i'll probably cop it.
Stupid question....  but can you watch youtube vids/stream tv shows or games in a PS3?

Originally Posted by jthagreat

"It's the whole Xbox Live format, its way better than PS3's which is different for every game & pretty confusing at times"I own a Ps3 and i understand what he's sayin (jbug and someone else)I wanna play bigs2 online. I send invites, i get invites. i dont have the slightest clue how to accept them. and its not in my inbox. I dont know if theres a difference for xbox (so its not a point for xbox, lol) but i have an issue with the online play between different games.
After doing a bit of reading just now I've found that 2K has no clue as to what's wrong on the PS3 version of the game.

Every other game I've played included no problems sending/accepting invites from the inbox.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

i currently got a 360... only reason i got it is for Forza 3.  I'm a sucker for racing games.  If GT5 finally comes out on PS3, i'll probably cop it.
Stupid question....  but can you watch youtube vids/stream tv shows or games in a PS3?

yes, except hulu because theyre haters

Im selling my PS3 6 games included (Uncharted, Batman AA, Little Big Plannet and a few others) PM me if youre interested OP

OP, i'll give you my opinion from a non-fanboy POV.

all i will say is that we bought a wii after the ps3 and i play it more.

if you want the BEST wireless networking experience for a cheap price (vs apple tv) w/ more options, get a PS3. streaming movies wirelessly is the business. i have 5 games and play multimedia more than play games.

of course for the blu-ray player for the updates.

as for its potential it does ALOT. but i don't use it all. online game play, internet, downloading demos = BLAH.

i highly recommend one. if you're into movies and HD, this system offers so many options to have a great and entertaining experience.

nay on the game play though. i have bioshock II and i'm tired of so many functions for a shooter. what happened to the days of run, jump, shoot????

If you're buying a system it has to be a PS3. I was a long time 360 fanboy mainly because I didnt have ps3 $$$. 3 red rings, a hard drive error and an E74 error later I just shelled out the money for a ps3. I am still amazed at how powerful the console is. It truely is the strongest gaming console out there, plus it suits you for much more then just video games. Definitely cant go wrong with purchasing one.

Originally Posted by AlSnEaKs

Originally Posted by Messyyy

Originally Posted by AlSnEaKs

Originally Posted by PO2345

Blu-Ray
GOW3
Uncharted 2
MGS4
Free Online.

PO

plus
web browsing
stream or download any movie/cd (without netflix)
less bulky controllers

I currently have about 60 or so movies on my ps3 and about 50 complete CDs along with about 200 pics. honestly wether you go with 360 or ps3 you win either way.

how u do that? i just got my ps3 2 weeks ago

just do a search. there is hundreds of sites compatable with PS3 for streaming and downloading pretty much any movie you want. also you can always do the whole linux thing but I haven't really messed with that. a few good ones are www.stagevu.com and www.ps3divx.blogspot.com and for music www.downloads.nl and www.mp3bomb.com are good for downloading on the ps3.
YESSSS SIIIRR!!!!!!!!  gooooodd loooks..

f that red rings bs
cop a 360 and locked this thread
trust me dude when all your friends got a 360 and your stuck with that overhyped ps3 youll regret it
let me put it into perspective
360 graphics 9/10
ps3 graphics 9.5/10
360 online gameplay and community 10/10
ps3 online gameplay and community 8/10
either way your getting a good system
but the 360 has more games
more arcade games
you can watch movies play music,
last fm.
pimp.gif

and you dont get them bugs and glitches that the ps3 system gets

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

f that red rings bs
trust me dude when all your friends got a 360 and your stuck with that overhyped ps3 youll regret it
360 graphics 9/10
ps3 graphics 9.5/10
more arcade games
last fm.
pimp.gif

what bugs and glitches are you talking about?

last time i checked it wasnt 2007 anymore

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

f that red rings bs
360 graphics 9/10
ps3 graphics 9.5/10
more arcade games
last fm.
pimp.gif

what bugs and glitches are you talking about?

last time i checked it wasnt 2007 anymore

you know the recent one were you couldnt play online or when you bought a game and it didnt let you play it
i know wassup

i dont give a %#%@
yall act like the ps3 is holy
laugh.gif

the 360 is the best
i had ps1 and ps2 but i aint effin with that 3
where you at op? whats your thoughts?

The calendar bug? That was a 24 hour problem that fixed itself. It'll happen again 100 or so years down the line. Hope my warranty lasts until then.
grin.gif

the 360:
grinds rings into discs(GL getting them to replace it)
suffers from a common epidemic in the form of a RROD
was built by a company from Cali (Japan>Cali)
makes it's users stupid.

You don't Exactly forget about your system inevitably becoming unplayable for weeks at a time. Maybe I'm just dumb for thinking that's not how it works. I dunno
eyes.gif

/rant.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

The calendar bug? That was a 24 hour problem that fixed itself. It'll happen again 100 or so years down the line. Hope my warranty lasts until then.
grin.gif

the 360:

makes it's users stupid.

You don't Exactly forget about your system inevitably becoming unplayable for weeks at a time. Maybe I'm just dumb for thinking that's not how it works. I dunno
eyes.gif

/rant.

laugh.gif

look this is my opinion
but at the end of the day its just video games nothing important
put the controller down and enjoy life

cop that 360
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

blu ray
This is a good reason because even if you get tired of the PS3, you can still watch Blu-Rays on it. You can also stream movies from your computer or Netflix to your PS3 and watch it on your TV.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can use your PS3 as an entertainment center if you get tired of playing video games.

the funny thing is most 360 owners arent 360 owners by choice

they own a 360 because the ps3 pricetag used to be too steep for them

go head and front like thats not the truth

i have both a 360 and ps3 and i basically use the 360 to keep my son from messin with my ps3

nah i got the dough now but i see the ps3 catalog and its limp
you cant deny that
blu-ray? im not gunna be throwing down 20 to 25 bucks for blue ray dvds
if you got money to burn go ahead cop it
microsoft got out the gate quicker and gave the masses an all around system
now that they got their doe up next thing is a better system to manhandle that ps3
but thats in 2 years or so and ps3 is gunna play catch up again...

Originally Posted by TacC4

Originally Posted by imperialh8

But overall VALUE I would get a PS3. . .

Obviously besides the visual quality of games
- Blue ray
- Free online gaming
- Built in Wifi
- Built in Hard drive
- Controllers with rechargeable batteries
Isn't the built in HDD a drawback of the PS3? What're you going to do if it fails? Or if you want to bring your saved files to a friend's house?

what?  youre going to do the same thing if any other hard drive in your house fails, what if your memory card fails?
HDD fails on PS3 = new PS3.
HDD fails on 360 = new HDD.

I'm not talking about data, I'm talking about $. And your argument still doesn't refute the portability of a 360 HDD.

chokeonsmoke wrote:
f that red rings bs
360 graphics 9/10 
ps3 graphics 9.5/10
more arcade games
last fm. 
pimp.gif

and
chokeonsmoke wrote:
PH3N0M3N0N wrote:
grin.gif

the 360:

makes it's users stupid. 

eyes.gif

/rant.

laugh.gif

look this is my opinion 
but at the end of the day its just video games nothing important
put the controller down and enjoy life

cop that 360 
tongue.gif

and most everyone else in this thread is wasting OP's time. Dude clearly said IN THE FIRST POST that he has a 360. Why are you telling him to cop a 360? NT members probably benefit from minimum wage laws at a higher rate than members of any other BBS. Probably also have the highest rate of GED recipients and illiteracy.
</telling 'em why I'm mad>

- Blue ray
- Free online gaming
- Built in Wifi
- Built in Hard drive
Isn't the built in HDD a drawback of the PS3? What're you going to do if it fails? Or if you want to bring your saved files to a friend's house?

what?  youre going to do the same thing if any other hard drive in your house fails, what if your memory card fails?

I'm not talking about data, I'm talking about $. And your argument still doesn't refute the portability of a 360 HDD.

new ps3?  are you even aware that you can throw ANY 2.5" laptop hard drive into a ps3 because sony doesnt try to rape you in the **! on them?

why the hell would you need  a new ps3 if your hard drive failed?

and portable hdd?  what do i need that for?  so my friends can play my games that i can already  SHARE with them online just like my online profiles?

- Blue ray
- Free online gaming
- Built in Wifi
- Built in Hard drive

new ps3?  are you even aware that you can throw ANY 2.5" laptop hard drive into a ps3 because sony doesnt try to rape you in the **! on them?

why the hell would you need  a new ps3 if your hard drive failed?

and portable hdd?  what do i need that for?  so my friends can play my games that i can already  SHARE with them online just like my online profiles?
yes 2.5" hard drives are cheap to replace on ps3, I upgraded to 500 GB for $70

Back
Top Bottom