Someone put me onto some healthy late night snacks...

Gill Baka Esq. LLC.

formerly grimlock
So I get hungry at night and I need a bite to eat...anyone got any snacks...non-dairy please...that they go for at the late hours?  Healthy ones are preferred but not totally necessary...

not many wanted to help me this morning so I found a budget food that taste fantastic...BUT they finish quickly...

goya-guava-wafers-large.jpg

i feel your pain. i usually eat a banana or an apple. eating late hours is for the scum and weak

Eat a piece of fruit or just drink like 3 cups of water and that should fill you up. Mind control man, don't eat anything. You will be fine.

Eat a 1/4 cup of almonds, a little less than 200 calories and high in Protein and good fats.

Originally Posted by WaitWut

eat some fruits and cereal that should hit the spot maybe a sandwich too

He said a SNACK not a meal man.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Yogurt and granola.  Mmm.
And throw a banana in there. Cut it up. I like Yogurt, Grape Nuts (1.99 a box for the generic WalMart version), and a Banana. Haven't really eaten dairy in a minute but that is a good snack. But I know you said no dairy.

Originally Posted by STOPIT5

Pop corn, its light and it satisfies.
Only if you buy the kernels in the plastic bag. Go to the grocery store and get a bag of kernels for less than $2. Don't buy the microwave nonsense, that stuff will kill you.

A handful of kernels go a long way. You will see the first time you make it.

I was watching dr oz yesterday and he mentioned popcorn... Probably not the overly buttered microwavable kind tho

milk-pocky.jpg

This is my food. Not healthy, but damn it's good.

Others:

-fruit
-yogurt
-nuts
-rice with curry sauce like chicken tikka masala (I eat a lot for snacks)

Some of my healthy favs for late night craves. Tomato Soup w/ light veggies ex. Celery, Broccoli... (warming and fulfilling), Bananas/Grapes (digest easily, sweet, and fulfilling), Almond Milk. Stay away from starches, high carbs, or anything of the sort that takes a while to digest ex. Nuts,Beans, etc... During sleep your body is suppose to be using its energy reserves to regenerate the body, strenuous digestion or lack of prevents this leading to mucous congestion, bloating, fatigue etc...

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Eat a 1/4 cup of almonds, a little less than 200 calories and high in Protein and good fats.
this dude knows.  healthy, and super filling.  a handful of nuts (pause) will sate most all appetites while providing high levels of nutrition, especially relative to some of the other junk recommended in this thread.
the comment above about using energy to recover and not digest, i'd argue against that.  in fact, i'd encourage more complex foods before sleep.  this is the argument for casein protein supplements, as opposed to drinking a protein isolate; i.e. the complex casein protein takes longer to break down and will let your body digest throughout your sleep

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Eat a piece of fruit or just drink like 3 cups of water and that should fill you up. Mind control man, don't eat anything. You will be fine.

This.

Eat right during the day and there shouldn't be a need for late night snacks but if you're up really late bc you have to get something done then fruit is a good choice

I've been eating flavor blasted goldfish and pringles these past 2 nights. I need to be put on as well 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom