Someone school me on the WNBA....vol. [klj] a gentlemans discussion [/klj]

The argument 'You're sexist because you want them to be different' is flawed and twisted, because sexism is hinged on inferiority/superiority,while 'different' is simply hinged on dissimilarities.

'They're just not as good; women are just not as good as men. Period. Men play a superior game; women play an inferior game.' = sexist
'They play a different style of game. They don't play the same way men do. Period. Men and women simply play the game differently.' = not sexist

You will not like the WNBA if expect to see high-flying dunks and above the rim moves. Sometimes I think that to compensate for their lack of athleticsn thewomen think more than the men. But that is just me. I like the WNBA, I also like international ball more than the NBA.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

The argument 'You're sexist because you want them to be different' is flawed and twisted, because sexism is hinged on inferiority/superiority, while 'different' is simply hinged on dissimilarities.

'They're just not as good; women are just not as good as men. Period. Men play a superior game; women play an inferior game.' = sexist
'They play a different style of game. They don't play the same way men do. Period. Men and women simply play the game differently.' = not sexist

That seems to be just a sneaky way of saying they are not equal because in the end they are both playing BASKEBALL.And when it comes down to it who would win in a game of basketball? I am not saying the WNBA is boring but it is just not equal to men's sports and that iswhat women in the sports world and in general are trying to tell the public.

But aside from the sexist vs. non sexist since we will have to just disagree, why do women want to be treated equal in skill and abilities as men whenobviously we are not built the same? Because I have heard many times before that women are equal remember the whole MJ vs. Hamm Gatorade commercials?

All these dudes compare women to men athletically, it's like comparing apples to oranges...women's bodies are made-up completely different then men,their bodies were not designed to be as athletic as men. If you are attracted to women, yet want them to be equal to men athletically... maybe you would likefemale body builders, or maybe transexuals? If you appreciate women for what they are and how their bodies are designed then you can appreciate them playingbasketball at the highest level possible. Doesn't mean you have to be a die hard fan, just don't hate.

people want to watch the best players in the world play the game.... In the case of basketball and almost all sports that is played by men. Thread Closed

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

people want to watch the best players in the world play the game.... In the case of basketball and almost all sports that is played by men. Thread Closed
women's tennis is a better watch than men's tennis, imo.

If the WNBA was full of Anna Kournikovas wearing short skirts, I'd enjoy watching it as well.

thats cause they are hot... men would crush women at tennis

I will be watching more Sparks games this season because I think Candace Parker is super freaking hot.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Exactly. The same goes for women's volleyball.

And that's because the product on the court is better in women's tennis and volleyball, mostly because the rallies are longer.

You can enjoy the WNBA for what it is, but most people will agree that the actual product itself is no where close to the men's game.

It's not about sexism, it's about the game on the court.

The WNBA is just getting started fellas, EA has put out a trailer for WNBA Live 2008. Check it out:
laugh.gif

Ok, all kidding aside, I have to agree with almost everything Ska has said in this thread. As for me, I've probably watched more women's basketballthan the average man, as my girlfriend played 2 years of college ball in D-3.

Yes, men are faster, stronger, more athletically gifted. But most women work just as hard. They definitely earned my respect. Now, I do not watch the WNBAunless there is literally nothing else on TV, but it's not because I don't like it, just because I don't have a lot of interest in it.
The season hasn't started yet; the preseason has.
wink.gif
The season starts Saturday, with the Sparks (Parker's squad) visiting the Mercury, a professional basketball team in Phoenix that actually has a championship.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif
Shame on you.

That video was sooo horrible but yet I laughed. Out loud.

Anyways, my home girl is gonna be the one court MC for promotions for the team in Seattle or OKC or where ever they are going to end up.

That fact that NCAA Women's BB is way more exciting than WNBA is a clear indication that something is dreadfully wrong with WNBA.

I really gave it a chance. Even when Jackie Stiles played. She's from my neck of the woods. I just couldn't get onboard. So for me...
867152e2e98edaa6e7c8918ea27692e4fad14b4.jpg

Originally Posted by brunotattaglia

That fact that NCAA Women's BB is way more exciting than WNBA is a clear indication that something is dreadfully wrong with WNBA.

The fact that NCAA Men's Basketball is way more exciting than the NBA is a clear indication that something is dreadfully wrong with the NBA.
Right?

"yeah, and I won't be watching you!" I even replied it out loud to my flatscreen.
laugh.gif
Word, when I saw the Candace Parker one I was yelling out "WORDUP! PREACH! Somebody finally gets it!
laugh.gif
"

Like GUNNA said, the game is just not a watchable product to me. I used to watch it several years ago so don't accuse me of being a sexist and judging thegame without watching it; I'd say I watched at least 25 or more games and finally realized "this %!!% is garbage." I'll watch women'stennis or soccer any day, because it's at least as entertaining, if not more so, than the men's equivalent. Basketball? Not so much.

Basketball as a sport is entertaining to watch (at least to me) for the explosive plays and the style and flare with which they play. I'm not even anathletic guy and I'm more explosive than most WNBA athletes. They might be able to shoot the ball better than I can, but I wouldn't want to waste mytime watching myself play, I'd much rather watch the best players in the world do it.

Back
Top Bottom