Sons Of Anarchy Season 5 Thread -- Tuesday's @ 10pm on FX -- 12/05/2012 Episode 13 -- “J'ai Obtenu C

That's life.... I like the realness of it
Wasn't **** real about a random *** nurse who just happened to have an ex US Marshall hell bent on revenge.

Exact same **** from the end of season 4. Laroy's girl's dad just HAPPENS to be the biggest dope dealer in all of NorCal. 

come on man.

My favorite shows are Boardwalk, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc. None of them shows ever just come with some off the wall **** that's totally different from everything else going at the end of seasons like that.

Wasn't **** real about a random *** nurse who just happened to have an ex US Marshall hell bent on revenge.

Exact same **** from the end of season 4. Laroy's girl's dad just HAPPENS to be the biggest dope dealer in all of NorCal. 

come on man.

My favorite shows are Boardwalk, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc. None of them shows ever just come with some off the wall **** that's totally different from everything else going at the end of seasons like that.
that's how tv shows work tho. To progress from season to season you need to introduce new characters and new sources of conflict or else you end up with a nice tight 6 episode mini series

that's how tv shows work tho. To progress from season to season you need to introduce new characters and new sources of conflict or else you end up with a nice tight 6 episode mini series
I understand that...but reference the shows I just named.

They didn't introduce pivotal characters (who randomly have these 2 degrees of separation to other characters) to a story that come out of NOWHERE at the end of a season

It would be like at the end of season 2 in Boardwalk while Nucky has a ton to deal with on his plate and is facing time...then out of nowhere they bring in Gyp Rosetti and he happens to be The Commodore's long lost son or some ****.

That's not realistic at all. I'll give you Damon Pope but then you turn around do the EXACT same **** a season later with another character.

Last edited:
I just can't wait to see what season 6 entails....wonder who the knew VP is going to be and would hate to see Jax become just like Clay when this whole time he's been working to change the mc

I just can't wait to see what season 6 entails....wonder who the knew VP is going to be and would hate to see Jax become just like Clay when this whole time he's been working to change the mc
I see chibs as the new vp. And juice :smh:always effin up

Jax should just give Pres patch to Bobby, and let him pick his own VP, Jax needs to work his way out.

Imo if he doesn't, he is just full of $% trying be all about this and that. You've been wanting to get out for how long now? Once you figure out what your gonna do with the Tera situation and then get out. Clay was dealt with, RICO dealt with, Cartel dealt with, Pope dealt with, signed contract with Charming Heights, money for club from Charming Heights contracts, new brothel, and kickback from the chinese gun deals w/o being anywhere near any of it or the drugs. All of this perfectly lined up, and you still don't want your up with your wife to Providence to start a new life? Her getting arrested would have prevented this anyways, but before the cops showed up. I honestly liked Jax's character before, now I just feel like he is just full of crap with his journals just basically writing down in advance excuses for all his future mistakes, and his inevitable death. He pretends he wants to get out but he will never leave, nor let anyone around him do so either. He is much more like Gemma than his father.

Last edited:

They didn't introduce pivotal characters (who randomly have these 2 degrees of separation to other characters) to a story that come out of NOWHERE at the end of a season

Breaking Bad

Todd

flying drugs overseas in barrels with lydia

Breaking Bad
Todd
well that was fast.

and in boardwalk a show is based on real characters , gyp came out of nowhere...he's a fictional character that

was introduced outta nowhere at the beginning of the season and was crazy throughout the season. 2 degrees

separated from everybody.

every show dozens of people get popped with no real consequence , some random family member is eventually gonna

want revenge and have the means to do it.

Breaking Bad
Todd
He was one Mike's guys. He was brought in slowly and his role grew. And he didn't come at the end of a season either.

You are not at all about to compare Todd to Damon Pope or this Nurse's ex-Marshall brother. You know it's not the same.

Lydia is an Madrigal employee. We found out about Madrigal a season ago. Lydia is just a result of the show digging deeper into that link.

Neither of those characters had some off the wall connection to another character and get introduced at the dead end of a season.

Last edited:
Breaking Bad

Todd

He was one Mike's guys. He was brought in slowly and his role grew. And he didn't come at the end of a season either.

You are not at all about to compare Todd to Damon Pope or this Nurse's ex-Marshall brother. You know it's not the same.

Lydia is an Madrigal employee. We found out about Madrigal a season ago. Lydia is just a result of the show digging deeper into that link.

Neither of those characters had some off the wall connection to another character and get introduced at the dead end of a season.
you can't play both sides of the fence fam

They did out of no where say hey lets throw it in barrels & send out.... crazy money short amount of time

They did bring in Todd out of no where he was in ONE EP before he was cooking & knew everything

you can't play both sides of the fence fam
They did out of no where say hey lets throw it in barrels & send out.... crazy money short amount of time
They did bring in Todd out of no where he was in ONE EP before he was cooking & knew everything
Both sides of the fence? 
laugh.gif

Anyone with a brain knows that the situations are different.

I didn't say I was against new characters. I specifically said the introduction of a new character that is pivotal to the overall storyline at the END of a season is unrealistic. In both Damon Pope and the nurse's brother cases...the MC is GREATLY affected in the midst of ongoing major problems with characters having some SERIOUS random connections to what may as well be extras. (Pope's daughter + The Nurse).

You mean to tell me that two extras in a series who probably don't say more than 5 words between the two of them...just HAPPEN to be connected to a Drug Kingpin and Steven Segal's understudy? Todd is meant to be one of Mike's henchmen and we already knew that Mike had a team of dudes on deck. Lydia is a Madrigal employee...and we're already introduced to what Madrigal prior to her appearance.

But you got it tho.

Both sides of the fence? :lol:

Anyone with a brain knows that the situations are different.

I didn't say I was against new characters. I specifically said the introduction of a new character that is pivotal to the overall storyline at the END of a season is unrealistic. In both Damon Pope and the nurse's brother cases...the MC is GREATLY affected in the midst of ongoing major problems with characters having some SERIOUS random connections to what may as well be extras. (Pope's daughter + The Nurse).

You mean to tell me that two extras in a series who probably don't say more than 5 words between the two of them...just HAPPEN to be connected to a Drug Kingpin and Steven Segal's understudy? Todd is meant to be one of Mike's henchmen and we already knew that Mike had a team of dudes on deck. Lydia is a Madrigal employee...and we're already introduced to what Madrigal prior to her appearance.

But you got it tho.

Nah but you're def. mad.

I'm on Fray Salters side...

Sons definitely reaches... I almost stopped watching after those mexican cartel cats where actually fbi or whatever... thats wild... like such a cop out...

that would never happen in BrBa

I'm on Fray Salters side...
Sons definitely reaches... I almost stopped watching after those mexican cartel cats where actually fbi or whatever... thats wild... like such a cop out...
that would never happen in BrBa

theyre CIA and theyre fueling the cartel wars.

It would be like at the end of season 2 in Boardwalk while Nucky has a ton to deal with on his plate and is facing time...then out of nowhere they bring in Gyp Rosetti and he happens to be The Commodore's long lost son or some ****.

That's not realistic at all. I'll give you Damon Pope but then you turn around do the EXACT same **** a season later with another character.

Fair point. Unfortunately the only show of those that you referred to that I'm mildly familiar with is Breaking Bad. I watched the first 3 or so seasons, and while I didn't notice any end of the season cliffhanger character introductions, I find the entire premise of a chemistry teacher beginning to cook meth because he has cancer...but WAIT he's not actually gonna die so the show can go on to be just as random/ridiculous. In my opinion, that's just how a long-running TV show is going to work.

As for the ex-US Marshal - care to explain further why his presence is that absurd to you? It's completely normal that a prison nurse could have a former US Marshal as a brother. And it's completely understandable that the ex-US Marshal would want to fully investigate the murder of his sister. Am I missing something here? I don't see how that's that random?

As for the ex-US Marshal - care to explain further why his presence is that absurd to you? It's completely normal that a prison nurse could have a former US Marshal as a brother. And it's completely understandable that the ex-US Marshal would want to fully investigate the murder of his sister. Am I missing something here? I don't see how that's that random?

Exactly

It's completely normal that a prison nurse could have a former US Marshal as a brother. And it's completely understandable that the ex-US Marshal would want to fully investigate the murder of his sister. Am I missing something here? I don't see how that's that random?
How is that completely normal?

It's not a reach...that out of ALLLL the prison nurses...it's the one with Rambo for a brother that Otto pokes up?

You seriously can't see the reaching with both Damon Pope and this dude? we can agree to disagree here

^
I mean, it's not any crazier than the biggest meth kingpin in New Mexico being the brother in law of a DEA agent.

The nurse's brother being a badass dentist or kindergarten teacher wouldn't have fit in with the show.

^
I mean, it's not any crazier than the biggest meth kingpin in New Mexico being the brother in law of a DEA agent.
The nurse's brother being a badass dentist or kindergarten teacher wouldn't have fit in with the show.
laugh.gif
 you're missing my point. 

I'm CLEARLY speaking about the time at which they choose to introduce PIVOTAL characters to a story through VERY unlikely degrees of separation.

We learn the entire dynamic between Walt and Hank on the first episode of the series?

How are those two situations at all comparable?

^

:lol:  you're missing my point. 

I'm CLEARLY speaking about the time at which they choose to introduce PIVOTAL characters to a story through VERY unlikely degrees of separation.

We learn the entire dynamic between Walt and Hank on the first episode of the series?

How are those two situations at all comparable?
I didn't miss your point. I've read your previous posts. I was commenting on your other point about the coincidences of who the characters are and their connections. It's not like SOA has the most flawless writing on tv so they'll have stuff that reaches or have plot holes. Like I posted before, life can be really random and weird at times. Stuff happens that you would never expect. If this makes you so mad, go contact Sutter through twitter and see what he says. I'd like to see his response since they're entertaining most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom