Sony Suing Code Crackers Over PS3 Jailbreak

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

And?

Thats what all companies do when people break copyright laws

jailbreaking has already been deemed by the Supreme Court legal and still in accordance of DCMA laws

This!It should be legal, that's like me buying a PC and them telling me I can't have full control over it.You buy the hardware, you should have full control over it.

Sony need to an L, and keep it moving
I'm going to unjailbreak my slim(PSN ban
nerd.gif
)and jailbreak my 60gb fat but that !$@$ needs a blu-ray lense %%!% Sony
30t6p3b.gif

btw team failoverflow release all the tools early today
glasses.gif

Sony need to an L, and keep it moving
I'm going to unjailbreak my slim(PSN ban
nerd.gif
)and jailbreak my 60gb fat but that !$@$ needs a blu-ray lense %%!% Sony
30t6p3b.gif

btw team failoverflow release all the tools early today
glasses.gif

unfortunately most people dont realize that this isnt Ken Kutaragi's playstation (SCE) anymore, its kaz harai's (from sony music) and a bunch of other corporate suits' 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
and this is how things go down in the Corp world

unfortunately most people dont realize that this isnt Ken Kutaragi's playstation (SCE) anymore, its kaz harai's (from sony music) and a bunch of other corporate suits' 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
and this is how things go down in the Corp world

Originally Posted by djaward

So how did they get caught?

its not really "caught" in the sense that youre thinking, these "freedom fighters" like to take credit for what theyve accomplished which is why they post their work online

they dont fear any kind of reprimand because they feel what theyre doing/posting is 100% legal which is why they dont post anonymously, and im sure they still dont fear any even after the lawsuit

Originally Posted by djaward

So how did they get caught?

its not really "caught" in the sense that youre thinking, these "freedom fighters" like to take credit for what theyve accomplished which is why they post their work online

they dont fear any kind of reprimand because they feel what theyre doing/posting is 100% legal which is why they dont post anonymously, and im sure they still dont fear any even after the lawsuit

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

And?

jailbreaking has already been deemed by the Supreme Court legal and still in accordance of DCMA laws

This!It should be legal, that's like me buying a PC and them telling me I can't have full control over it.You buy the hardware, you should have full control over it.

There's nothing wrong with Jailbreaking.

There is however a lot wrong with people using the jailbreaking tools to steal games, modify save files to gain advantage online, or using the tools to hack or cheat at games online.

Because jailbreaking opens up the risk to this people are going to get banned from using the PSN. The hacker ethos in this situation is all about modifying/destroying/advancing what you own (EX: Your PS3 or 360). What you do not own is the online service and experience that millions of other people use.

Should people be banned for enabling .MKV playback in their PS3 or DVD playback on their Wii? I certainly don't think so. But there's no way to shut the door once the gates are open. If you have the potential to exploit games online or play pirated games online Sony is going to ban you from the PSN. I HIGHLY doubt they will brick people's consoles but they will stop you from playing online. The bottom line is, they're not going to take the man power to sort out who's only using the jailbreak feature to play .MKV's, develop apps, or legally backup their purchased games or movies
grin.gif

I'm just curious how many people in here are going to use these tools to actually develop home-brew applications. It's probably only one or two people
tired.gif

Originally Posted by GeNeRaTiOnZ

And?

There's nothing wrong with Jailbreaking.

There is however a lot wrong with people using the jailbreaking tools to steal games, modify save files to gain advantage online, or using the tools to hack or cheat at games online.

Because jailbreaking opens up the risk to this people are going to get banned from using the PSN. The hacker ethos in this situation is all about modifying/destroying/advancing what you own (EX: Your PS3 or 360). What you do not own is the online service and experience that millions of other people use.

Should people be banned for enabling .MKV playback in their PS3 or DVD playback on their Wii? I certainly don't think so. But there's no way to shut the door once the gates are open. If you have the potential to exploit games online or play pirated games online Sony is going to ban you from the PSN. I HIGHLY doubt they will brick people's consoles but they will stop you from playing online. The bottom line is, they're not going to take the man power to sort out who's only using the jailbreak feature to play .MKV's, develop apps, or legally backup their purchased games or movies
grin.gif

I'm just curious how many people in here are going to use these tools to actually develop home-brew applications. It's probably only one or two people
tired.gif

So if you jailbreak, do you get games online somehow or do you rent and copy the games and then stick them in to play? Also, are you able to update the games that are copied? If not, I dont see a point because, most the fun is playing online and if the game sucks and needs a patch and you cant download it, youre screwed. Someone edumacate me on this please.

nerd.gif

So if you jailbreak, do you get games online somehow or do you rent and copy the games and then stick them in to play? Also, are you able to update the games that are copied? If not, I dont see a point because, most the fun is playing online and if the game sucks and needs a patch and you cant download it, youre screwed. Someone edumacate me on this please.

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom