Sony Suing Code Crackers Over PS3 Jailbreak

Originally Posted by ddouble

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

roll.gif
@ playing Super Mario on a Playstation..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's so freaking dope.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

So if you jailbreak, do you get games online somehow or do you rent and copy the games and then stick them in to play? Also, are you able to update the games that are copied? If not, I dont see a point because, most the fun is playing online and if the game sucks and needs a patch and you cant download it, youre screwed. Someone edumacate me on this please.

nerd.gif

some games are online to download illegally, but the problem is who has the time to download a 25GB game. people are backing up games on external hard drive because Can  PS3 detect the difference between an authentic Made-By-Sony pressed disc and a disc with hacked firmware. Modders dont have to worry about patches because most patches are sniffed from a server, and downloaded to a PC then distributed to modders who have jailbroken systems that allows them to update.

So if you jailbreak, do you get games online somehow or do you rent and copy the games and then stick them in to play? Also, are you able to update the games that are copied? If not, I dont see a point because, most the fun is playing online and if the game sucks and needs a patch and you cant download it, youre screwed. Someone edumacate me on this please.

nerd.gif

some games are online to download illegally, but the problem is who has the time to download a 25GB game. people are backing up games on external hard drive because Can  PS3 detect the difference between an authentic Made-By-Sony pressed disc and a disc with hacked firmware. Modders dont have to worry about patches because most patches are sniffed from a server, and downloaded to a PC then distributed to modders who have jailbroken systems that allows them to update.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

nerd.gif

some games are online to download illegally, but the problem is who has the time to download a 25GB game. people are backing up games on external hard drive because Can the PS3 detect the difference between an authentic Made-By-Sony pressed disc and a disc with hacked firmware. Modders dont have to worry about patches because most patches are sniffed from a server, and downloaded to a PC then distributed to modders who have jailbroken systems that allows them to update.
I figured this would be one thing that would totally curb the potential of pirating PS3 games. With Xbox game it is still a small hassle to download a ~8 gig file (approximately a hour and a half on my 10mbit connection) that would be around 4-5 hours. My question though is though what is stopping PS3 from doing what Xbox has done by introducing a new anti-piracy measure on discs. If you havent been in the loop of Xbox Modding, MS added AP 2.5 protection on games which required a new firmware for the DVD drives on modified consoles to be run. Obviously in that instance modders won out (Ixtreme LT+ defeated AP 2.5) but how will this be handled by Sony and the PlayStation modding community?

Originally Posted by sole vintage

nerd.gif

some games are online to download illegally, but the problem is who has the time to download a 25GB game. people are backing up games on external hard drive because Can the PS3 detect the difference between an authentic Made-By-Sony pressed disc and a disc with hacked firmware. Modders dont have to worry about patches because most patches are sniffed from a server, and downloaded to a PC then distributed to modders who have jailbroken systems that allows them to update.
I figured this would be one thing that would totally curb the potential of pirating PS3 games. With Xbox game it is still a small hassle to download a ~8 gig file (approximately a hour and a half on my 10mbit connection) that would be around 4-5 hours. My question though is though what is stopping PS3 from doing what Xbox has done by introducing a new anti-piracy measure on discs. If you havent been in the loop of Xbox Modding, MS added AP 2.5 protection on games which required a new firmware for the DVD drives on modified consoles to be run. Obviously in that instance modders won out (Ixtreme LT+ defeated AP 2.5) but how will this be handled by Sony and the PlayStation modding community?

[h2]http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/01/carne...llenges-sony-over-geohotfail0verflow-lawsuit/[/h2]
[h2]Carnegie Mellon Professor Challenges Sony over Geohot/fail0verflow Lawsuit[/h2]

General, PS3 Hacks , 12.01.2011

The news over the Sony lawsuit is picking up heat over the internet the last several hours, and has gotten Professor Dave Touretzky, a research professor at Carnegie Mellon University to challenge Sony’s lawsuit and in response has mirrored Geohot’s and fail0verflow’s site ON the university’s servers. The professor is well known for his previous challenges against big corporations (Scientology and DeCSS case). It will be very interesting to see Sony’s reaction to this and how they will proceed.

To quote:
[h1]Mirror of GeoHot’s PS3 Jailbreak[/h1]
January 11, 2011:

Our friends at Sony are having another bad day: i.e., doing something breathtakingly stupid, presumably because they don’t know any better. This time they’re suing George Hotz for publishing PS3 jailbreak information, as reported by EnGadget, Attack of the Fan Boy, and inevitably, Slashdot. Hotz’s jailbreak allows PS3 owners to run the software of their choice on a machine they have legally purchased. His site is geohot.com.

Free speech (and free computing) rights exist only for those determined to exercise them. Trying to suppress those rights in the Internet age is like spitting in the wind.

We will help our friends at Sony understand this by mirroring the geohot jailbreak files at Carnegie Mellon.
[h2]GeoHot Mirror[/h2]
Click here for usage instructions.

Note to Sony lawyers: no doubt you’re eager to rack up another billable hour by sending legal threats to me and my university. Before you go down that unhappy road, check out what happened the last time a large corporation tried to stop the mirroring of technical information here: The Gallery of CSS Descramblers. Have you learned anything in ten years
David S. Touretzky
Research Professor of Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

smile.gif

[h2]http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/01/carne...llenges-sony-over-geohotfail0verflow-lawsuit/[/h2]
[h2]Carnegie Mellon Professor Challenges Sony over Geohot/fail0verflow Lawsuit[/h2]

General, PS3 Hacks , 12.01.2011

The news over the Sony lawsuit is picking up heat over the internet the last several hours, and has gotten Professor Dave Touretzky, a research professor at Carnegie Mellon University to challenge Sony’s lawsuit and in response has mirrored Geohot’s and fail0verflow’s site ON the university’s servers. The professor is well known for his previous challenges against big corporations (Scientology and DeCSS case). It will be very interesting to see Sony’s reaction to this and how they will proceed.

To quote:
[h1]Mirror of GeoHot’s PS3 Jailbreak[/h1]
January 11, 2011:

Our friends at Sony are having another bad day: i.e., doing something breathtakingly stupid, presumably because they don’t know any better. This time they’re suing George Hotz for publishing PS3 jailbreak information, as reported by EnGadget, Attack of the Fan Boy, and inevitably, Slashdot. Hotz’s jailbreak allows PS3 owners to run the software of their choice on a machine they have legally purchased. His site is geohot.com.

Free speech (and free computing) rights exist only for those determined to exercise them. Trying to suppress those rights in the Internet age is like spitting in the wind.

We will help our friends at Sony understand this by mirroring the geohot jailbreak files at Carnegie Mellon.
[h2]GeoHot Mirror[/h2]
Click here for usage instructions.

Note to Sony lawyers: no doubt you’re eager to rack up another billable hour by sending legal threats to me and my university. Before you go down that unhappy road, check out what happened the last time a large corporation tried to stop the mirroring of technical information here: The Gallery of CSS Descramblers. Have you learned anything in ten years
David S. Touretzky
Research Professor of Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

smile.gif

can u play mame arcade games on homemade yet like marvel vs streetfighter??

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by debs 168

Killer Instinct on that bish would be
eek.gif

they've got killer instinct for the snes emu

i just got put on by an nter for the jailbreak too...not sure if want do

eek.gif

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

eek.gif

i already have all that on my phone
laugh.gif

i meant the mame on PS3xKiller Instinct arcade version.

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

eek.gif

i already have all that on my phone
laugh.gif

i meant the mame on PS3xKiller Instinct arcade version.

Back
Top Bottom