Soo, Nicki Minaj just compared herself to Harriet Tubman.... Vol. Worse Take Than Kanye

storm2006

Supporter
Summer 2018 really has these musicians feeling some type of way. First Kanye said slavery was a choice then Nicki Minaj compares folks streaming her music to Harriet Tubman's struggles. I honestly don't even know what's next. Travis Scott about to say his bars are the equivalent of MLK's gospel??

Nicki Minaj proves she is insane
By Francesca Bacardi

August 21, 2018 | 10:04am

Modal Trigger
gettyimages-848084130.jpg

Nicki Minaj Getty Images for The Meadows Mus
More On:
nicki minaj
Nicki Minaj has Twitter meltdown over No. 2 album
Massive crowd prevents Nicki Minaj from doing appearance
Safaree Samuels, Nicki Minaj's ex, offered Hair Club for Men endorsement deal
Safaree Samuels, Nicki Minaj's ex, accuses her of cutting him: 'I almost died'

Nicki Minaj is getting slammed for calling herself the “new” Harriet Tubman.

The controversy began Monday afternoon when she tweeted about Tubman, praising her for shaking “s–t up.”

“All the QUEENS I remember, SHOOK S–T UP!!!!!!!! Queen of the week may go to HARRIET TUBMAN!!!!!!” Minaj wrote. “Had she just sat there & ate her rice, you n—-z history would’ve been a lot less triumphant.”

Followers immediately called out the “Barbie Tingz” rapper for putting herself in the same league as the American abolitionist and political activist. But Minaj’s backlash only increased after she compared Tubman’s struggles to free slaves to her debuting at No. 2 on Spotify.

“Y’all I had no idea Harriet Tubman was now trending. I said what I said. #QueenRadio will honor her tmrw. She said she could’ve rescued more slaves had they known they were slaves,” she wrote. “I fought for streaming services to count toward billboard when alotta n—z stayed quiet.”

“Comparing your album sales to Harriet Tubman’s fight for freedom is the most stupid commentary on slavery in 2018 and that includes Kanye saying slavery was a choice,” one follower tweeted.

Another wrote, “I’m not sure if there’s a person in the US alive today who can respectfully compare themself to ‘Harriet Tubman.'”

The criticism didn’t seem to dissuade Minaj, as she maintained her opinion while talking to TMZ before the VMAs.

“I am the new Harriet Tubman,” she said on her way to the VMAs. When asked if she thought it was too far given Tubman’s slavery connections, Minaj repeated, “No, no, I am Harriet Tubman. Leave me alone.”

Music streams is not a struggle dumb *****. Especially when you didn't even have a hand in creating the internet to get your streams dumb *****. Helluva reach.

Explain. IDK???
Joe Budden crazy too.
Basically said she's on some hard **** when she first started acting out erratically on social media a few months back and he said he could tell because he's been there before

Her meltdown over Travis Scott's numbers makes me think he's right

She wants to be white pulling the Sammy Sosa. She’s pissed Cardi b is better at being dumb than she is and wants the shine back

Whatever substance she had pumped into her butt is having adverse effects on her brain.

Back
Top Bottom