Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by 0cks

Really the problem is ya'll are so stuck on the MJ blueprint for greatness
That's the bottom line with a lot of folks in here.  He's not Mike.  NO ONE is. 

Hey! we have FINALLY found our answer to all this free agent madness! He is not Michael! He is not as great as Michael!

LeBreezy is one of  the greatest to ever play in NBA history but never will be as great or greater than Michael. Thread/.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Really the problem is ya'll are so stuck on the MJ blueprint for greatness
That's the bottom line with a lot of folks in here.  He's not Mike.  NO ONE is. 

Hey! we have FINALLY found our answer to all this free agent madness! He is not Michael! He is not as great as Michael!

LeBreezy is one of  the greatest to ever play in NBA history but never will be as great or greater than Michael. Thread/.

so if bosh wins 6 as the third option he will be better than Tim Duncan? will he even be better than Garnett?

so if bosh wins 6 as the third option he will be better than Tim Duncan? will he even be better than Garnett?

I love the fact that while Lebron irrevocably damaged his legacy he simultaneously helped further solidify Kobe's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love the fact that while Lebron irrevocably damaged his legacy he simultaneously helped further solidify Kobe's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Rings will cement Bosh's legacy AMONGST the greats (again, assuming he wins championships and SOLIDIFIES himself as the undisputed best 4 in the L).....Rings are extremely important, and will always separate those who have them, from those who don't.  But...when you get past the rings, you have to look at the ENTIRE body of work and see if they were a "complete" player.  As I was saying before...it's not impossible for Bosh to be held in higher-regard than Chuck, Malone, etc when it's all said and done...you can throw the ring-debate in there and shut a lot of people up (going back to the initial assumption....).  However, if you're going to mention Bosh being better than KG or Duncan, you have to look at the whole picture...offense/DEFENSE/etc...

Rings will cement Bosh's legacy AMONGST the greats (again, assuming he wins championships and SOLIDIFIES himself as the undisputed best 4 in the L).....Rings are extremely important, and will always separate those who have them, from those who don't.  But...when you get past the rings, you have to look at the ENTIRE body of work and see if they were a "complete" player.  As I was saying before...it's not impossible for Bosh to be held in higher-regard than Chuck, Malone, etc when it's all said and done...you can throw the ring-debate in there and shut a lot of people up (going back to the initial assumption....).  However, if you're going to mention Bosh being better than KG or Duncan, you have to look at the whole picture...offense/DEFENSE/etc...

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Man, i find it HILARIOUS that people who complain about him ruining his legacy aren't even FANS or supporters of Lebron.  These dudes were just itching for ANY "new" excuse to hate him some more.  Y'all hated him before the the 2009-2010 season even started and y'all hate him now.  Stop the fronting and just say "i don't like Lebron because he's taking away from my favorite player's shine."  Y'all talking bout him ruining his legacy as if you guys were EVER supporters OF his legacy.  Y'all act like you guys were rooting for him to get a ring and *!%%. 

The ONLY reason y'all should be mad is the self promoting hour long special he had.  That was straight up stupid and unnecessary but don't hate on the guy because he wants to win.  Everyone trying to compare Kobe's situation and Bron's as if it were even the same thing.  Kobe stayed because that fool was THIRSTING to be the man.  Lebron is okay with being a TEAM player.  If Kobe started off as the man, never won a thing, and the future of his team's flexibility looked dim as hell, please believe that fool would've bolted T.I.P ASAP.  Hell, he was already demanding a trade until he got lucky and his team stole Pau Gasol from the dumb *+* Grizzlies.

I don't get how you can hate on a athlete that wants to go to the best situation to WIN.  Isn't that what EVERY athlete wants?  Is to win??  This is probably the most UNSELFISH thing he's ever done.  He took waaaaay less money, as did the other guys, because their MAIN focus is to win.  So where's the crime in that?  Oh, because you guys feel he should do it on his "own" right?  How funny that everyone always cries about basketball being a TEAM game yet when someone does do something that is ALL about THE team, you guys want to rip his head off.

Seriously, stop the frontin and BS excuses and just say "we would've hated Lebron REGARDLESS of what he did."
denzel_intro.jpg

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Man, i find it HILARIOUS that people who complain about him ruining his legacy aren't even FANS or supporters of Lebron.  These dudes were just itching for ANY "new" excuse to hate him some more.  Y'all hated him before the the 2009-2010 season even started and y'all hate him now.  Stop the fronting and just say "i don't like Lebron because he's taking away from my favorite player's shine."  Y'all talking bout him ruining his legacy as if you guys were EVER supporters OF his legacy.  Y'all act like you guys were rooting for him to get a ring and *!%%. 

The ONLY reason y'all should be mad is the self promoting hour long special he had.  That was straight up stupid and unnecessary but don't hate on the guy because he wants to win.  Everyone trying to compare Kobe's situation and Bron's as if it were even the same thing.  Kobe stayed because that fool was THIRSTING to be the man.  Lebron is okay with being a TEAM player.  If Kobe started off as the man, never won a thing, and the future of his team's flexibility looked dim as hell, please believe that fool would've bolted T.I.P ASAP.  Hell, he was already demanding a trade until he got lucky and his team stole Pau Gasol from the dumb *+* Grizzlies.

I don't get how you can hate on a athlete that wants to go to the best situation to WIN.  Isn't that what EVERY athlete wants?  Is to win??  This is probably the most UNSELFISH thing he's ever done.  He took waaaaay less money, as did the other guys, because their MAIN focus is to win.  So where's the crime in that?  Oh, because you guys feel he should do it on his "own" right?  How funny that everyone always cries about basketball being a TEAM game yet when someone does do something that is ALL about THE team, you guys want to rip his head off.

Seriously, stop the frontin and BS excuses and just say "we would've hated Lebron REGARDLESS of what he did."
denzel_intro.jpg

Originally Posted by cguy610

you really think hardcore fans will forget about kobe's miserable game 7 or the fact that Garnett was always scared to take the last shot?

theres a difference between casual fans and real fans who study the game and will always debate and remember the specifics

laugh.gif
Hypothetically, let's say Kobe finishes his career with 5 rings.  At his HOF speech, do you honestly think folks will care that he shot 6-24 in game 7?  No, he'll be enshrined as a 5x NBA champ, and that's all that will matter.  Do you think "hardcore" fans remember Jordan shot 5-19 in game 6 vs. the Sonics?  No...
laugh.gif
Most hardcore fans don't count Kobe's first 3 rings with Shaq.  Those are Shaq's rings.

Most hardcore fans don't count Shaq's ring with Miami.  That's Wade's ring.

Most hardcore fans don't count David Robinson's rings with the Spurs.  Those are Tim Duncan's rings. 

laugh.gif
  and that's why i usually disregard the opinion of these, "hardcore fans"

you really think hardcore fans will forget about kobe's miserable game 7 or the fact that Garnett was always scared to take the last shot?

theres a difference between casual fans and real fans who study the game and will always debate and remember the specifics

laugh.gif
Hypothetically, let's say Kobe finishes his career with 5 rings.  At his HOF speech, do you honestly think folks will care that he shot 6-24 in game 7?  No, he'll be enshrined as a 5x NBA champ, and that's all that will matter.  Do you think "hardcore" fans remember Jordan shot 5-19 in game 6 vs. the Sonics?  No...
laugh.gif
Most hardcore fans don't count Kobe's first 3 rings with Shaq.  Those are Shaq's rings.

Most hardcore fans don't count David Robinson's rings with the Spurs.  Those are Tim Duncan's rings. 

laugh.gif

Kobe > Lebron

You guys think Hardcore fans will forget that Lebron ditched Cleveland and took the easy way out?

Lmao

Kobe > Lebron

You guys think Hardcore fans will forget that Lebron ditched Cleveland and took the easy way out?

Lmao

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

So if the Heat wins a title... ever... Most hardcore fans won't count LeBron's ring with Miami. Because it's Wade's ring?

That's hardcore stupid.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

So if the Heat wins a title... ever... Most hardcore fans won't count LeBron's ring with Miami. Because it's Wade's ring?

That's hardcore stupid.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

That's hardcore stupid.

its not that the rings wont count. they will be cheapened.

kind of like how everybody and their momma said kobe's first 3 rings were cheap because shaq was the man on that team.

now when haters say things like that it comes back to bite um in the $@@ cuz look at what we have here. a player who couldnt win as the leader so he bolts to play with two other leaders.

and come on now bosh will never be the greatest pf ever no matter how many rings he wins wins. thats just stupid.

lebron could have been the greatest of all time but he destroyed that by going to a 2 superstar team. like barkley said your 25. thats too early for ring chasing.

You are the best player in the game right now why would you do that??? you are the best in the game and only 25. you made a trash team win 60 games 2 season in a row. why take the easy road?? It dont make sense

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

That's hardcore stupid.

its not that the rings wont count. they will be cheapened.

kind of like how everybody and their momma said kobe's first 3 rings were cheap because shaq was the man on that team.

now when haters say things like that it comes back to bite um in the $@@ cuz look at what we have here. a player who couldnt win as the leader so he bolts to play with two other leaders.

and come on now bosh will never be the greatest pf ever no matter how many rings he wins wins. thats just stupid.

lebron could have been the greatest of all time but he destroyed that by going to a 2 superstar team. like barkley said your 25. thats too early for ring chasing.

You are the best player in the game right now why would you do that??? you are the best in the game and only 25. you made a trash team win 60 games 2 season in a row. why take the easy road?? It dont make sense

Originally Posted by goukiteg

The thing is, most LBJ supporters threw it in Kobe's face for wanting to win so bad that he demanded a trade, then lucked out on Pau, etc. Now that LBJ is essentially doing the same thing on a higher level, they use the same jabs to support their arguments.
This.

Lebron stans are mad because they can never again use the "Kobe couldn't win without Shaq/Gasol" arguments.. Lebron is playing with frickin D-Wade and Bosh AT THE SAME TIME. Those same people would have to criticize any ring Lebron wins just as much, if not more, than they did for Kobe's.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

The thing is, most LBJ supporters threw it in Kobe's face for wanting to win so bad that he demanded a trade, then lucked out on Pau, etc. Now that LBJ is essentially doing the same thing on a higher level, they use the same jabs to support their arguments.
This.

Lebron stans are mad because they can never again use the "Kobe couldn't win without Shaq/Gasol" arguments.. Lebron is playing with frickin D-Wade and Bosh AT THE SAME TIME. Those same people would have to criticize any ring Lebron wins just as much, if not more, than they did for Kobe's.

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Kobe is my homeboy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Kobe is my homeboy
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom