Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DubA169

you really think hardcore fans will forget about kobe's miserable game 7 or the fact that Garnett was always scared to take the last shot?

theres a difference between casual fans and real fans who study the game and will always debate and remember the specifics

laugh.gif
Hypothetically, let's say Kobe finishes his career with 5 rings.  At his HOF speech, do you honestly think folks will care that he shot 6-24 in game 7?  No, he'll be enshrined as a 5x NBA champ, and that's all that will matter.  Do you think "hardcore" fans remember Jordan shot 5-19 in game 6 vs. the Sonics?  No...
laugh.gif
Most hardcore fans don't count Kobe's first 3 rings with Shaq.  Those are Shaq's rings.

Most hardcore fans don't count Shaq's ring with Miami.  That's Wade's ring.

Most hardcore fans don't count David Robinson's rings with the Spurs.  Those are Tim Duncan's rings. 

And this is the perfect illustration of the stupidity of the "hardcore" fan. 

double J- we just have to agree to disagree on what a great legacy is.

we just aren't on the same page, and that's okay. i'm disgusted with what he did as a fan of basketball. many will agree with me and many won't. it is what it is.

he is no longer the "chosen one" or a "king" that much is not debatable

double J- we just have to agree to disagree on what a great legacy is.

we just aren't on the same page, and that's okay. i'm disgusted with what he did as a fan of basketball. many will agree with me and many won't. it is what it is.

he is no longer the "chosen one" or a "king" that much is not debatable

you really think hardcore fans will forget about kobe's miserable game 7 or the fact that Garnett was always scared to take the last shot?

theres a difference between casual fans and real fans who study the game and will always debate and remember the specifics

laugh.gif
Hypothetically, let's say Kobe finishes his career with 5 rings.  At his HOF speech, do you honestly think folks will care that he shot 6-24 in game 7?  No, he'll be enshrined as a 5x NBA champ, and that's all that will matter.  Do you think "hardcore" fans remember Jordan shot 5-19 in game 6 vs. the Sonics?  No...
laugh.gif
Most hardcore fans don't count Kobe's first 3 rings with Shaq.  Those are Shaq's rings.

Most hardcore fans don't count David Robinson's rings with the Spurs.  Those are Tim Duncan's rings. 

If Bosh wins multiple rings with Miami, do you think that cements his legacy as being better than Malone and Barkley?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If Bosh wins multiple rings with Miami, do you think that cements his legacy as being better than Malone and Barkley?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm not saying I'll agree to that notion, but if he wins multiple championships...people probably won't have an issue bringing up the "rings" debate when discussing him amongst the likes of Chuck and Malone.  Let's let Bosh win one, and establish himself as the undisputed best 4 in the NBA before the debates even begin....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm not saying I'll agree to that notion, but if he wins multiple championships...people probably won't have an issue bringing up the "rings" debate when discussing him amongst the likes of Chuck and Malone.  Let's let Bosh win one, and establish himself as the undisputed best 4 in the NBA before the debates even begin....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well, that's the argument that you have been making here.  Rings cement a legacy.  So if Bosh wins one, even as the 3rd best player on the team and 3rd option, he is better than Chuck and Malone. 

DubA169 and I are saying that you need to be the best and lead that team to the title. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well, that's the argument that you have been making here.  Rings cement a legacy.  So if Bosh wins one, even as the 3rd best player on the team and 3rd option, he is better than Chuck and Malone. 

DubA169 and I are saying that you need to be the best and lead that team to the title. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Which is absolutely not true.  I don't think you understand how much it means to NBA player to have the moniker "NBA Champion" attached to their name after their playing days are done.  That's something that can NEVER be taken away.  Being a NBA champ cements your legacy in the league.  It doesn't matter if KG was 2nd or 3rd option during Boston's title run...he finished the 08' season as a NBA champ, and that is something that neither Chuck, Malone, or Ewing can say.  You can debate KG's place amongst the best 4's in NBA history, but he played an INTEGRAL role in helping Boston defeat the Lakers. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Which is absolutely not true.  I don't think you understand how much it means to NBA player to have the moniker "NBA Champion" attached to their name after their playing days are done.  That's something that can NEVER be taken away.  Being a NBA champ cements your legacy in the league.  It doesn't matter if KG was 2nd or 3rd option during Boston's title run...he finished the 08' season as a NBA champ, and that is something that neither Chuck, Malone, or Ewing can say.  You can debate KG's place amongst the best 4's in NBA history, but he played an INTEGRAL role in helping Boston defeat the Lakers. 

Originally Posted by got shoes

Wow this turned into a Kobe Game 7 thread. Classic NT. smh

Yea no it didn't. What I don't understand though are Bron supporters bringing up Kobe demanding a trade....as if Bron didn't ask for a trade himself. And then bring up Gasol....when he was traded midseason....while the Lakers were already the best team in the West. Yet it's ridiculous to say Kobe wouldn't have left, when he's showed that he wouldn't have left. Stupid.

Yea no it didn't. What I don't understand though are Bron supporters bringing up Kobe demanding a trade....as if Bron didn't ask for a trade himself. And then bring up Gasol....when he was traded midseason....while the Lakers were already the best team in the West. Yet it's ridiculous to say Kobe wouldn't have left, when he's showed that he wouldn't have left. Stupid.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

i think anything you have with Kobe and LJ just turns into some fiasco. Pathetic 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JsindaA

i think anything you have with Kobe and LJ just turns into some fiasco. Pathetic 
sick.gif

The thing is, most LBJ supporters threw it in Kobe's face for wanting to win so bad that he demanded a trade, then lucked out on Pau, etc. Now that LBJ is essentially doing the same thing on a higher level, they use the same jabs to support their arguments.

The thing is, most LBJ supporters threw it in Kobe's face for wanting to win so bad that he demanded a trade, then lucked out on Pau, etc. Now that LBJ is essentially doing the same thing on a higher level, they use the same jabs to support their arguments.

you really can't understand why people are pissed that someone who calls himself the "king" and "chosen one" took the easy way out?

destroyed his legacy and place in NBA history? at such a young age to go chasing rings?

people are out of their minds if they think lebron is about to get more MVP awards.

Bro...Legacies are CEMENTED by the rings you win.  Especially early on in his career.  If Lebron wins 4 rings in Miami, a lot will be forgotten.  What's the main objective in the NBA?  To WIN championships.  This is not like a 37 year old Gary Payton signing on w. the Heat...this is not like a over-the-hill Mitch Richmond singing on with the Lakers, etc etc....that being said, how's his legacy going to look if he stayed in Cleveland and didn't win anything?  He'll go down with the likes of Pat Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, etc.  All great players, but what's the first thing people talk about when discussing those guys in conversation?  This was the ideal time for Lebron to leave.  He's in his prime, mid-20's, and he knows this is the best chance he has to win NBA titles.  I don't see how this is the easy way out.  His expectations for winning are through the roof and there is an immense amount of pressure on him to deliver. 
laugh.gif
@ him destroying his legacy.  C'mon...be serious. 

Legacies are sealed by leading the team to rings.  Not just being on the team.  Who gets the most respect for the Lakers last two championships?  Kobe.  Not Pau Gasol.  Not Lamar Odom. 

We'll see how it plays out in Miami.  LeBron could dominate and play the leading role and build his legacy, or he could be the "Robin" and his legacy will take a hit. 

This will happen...

you really can't understand why people are pissed that someone who calls himself the "king" and "chosen one" took the easy way out?

destroyed his legacy and place in NBA history? at such a young age to go chasing rings?

people are out of their minds if they think lebron is about to get more MVP awards.

Bro...Legacies are CEMENTED by the rings you win.  Especially early on in his career.  If Lebron wins 4 rings in Miami, a lot will be forgotten.  What's the main objective in the NBA?  To WIN championships.  This is not like a 37 year old Gary Payton signing on w. the Heat...this is not like a over-the-hill Mitch Richmond singing on with the Lakers, etc etc....that being said, how's his legacy going to look if he stayed in Cleveland and didn't win anything?  He'll go down with the likes of Pat Ewing, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, etc.  All great players, but what's the first thing people talk about when discussing those guys in conversation?  This was the ideal time for Lebron to leave.  He's in his prime, mid-20's, and he knows this is the best chance he has to win NBA titles.  I don't see how this is the easy way out.  His expectations for winning are through the roof and there is an immense amount of pressure on him to deliver. 
laugh.gif

Legacies are sealed by leading the team to rings.  Not just being on the team.  Who gets the most respect for the Lakers last two championships?  Kobe.  Not Pau Gasol.  Not Lamar Odom. 

We'll see how it plays out in Miami.  LeBron could dominate and play the leading role and build his legacy, or he could be the "Robin" and his legacy will take a hit. 

This will happen...

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

In some ways I can understand Lebron's decision to join the Heat with Bosh and Wade...in others it leaves room for criticism on how he orchestrated this "sincere" attempt at wanting to stay with the Cavs when he knew his heart was set on leaving anyway...

I remember clearly watching the Celtics beat the Cavs in the playoffs this year, and the camera zooming in on Lebron as he walked through the tunnel and immediately removed his jersey as if it was an omen that he was done with the Cavs....

I respect Lebron's talents more than any other player in the league because the guy is phenomenal on the court. But in some ways it makes you scratch your head when you see marketing ads from Nike talking about "Loyalty" and things of that nature..when he clearly had an organization that was willing to supply anything he wanted in order to remain a Cavalier....I know some people are gonna say Lebron is "loyal" to Akron, but many of those same people from Akron would have wanted Lebron to get his ring in Cleveland instead of high $ markets like NY, Chicago, or Miami...

From a business perspective, it's the perfect move from Lebron...part of me hoped he would've stayed in Cleveland and help that franchise get it's first bit of championship respectability the way MJ did in the early 90's for a previously irrelevant Bulls organization..and I am NOT a Cavs fan either saying this.

But what's done is done...hope the best for Lebron. He still is untapped potential and apparently has what he wanted.....just don't preach "loyalty" in Nike ads when it is clearly about Lebron and his best interests...that's all I'm sayin'...
grin.gif

THAT IS HOW ALMOST EVERYBODY IN THIS THREAD IS FEELING MAN! That is the main point. He should have stayed like a true hungry and competitive great legend would.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

In some ways I can understand Lebron's decision to join the Heat with Bosh and Wade...in others it leaves room for criticism on how he orchestrated this "sincere" attempt at wanting to stay with the Cavs when he knew his heart was set on leaving anyway...

I remember clearly watching the Celtics beat the Cavs in the playoffs this year, and the camera zooming in on Lebron as he walked through the tunnel and immediately removed his jersey as if it was an omen that he was done with the Cavs....

I respect Lebron's talents more than any other player in the league because the guy is phenomenal on the court. But in some ways it makes you scratch your head when you see marketing ads from Nike talking about "Loyalty" and things of that nature..when he clearly had an organization that was willing to supply anything he wanted in order to remain a Cavalier....I know some people are gonna say Lebron is "loyal" to Akron, but many of those same people from Akron would have wanted Lebron to get his ring in Cleveland instead of high $ markets like NY, Chicago, or Miami...

From a business perspective, it's the perfect move from Lebron...part of me hoped he would've stayed in Cleveland and help that franchise get it's first bit of championship respectability the way MJ did in the early 90's for a previously irrelevant Bulls organization..and I am NOT a Cavs fan either saying this.

But what's done is done...hope the best for Lebron. He still is untapped potential and apparently has what he wanted.....just don't preach "loyalty" in Nike ads when it is clearly about Lebron and his best interests...that's all I'm sayin'...
grin.gif

THAT IS HOW ALMOST EVERYBODY IN THIS THREAD IS FEELING MAN! That is the main point. He should have stayed like a true hungry and competitive great legend would.

laugh.gif

Legacies are sealed by leading the team to rings.
  Not just being on the team.  Who gets the most respect for the Lakers last two championships?  Kobe.  Not Pau Gasol.  Not Lamar Odom. 

Wrong.  If you're a star in the NBA, your legacy is cemented by the rings that you win.  Again, a star in the NBA.  Lebron is held to a different standard than 99% of everyone else in the league.  Kevin Garnett had a damn good career, but he will leave the NBA with a ring.  Legacy cemented.  It goes on and on. 

I disagree that the ring Garnett really cemented his legacy in any way with a ring.  Paul Pierce was the Finals MVP.  KG was already one of the best power forwards to play the game, had playoff success as the leader of the T-wolves. 

If Garnett had played more of a leading role in the Celtics Championship run, I would say that it cemented his legacy.  Even if you are a star, you still have to play the leading role in winning the Championship, otherwise you're just like David Robinson when he won that first championship with Tim Duncan.

Stop it. Kevin Garnett was the best player on that 2008 Celtics Team. Paul Pierce just came up big (As he always does) in that Finals series. Kevin Garnett turned the Boston Celtics franchise around. (2007-2008 - till' now). Everyone on this board know this is true.

laugh.gif

Legacies are sealed by leading the team to rings.
  Not just being on the team.  Who gets the most respect for the Lakers last two championships?  Kobe.  Not Pau Gasol.  Not Lamar Odom. 

Wrong.  If you're a star in the NBA, your legacy is cemented by the rings that you win.  Again, a star in the NBA.  Lebron is held to a different standard than 99% of everyone else in the league.  Kevin Garnett had a damn good career, but he will leave the NBA with a ring.  Legacy cemented.  It goes on and on. 

I disagree that the ring Garnett really cemented his legacy in any way with a ring.  Paul Pierce was the Finals MVP.  KG was already one of the best power forwards to play the game, had playoff success as the leader of the T-wolves. 

If Garnett had played more of a leading role in the Celtics Championship run, I would say that it cemented his legacy.  Even if you are a star, you still have to play the leading role in winning the Championship, otherwise you're just like David Robinson when he won that first championship with Tim Duncan.

Stop it. Kevin Garnett was the best player on that 2008 Celtics Team. Paul Pierce just came up big (As he always does) in that Finals series. Kevin Garnett turned the Boston Celtics franchise around. (2007-2008 - till' now). Everyone on this board know this is true.

Back
Top Bottom