Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Originally Posted by Big J 33

The bottomline is people would find a way to hate on the guy anyway.

Stays in Cleveland... afraid of leaving Ohio, can't handle the spotlight of a big city, giving up titles for loyalty
Goes to Chicago... he's chasing Jordan, he can never be Mike, he has to win 7 titles now
Goes to NYC... he's just after the fame and money, he doesn't care about winning, he'll never win and the Knicks will suck forever
Goes to Miami... his legacy will be changed, he can never be Jordan now, he's a ring chaser, he can't do it alone

We've already seen most of that said before the decision was even made. Because of the moves this offseason, the hype, the meetings, the rumors, etc. FROM EVERYONE... the way he and his camp handled it, the way ESPN handled it, the way reporters handled it, the way WE as the consumers ate it up... no matter what happened, it was a lose-lose scenario.

To me, the "best" case scenario would have been reupping in Cleveland for 3 years, try to win one last time, then bolt to BK or NYC or Mia in a few years. Cleveland wouldn't be devastated and he would have given himself an out after a short time... but that didn't happen.

Lebron chose arguably the best chance to win... he gave up his personal numbers, potential MVPs, he knew how Cleveland would react, he knew how people would view this... but he did it anyway.

To win championships, and to win a lot of them.

You New Yorkers need to give up in Basketball. Your team rots. Nobody should go to your Team.

Stays in Cleveland... afraid of leaving Ohio, can't handle the spotlight of a big city, giving up titles for loyalty
Goes to Chicago... he's chasing Jordan, he can never be Mike, he has to win 7 titles now
Goes to NYC... he's just after the fame and money, he doesn't care about winning, he'll never win and the Knicks will suck forever
Goes to Miami... his legacy will be changed, he can never be Jordan now, he's a ring chaser, he can't do it alone

We've already seen most of that said before the decision was even made. Because of the moves this offseason, the hype, the meetings, the rumors, etc. FROM EVERYONE... the way he and his camp handled it, the way ESPN handled it, the way reporters handled it, the way WE as the consumers ate it up... no matter what happened, it was a lose-lose scenario.

To me, the "best" case scenario would have been reupping in Cleveland for 3 years, try to win one last time, then bolt to BK or NYC or Mia in a few years. Cleveland wouldn't be devastated and he would have given himself an out after a short time... but that didn't happen.

Lebron chose arguably the best chance to win... he gave up his personal numbers, potential MVPs, he knew how Cleveland would react, he knew how people would view this... but he did it anyway.

You New Yorkers need to give up in Basketball. Your team rots. Nobody should go to your Team.

People will hate LeBron for any option...but for leaving to be a side kick...after all that hype...all that promo was givien...All that Jordan and Kobe talk

I understand him wanting a ring, but dude u are 25, with more talent than KOBE (and i'm a BIG Kobe fan), u quit on a team that won 60+ games in two straight seasons

People will hate LeBron for any option...but for leaving to be a side kick...after all that hype...all that promo was givien...All that Jordan and Kobe talk

I understand him wanting a ring, but dude u are 25, with more talent than KOBE (and i'm a BIG Kobe fan), u quit on a team that won 60+ games in two straight seasons

Thekillerj23- quit frontin you're not slapping anybody. Take the L and move on little scrappa.

Thekillerj23- quit frontin you're not slapping anybody. Take the L and move on little scrappa.

Totally agree!

Totally agree!

Originally Posted by Kojomesa

Like it or not, NYers will never give up on basketball.  We were top 10 in attendance with Chris Duhon and Al Harrington in our starting lineup... we'll survive this and anything else that comes our way.

Originally Posted by Kojomesa

Like it or not, NYers will never give up on basketball.  We were top 10 in attendance with Chris Duhon and Al Harrington in our starting lineup... we'll survive this and anything else that comes our way.

Originally Posted by BrandonL32

It's a team game, Bron's team quit on him who else stepped up in the playoffs?  The organization didn't do squat this off season to at least make the team better

It's a team game, Bron's team quit on him who else stepped up in the playoffs?  The organization didn't do squat this off season to at least make the team better

This...He should have signed an extension for two more years...I'm a huge Lakers fan and I think he had a real good chance of winning alot of
ships w/ cleveland in a year or two...Cleveland just needed one more piece and they would have been good

This...He should have signed an extension for two more years...I'm a huge Lakers fan and I think he had a real good chance of winning alot of
ships w/ cleveland in a year or two...Cleveland just needed one more piece and they would have been good

Originally Posted by eeibaby

i agree with you to an extent.   you can't deny that the teams hands were tied behind their back as well though.

lebron refused to speak with potential head coaching candidates. he remained noncomittal throughout this whole thing the last few seasons which created a level of uncertainty in cleveland which would make big name players skeptical about going there.

they had since the summer of 2006 to prepare for this day though so i will say this.

if lebron handled everything more professionaly i think the hate would still be there by some  but not nearly as much if he handled this free agency thing much better.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

i agree with you to an extent.   you can't deny that the teams hands were tied behind their back as well though.

lebron refused to speak with potential head coaching candidates. he remained noncomittal throughout this whole thing the last few seasons which created a level of uncertainty in cleveland which would make big name players skeptical about going there.

they had since the summer of 2006 to prepare for this day though so i will say this.

if lebron handled everything more professionaly i think the hate would still be there by some  but not nearly as much if he handled this free agency thing much better.

LOL at people calling lebron "robin"

the only people that can hate him are cleveland fans cause he turned his back on them...

as a sports fan i applaud him for wanting titles over money

the only people that can hate him are cleveland fans cause he turned his back on them...

I'm still kind of puzzled by all of this.
You come into the league with the self-proclaimed title of "king", you spent years building up your image and self-worth through your brand, commercials, etc,...you have conferences years in advance talking about the first day of free agency.

With the league at his will, with all the legacy talk, and this is what you decide to do?

Don't even compare him to Robin....at least Robin had the balls to do wreckless things on his own without batman's approval....what you saw last night was someone who doesnt even have the backbone to say NO to his manager and team and instead !*!$ on his own image and brand for a 1 HR ESPN special.

And lebron playing up to the bad man? Please
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You have to actually be a man to play that role, not a Yes man to your crew.

I'm still kind of puzzled by all of this.
You come into the league with the self-proclaimed title of "king", you spent years building up your image and self-worth through your brand, commercials, etc,...you have conferences years in advance talking about the first day of free agency.

With the league at his will, with all the legacy talk, and this is what you decide to do?

Don't even compare him to Robin....at least Robin had the balls to do wreckless things on his own without batman's approval....what you saw last night was someone who doesnt even have the backbone to say NO to his manager and team and instead !*!$ on his own image and brand for a 1 HR ESPN special.

And lebron playing up to the bad man? Please
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You have to actually be a man to play that role, not a Yes man to your crew.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

how can you applaud a man that is arguably the best in the game for not wanting to compete??? I dont know how old you are but the greats when I was coming up competed against each other n didnt team up till they were in the final years of their career in search of one last shot at a ring.

Lebron is a sucker and doesnt have the heart...bottom line. He will win his rings as part of DWade's Heat...props to him

Originally Posted by youngmoney

how can you applaud a man that is arguably the best in the game for not wanting to compete??? I dont know how old you are but the greats when I was coming up competed against each other n didnt team up till they were in the final years of their career in search of one last shot at a ring.

Lebron is a sucker and doesnt have the heart...bottom line. He will win his rings as part of DWade's Heat...props to him

Back
Top Bottom