Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by True Blues

Most telling, I think, are the opinions of former professional athletes:

Reggie Miller:
He is the best player in the league; can we put him now in the same category of Michael Jordan, who never left Chicago; Larry Bird, who never left Boston; or Magic Johnson, who has four or five rings, in the same breath? No. If he would have stayed in Cleveland and won one championship built around him, we would have put him on Mount Rushmore ... LeBron is the Alex Rodriguez. It is still Dwyane’s team. Between LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, one of those guys has to sacrifice and to me it will have to be LeBron James because it is Dwyane Wade’s team.
Otis Smith:
I thought he was, I guess, more of a competitor.
Chris Webber:
I’m never mentioning him and Jordan in the same sentence ever again.
Charles Barkley:
LeBron will never be the guy. I wish he would have tried to win it by himself as ‘the guy.’

There's a common denominator with all the guys you posted....

Is it the fact that like LeBron they don't have a championship ring? Or is it the fact like unlike LeBron they never jumped ship with two other existing superstars? I'm confused ...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

they where showing support AFTER the Cavs owner tired to go in on bron..
Bro...u said 100% of all NBA players shared the same sentiments as Chuck, Webber, Smith, and Miller....

With every decision, there are going to be detractors and supporters....I wouldn't be shocked if it's more 50/50 than anything.  If any current NBA player is *****ing about this, then you're defeated before you even set foot on the floor.  Anything can happen once the ball is tipped, and wins are earned....not given.  Step your game up and take it to these guys to show that they STILL have a long road ahead of them before they are "crowned" anything. 
i agree with that.  if eventually they win, they will have earned it since winning a title is something that takes work put in since the start of training camp and everything has to go right to win a title.  key word is IF though.  while their going to have a great squad nothing is guaranteed. teams are going to be bringing their a game against them and teams will rebuild and make moves through free agency and trades so they will have legit competition.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

they where showing support AFTER the Cavs owner tired to go in on bron..
Bro...u said 100% of all NBA players shared the same sentiments as Chuck, Webber, Smith, and Miller....

With every decision, there are going to be detractors and supporters....I wouldn't be shocked if it's more 50/50 than anything.  If any current NBA player is *****ing about this, then you're defeated before you even set foot on the floor.  Anything can happen once the ball is tipped, and wins are earned....not given.  Step your game up and take it to these guys to show that they STILL have a long road ahead of them before they are "crowned" anything. 
i agree with that.  if eventually they win, they will have earned it since winning a title is something that takes work put in since the start of training camp and everything has to go right to win a title.  key word is IF though.  while their going to have a great squad nothing is guaranteed. teams are going to be bringing their a game against them and teams will rebuild and make moves through free agency and trades so they will have legit competition.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Allen Iverson is the most hated...lol @ kobe....i think Lebron did surpass AI

You really thought before Thursday that AI was the most hated?   For real man I have never encountered someone who disliked him let alone hate him.

He definately surpassed Kobe. 

You really thought before Thursday that AI was the most hated?   For real man I have never encountered someone who disliked him let alone hate him.

roll.gif
roll.gif
A.I. ain't even employed right now

roll.gif
roll.gif
A.I. ain't even employed right now

I really really liked Lebron, and easily looked passed his ego cause he was so dam fun to watch in Cleveland. But leaving was just wrong and downright %!%#%%. I feel terrible for the fans of Cleveland. I really think the only jersey he should put on is a cavs jersey. The thing is i dont think Lebron cares one bit, his ego is even higher with all the hate.

Think about it, pick two of your best friends, move down to South Beach, and go win a handful of championships in the NBA while making millions and millions.
Would you say screw the legacy talk?

I really really liked Lebron, and easily looked passed his ego cause he was so dam fun to watch in Cleveland. But leaving was just wrong and downright %!%#%%. I feel terrible for the fans of Cleveland. I really think the only jersey he should put on is a cavs jersey. The thing is i dont think Lebron cares one bit, his ego is even higher with all the hate.

Think about it, pick two of your best friends, move down to South Beach, and go win a handful of championships in the NBA while making millions and millions.

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Are you kidding? Where you been? From high school, college, his prime, to now AI has been hated on like no other. Like dude said, he ain't even employed and he got haters waitin for him to sign with a team only to be called a "disease" or "big ego"...

Kobe got people that actually think he is better than MJ, and he's the most hated? He got just as much fans as haters.

For LeBron now, everybody but Miami fans hate him

Are you kidding? Where you been? From high school, college, his prime, to now AI has been hated on like no other. Like dude said, he ain't even employed and he got haters waitin for him to sign with a team only to be called a "disease" or "big ego"...

Kobe got people that actually think he is better than MJ, and he's the most hated? He got just as much fans as haters.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

i don't think him leaving was that bad,  it was how he did it.

if he didn't turn this into a big specatacle topped off with a 1 hour decision special, i don't see the huge outrage.  he did play 7 seasons for the cavs and he was a free agent so if he just left then it wouldn't have been nearly as bad.  yea cleveland woulda been pissed still but they woulda gotten over it had he handled it the right way.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

i don't think him leaving was that bad,  it was how he did it.

if he didn't turn this into a big specatacle topped off with a 1 hour decision special, i don't see the huge outrage.  he did play 7 seasons for the cavs and he was a free agent so if he just left then it wouldn't have been nearly as bad.  yea cleveland woulda been pissed still but they woulda gotten over it had he handled it the right way.

Yeah I hear you.  I personally haven't dealt or witnessed a lot of AI hate, but I'm sure there is.

Regardless of if you think it's AI, Kobe, or whomever else, we can both agree that Bron is the new #1 on the hate list
laugh.gif

Yeah I hear you.  I personally haven't dealt or witnessed a lot of AI hate, but I'm sure there is.

Regardless of if you think it's AI, Kobe, or whomever else, we can both agree that Bron is the new #1 on the hate list
laugh.gif

As a free agent he was free to have a parade before his decision if he wanted. It ain't disgusting that he had an event to reveal his decision. Look at that press conference after the Boston series. He had a grip of questions about where he was going.

Yall been building this 'spectacle' up since the ECF loss to Orlando. Not him, but everyone here, in the media and all over the USA.

Yall fools could have not watched and waited the next day for the decision but you chose to watch. I didn't watch because I had no idea or care of where he was going since it wasn't gonna be Houston.

As a free agent he was free to have a parade before his decision if he wanted. It ain't disgusting that he had an event to reveal his decision. Look at that press conference after the Boston series. He had a grip of questions about where he was going.

Yall been building this 'spectacle' up since the ECF loss to Orlando. Not him, but everyone here, in the media and all over the USA.

Yall fools could have not watched and waited the next day for the decision but you chose to watch. I didn't watch because I had no idea or care of where he was going since it wasn't gonna be Houston.

im diggin that lebron is da bad guy now.....cuz knowing him he can legitimately rock that persona....
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

im diggin that lebron is da bad guy now.....cuz knowing him he can legitimately rock that persona....
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Reggie Miller:
He is the best player in the league; can we put him now in the same category of Michael Jordan, who never left Chicago; Larry Bird, who never left Boston; or Magic Johnson, who has four or five rings, in the same breath? No. If he would have stayed in Cleveland and won one championship built around him, we would have put him on Mount Rushmore ... LeBron is the Alex Rodriguez. It is still Dwyane’s team. Between LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, one of those guys has to sacrifice and to me it will have to be LeBron James because it is Dwyane Wade’s team.
Otis Smith:
Chris Webber:
Charles Barkley:
LeBron will never be the guy. I wish he would have tried to win it by himself as ‘the guy.’

Haha that's comical, I didn't see that prior to now. Reggie Miller is my dude however, but rofl @ them sounding like sour no ring having grapes...

Reggie Miller:
Otis Smith:
Chris Webber:
Charles Barkley:

Haha that's comical, I didn't see that prior to now. Reggie Miller is my dude however, but rofl @ them sounding like sour no ring having grapes...

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Another solid point. Everyone and their mother was talking about where Lebron was going, you're going to blame him for making a show out of it? Don't gas it up if you don't want it to blow. Simple mathematics.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Another solid point. Everyone and their mother was talking about where Lebron was going, you're going to blame him for making a show out of it? Don't gas it up if you don't want it to blow. Simple mathematics.

Back
Top Bottom