Soooo....How 'Bout a 'lil Hometown Love? Vol. I'mma put L.A Hip-Hop/Rap ON

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Aint no love for the west here, you gotta better chance than us bay *#%%*! but beware, the wolves be vicious.
Nawwww man, F that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That Bay slaps thread lasted a hella long time....and I know it's catsfrom LA on here and what not, or people that listen to West Coast $+@! (see Nipsey thread) so I'mma try and get this thang goin'..

plus, I mean, dam...I wanna know what's going on out there (since I'm Dallas) so I need my NT folk to put me up on game as well. In terms of Tyga, hestraight but I won't be checkin' for him when he drop
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Yea I know him, he from NHP. And yes, I mean the cover in the original post, it had no name on it. And I dont really think it's fair to say that they "stuck on that 92 gangbang tip" if they wanna rep where they from then you gotta let em do that. I'm sure they got a lot more going on than banging anyway. It's just stories and punchlines.
I guess...

I ain't a fair judge tho cuz I always thought bangin' was dumb
eyes.gif
word...i got fam on 60's and families...

oooh the irony
tired.gif

Pac Div supposed to be coming out wit' an album (
eyes.gif
) but this track "mayor" goes hard and it's off a mixtape Church League Champions that's also supposed to come out...

I'mma put L.A onto this damn music board if it kills me
laugh.gif
frown.gif

that church league mixtape was been supposed since like november of last year lol..and u heard they 3 track ep that the released on itunes?

Originally Posted by g33zuz

Pac Div supposed to be coming out wit' an album (
eyes.gif
) but this track "mayor" goes hard and it's off a mixtape Church League Champions that's also supposed to come out...

I'mma put L.A onto this damn music board if it kills me
laugh.gif
frown.gif

that church league mixtape was been supposed since like november of last year lol..and u heard they 3 track ep that the released on itunes?
saw that...I'mma peep tonight.

Real %$%+ ya'll---LISTEN TO THAT 'PERFECT STRANGERS' AND 'KETCHUP'
eek.gif

You should check out Dubb. He stay reppin So. Central LA. If you think nipsey is tight y'all missing out on Dubb. Hoodz Finest.

-macNcheeesee

I'm not gonna lie, I'm from michigan and up at Indiana for school so I dont kno much about West coast rap besides the early 90s movement and The game,along with a few others so...

And because of this, Idk much about these rappers But I can say they mixtpe/albums covers are DOPE lol...i just dl'ed the perfect strangers off thestrength of yall and they cover
grin.gif

Originally Posted by macNcheese

-macNcheeesee

I'm not gonna lie, I'm from michigan and up at Indiana for school so I dont kno much about West coast rap besides the early 90s movement and The game, along with a few others so...

And because of this, Idk much about these rappers But I can say they mixtpe/albums covers are DOPE lol...i just dl'ed the perfect strangers off the strength of yall and they cover
grin.gif
THIS is what it's about.....

I mean, I'm from LA went to school in DC and live in Dallas
laugh.gif
, but Ibeen put onto to different regions cuz of NT and I got an open mind. I'm just tryna provide some info for the most part only thing people really speak onis either Dom or Nipsey but it's alot else goin' on in the city.

I'm sure you'll enjoy that Perfect Strangers mixtape tho...it's been gettin' heavy rotation on my iTunes.

Originally Posted by macNcheese

-macNcheeesee

I'm not gonna lie, I'm from michigan and up at Indiana for school so I dont kno much about West coast rap besides the early 90s movement and The game, along with a few others so...

And because of this, Idk much about these rappers But I can say they mixtpe/albums covers are DOPE lol...i just dl'ed the perfect strangers off the strength of yall and they cover
grin.gif
THIS is what it's about.....

I mean, I'm from LA went to school in DC and live in Dallas
laugh.gif
, but I been put onto to different regions cuz of NT and I got an open mind. I'm just tryna provide some info for the most part only thing people really speak on is either Dom or Nipsey but it's alot else goin' on in the city.

I'm sure you'll enjoy that Perfect Strangers mixtape tho...it's been gettin' heavy rotation on my iTunes.

-macNcheeesee

Milkshake--That's what's up then man foreal. I love gettin info on new music and I am always lookin so this is a good find forme...and yea hopefully I do love the tape and I will try it soon
pimp.gif

If you into that old school hip-hop feel, check out this dude

Convinced

convinced_refreshing_lrg.jpg

sounds like he tryna tap into that old school hip-hop feel
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I admire him for that but eh...I like for my music to be inbetween
eyes.gif

So Milkshake, Nipsey was being discussed on another forum and a point came up

I couldn't understand why you and another head who grew up in the city of LA just couldn't rock with Hussle, and what came off as a overall distastefor current gangsta rap more so music specifically out of Los Angeles today.

Basically dude on another board who'd also grown up in LA was just highlighting that for reasons similar to yours, he couldn't rock with Nipsey underany circumstances simply because of the image he promoted and the stigma he associates himself with.

As an oakland native oblivious to true banging culture most of my life, I was pretty taken back experiencing the real culture on a first hand basis a lil bitwhen I moved down here. I could completely understand a lack of enthusiasm for a rapper pushing that avenue even with all the other ignorance I/we typicallyenjoy in rap. Is that more or less why ultimately you just can't condone Nipsey?

i been peeped these dudes u posted but i think u forgot shawn chrystopfer, and tunji from L.A too and i know he from fresno but Fashawn is cold

i admire what im seeing from L.A right now...dudes aint all this is how i dress so u should listen to me ..its we can dress and more importantly we canspit..and it seems like everybody working with each other which is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrWavez

You dont like 'The Game'???
And Nipsey is a beast man....his *%%* is dope
pimp.gif
He from Lawndale anyway
grin.gif

But nah, I mean gangsta rap was best when it was done by Cube and 'nem--Game seem like he still live off they glory. Sure, I've liked a couple of his songs but he don't really touch me like that. Same for Nipsey....

I'm more on that low-key laid back feel that you here from Pac Div, Blu, etc. THAT'S the L.A I like
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
And uhm, that Jerkin' %$*+
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

Who's from Lawndale? And why that face? Im from both Lawndale/Los Angeles myself bro.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

So Milkshake, Nipsey was being discussed on another forum and a point came up

I couldn't understand why you and another head who grew up in the city of LA just couldn't rock with Hussle, and what came off as a overall distaste for current gangsta rap more so music specifically out of Los Angeles today.

Basically dude on another board who'd also grown up in LA was just highlighting that for reasons similar to yours, he couldn't rock with Nipsey under any circumstances simply because of the image he promoted and the stigma he associates himself with.

As an oakland native oblivious to true banging culture most of my life, I was pretty taken back experiencing the real culture on a first hand basis a lil bit when I moved down here. I could completely understand a lack of enthusiasm for a rapper pushing that avenue even with all the other ignorance I/we typically enjoy in rap. Is that more or less why ultimately you just can't condone Nipsey?
Yea...I mean, I rock to Gucci and what not and I think that's more or less because I don't have a direct connecting totrappin'.....but banging? I know of dudes who I went to middle school wit' who is locked up right now, I knew people who got shot in front of the spotclose to my house on account of that ###!. Homegirl saw one of her best friends get shot and it's just dumb as hell. Like I said, I ain't never beendirectly in it, but I've been close enough to it to know. I ain't start wearing red until I went to school in DC and I seldomly wore blue. I STILLwould have people coming up to me on some "where you from?" You !$%*$@' serious??? I've always thought banging was dumb and I hate thatit's be perpetuated. And for SOOOOOOOOO long, that's ALL L.A was known for--banging, hell it still is. When I tell people I'm from LA that'sthe first thing they think about (drive bys and what not) Now it's like we got catz comin' out of LA that AIN'T on that and I just would reallylike for that part of LA to be heard. But it seems as if Nip is the dude who everybody checking for, and what he is pushing? Exactly
indifferent.gif

Then, like I said...Nip sound like he stuck in '92, his intonation and everything. He remind me of a wanna be AMGor some ###!. I'll give him another a listen but its like dude---c'mon now
eyes.gif

My bad for leaving out Tunji, I downloaded some inverse (the group he's apart of) but just didn't say anything about it. Definitely seen the nameShawn Chrystopfer come up on some tracks but I have yet to download a full fledged tape from him.

Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23

Originally Posted by MrWavez

You dont like 'The Game'???
And Nipsey is a beast man....his *%%* is dope
pimp.gif
He from Lawndale anyway
grin.gif

But nah, I mean gangsta rap was best when it was done by Cube and 'nem--Game seem like he still live off they glory. Sure, I've liked a couple of his songs but he don't really touch me like that. Same for Nipsey....

I'm more on that low-key laid back feel that you here from Pac Div, Blu, etc. THAT'S the L.A I like
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
And uhm, that Jerkin' %$*+
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

Who's from Lawndale? And why that face? Im from both Lawndale/Los Angeles myself bro.
I beeeeen heard Game ain't really from Compton
laugh.gif

and Lawndale is...Lawndale
alien.gif

Dam...my bad; how can I discuss LA wit'out bringing up Tyga???

What ya'll think about him? I've only heard what was posted on here and I think he's average at best.....

20090610-tyga1.jpg

**edit, saw this dropped so I'mma download

In terms of Tyga, couldn't even get through the whole thing---he cuss too much
grin.gif

Anyways...went a lil' huntin' and I saw something:
20080728-three1.jpg

THIS DUDE IS ON NT!!!!
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
If I'm not mistaken....cuz I remember him buzzin' abouthis *$$#. Said I'd check for it, and I finally am a year later
ohwell.gif
. Anyways, dude from Inglewood and goes by the name of Three 1 Zero (area code of Inglewood), haven't listened but I am about to. His stuff is on imeem sodefinitely peep, I'd post but it's got cussing and I ain't real familiar with the rules nowadays....

Came across Geo by way of Dale Danja's myspace and he don't sound all that bad. Haven't seen him featured on any mixtapes though. This tape isdropping tomorrow so I'll give a little "review" of it....
l_d0c34ce605124196842751b8430cc284.jpg

He from Gardena (
laugh.gif
) part of LA county but not the city...no hate. Musicon myspace wasn't terrible; he def not in the category of the fashion LA hip hop (for lack of better terminology), but he not on that flag wavin' *$$#like Nip or Glasses. This tape is supposed to drop tomorrow so I'll give it a full fledged listen then.

20090105-verse1.jpg

Like I said, this is the group Inverse, which features Tunji. Nice vibe, *$$# dropped in January though....

Anybody heard of this cat SLim the Mobster? Supposedly Dre's new "protege" and he will be featured heavily on Detox. This is by no means"new" but if anybody know about dude shed some light. Looks like kinda sorta replaced Bishop
nerd.gif

00-slim_the_mobster-south_centrals_finest_%28hosted_by_dj_clue%29-%28promo%29-2006-%28back_w_front%29-exe.jpg

That Three-1-Zero been dope fam. You been missing out, you better go check that asap. For a LP with used beats, it was about near flawless choices hemade
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

That Three-1-Zero been dope fam. [color= rgb(102, 102, 102)]You been missing out[/color], you better go check that asap. For a LP with used beats, it was about near flawless choices he made
pimp.gif
frown.gif

Who you tellin'!? And I'm trippin' cuz I really feel like dude is on NT.....but yea, I'm listenin' now and it's nice. Maybe ifhe's on here, he'll bless this thread wit' some new material he workin' on
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

That Three-1-Zero been dope fam. [color= rgb(102, 102, 102)]You been missing out[/color], you better go check that asap. For a LP with used beats, it was about near flawless choices he made
pimp.gif
frown.gif

Who you tellin'!? And I'm trippin' cuz I really feel like dude is on NT.....but yea, I'm listenin' now and it's nice. Maybe if he's on here, he'll bless this thread wit' some new material he workin' on
nerd.gif

He is on NT. Ain't been here in a minute tho

Back
Top Bottom