Soooo...

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I didn't expect this album to sell well. I expected a little more but its hard to predict what a album should do when it was on the internet 2 months prior. Universal did a poor job of marketing this album. It should've never been labeled a "rock album" because it isn't. That turned people off. But if they drop a video for Drop The World? Em and Wayne might shut down the charts with official release.
Video was shot during the Grammy weekend.
Should be dropping soon.

As for people saying I said 50s career is over, I didnt, I just said BISD flopped, but it was an RAP ALBUM.

Comparisons to Ye isnt valid either, that was RnB, close enough to rap.

This is rockish/popish. you think people wanna hear Wayne do that a whole album? no...!

I copped the album and enjoy it, his LOYAL Fanbases will, but to see Waynes real numbers, we have to wait till C4.

C4 will be HUGE, mark my words.

Just like Ye's next album, everyone wants to hear a rapping album from them again.

Originally Posted by RavageEnt2009

what song did he do at the grammy's ?

The only song that makes Rebirth more than a coaster.....Drop the World ft. Eminem
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

I didn't expect this album to sell well. I expected a little more but its hard to predict what a album should do when it was on the internet 2 months prior. Universal did a poor job of marketing this album. It should've never been labeled a "rock album" because it isn't. That turned people off. But if they drop a video for Drop The World? Em and Wayne might shut down the charts with official release.
Should be dropping soon.

As for people saying I said 50s career is over, I didnt, I just said BISD flopped, but it was an RAP ALBUM.

This is rockish/popish. you think people wanna hear Wayne do that a whole album? no...!

I copped the album and enjoy it, his LOYAL Fanbases will, but to see Waynes real numbers, we have to wait till C4.

Just like Ye's next album, everyone wants to hear a rapping album from them again.
indifferent.gif

95% of Hip-Hop today is basically pop.
Last time i checked, this is an album coming from Wayne.
Doesnt matter what genre hes doing. Its HIS album.
The comparison to Kanye is valid too.
808 was barely R&B. It was pop.

Originally Posted by GucciMane

Should be dropping soon.

indifferent.gif

Ok example time:
Green Day drops a rap album with rap like beats.

And they are rapping with maybe one or two rock songs.

do you think people will embrace that?

If your answer is yes, your crazy.

Lil Wayne cannot drop a rock album and expect C3 numbers.

Had this dropped with WAYM it might have went gold first week, CM/YM dropped the ball there.

Im not saying he didnt flop, but the reasons are valid to why he flopped.

808s was RnB and came out when autotune was like the hottest thing at the moment..

if wayne flops, he flops. nothing you can say about it.
its his album. he wants to put it out.
also, rebirth isnt a rock album. its so horrible, that theres no genre for it.
calling it a rock album is a disgrace to the rock fans.

Should be dropping soon.

indifferent.gif

Ok example time:
Green Day drops a rap album with rap like beats.

And they are rapping with maybe one or two rock songs.

do you think people will embrace that?

If your answer is yes, your crazy.

Lil Wayne cannot drop a rock album and expect C3 numbers.

Had this dropped with WAYM it might have went gold first week, CM/YM dropped the ball there.

Im not saying he didnt flop, but the reasons are valid to why he flopped.

808s was RnB and came out when autotune was like the hottest thing at the moment..

I dont agree with alot of things but i do agree on this ,juss bein honest.

if wayne flops, he flops. nothing you can say about it.
its his album. he wants to put it out.
also, rebirth isnt a rock album. its so horrible, that theres no genre for it.
calling it a rock album is a disgrace to the rock fans.
im not saying he didnt flop, that was predicted once a rock album was announced.

Back
Top Bottom