Soulja Boy Disrespects Gza: Says Gza Got His 5 Minutes Off Fame By Dissing Him.

rocyaice wrote:
Crazy how dudes think Illmatic is one of the greatest albums of all time. Dude made that when he was what? 18 or 19? Crazy...

Hold up, hold up, hold up. Am I reading that right?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

soulja boy sucks plain and simple....mobb deep and nas both made they're classic albums when they were around SB's age...so i dont wanna here its cuz he's young...
Horrible example. TOTALLY different eras in hip-hop music, as well as different regions. NOBODY is putting out albums the caliber of Illmatic or The Infamous--grown men included. So you expect a 17-year-old from the oh-so-dreaded South in the year 2007 to do so? You dudes are funny. Show me any kid putting out good music these days. Matter of fact, show me any artist putting out albums the quality of the ones aforementioned.

Different time. Different era. @@$+ just isn't the same, so I don't see how you can even begin to compare.

what the hell? why does different time and region matter?! whether its a dude whos 17 years old 10 years ago or a 17 year old today, they have the equalopportunity to make good music, and it doesnt matter whether their from the south, east, or west, because young rappers have emerged from every coast

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

soulja boy sucks plain and simple....mobb deep and nas both made they're classic albums when they were around SB's age...so i dont wanna here its cuz he's young...
Horrible example. TOTALLY different eras in hip-hop music, as well as different regions. NOBODY is putting out albums the caliber of Illmatic or The Infamous--grown men included. So you expect a 17-year-old from the oh-so-dreaded South in the year 2007 to do so? You dudes are funny. Show me any kid putting out good music these days. Matter of fact, show me any artist putting out albums the quality of the ones aforementioned.

Different time. Different era. @@$+ just isn't the same, so I don't see how you can even begin to compare.

what the hell? why does different time and region matter?! whether its a dude whos 17 years old 10 years ago or a 17 year old today, they have the equal opportunity to make good music, and it doesnt matter whether their from the south, east, or west, because young rappers have emerged from every coast
Homie, when was the last time you remember hearing $%*! like "Crank Dat" back in the early to mid 90's?! You didn't! The fact thatSoulja Boy is even a hit say A LOT about the era we're in, and the state of mainstream hip-hop music as a whole. You bring a young Nas or Mobb Deep outnow, with the classic records they created, and they wouldn't even see a television station. Sad, but true.

I don't see why that's so hard to understand--kids now aren't the same as kids back then. They didn't have the same musical influences growingup. Hell, SB was a damn toddler when The Infamous and Illmatic dropped. Do you really think he'd be influenced by those types of albums? Probably not. Dude grew up in the era of rap music becoming commercialized and more mainstream, so it's no surprise he's done the same.

And again I ask, show me ANY artist making albums like those TODAY. It just doesn't happen anymore.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

rocyaice wrote:
Crazy how dudes think Illmatic is one of the greatest albums of all time.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

You dont?
Yea I do. Just sayin' its crazy how one of the greatest albums of all time came from Nas when he was teen. Doesn't mean that should be the barset for every 17 year old coming into the game though.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

rocyaice wrote:
Crazy how dudes think Illmatic is one of the greatest albums of all time.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

You dont?
Yea I do. Just sayin' its crazy how one of the greatest albums of all time came from Nas when he was teen. Doesn't mean that should be the bar set for every 17 year old coming into the game though.
I see what you're saying, but you came off as you didnt think it was.

And Illmatic should'nt be the bar for every teenage rapper, but alot of ppl want to give SB a pass because of his age, when its clear ppl his age can belyrical.

Back
Top Bottom