Soulja Boy Disrespects Gza: Says Gza Got His 5 Minutes Off Fame By Dissing Him.

I don't even care about hip hop sales because they all pretty much suck now....but to compare sales of records from this era to those in the 90'sisn't really fair

And for the record, just because you don't agree with Gza doesn't mean that you are a fan of Soulja Boy's music....

Soulja = wack
Gza = a member of a legendary group who's currently making wack music

why should soulja boy get a pass? if he has the number 1 song in the country, why cant he expect someone to get at him and try to de-throne him? i mean this iship hop, not the friendliest competition in the world.

do you think mc shan started crying when krs-one and bdp dropped "south bronx"? yall need to really get over this "gza is an old man, soulja boyis a kid"
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

He's a kid, but he's in a mans world now. I don't agree with the GZA, but I don't think Soulja Boys age should be taken into account either.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

At thee end of the day, GZa has't spit a hot 16 in 10 years.

laugh.gif
are you serious? When has GZA ever spit anything that wasn't hot?

And I hate how people keep on saying he dissed Soulja Boy, watch the %&$%#@! video it was the fans, he clarified all this yet people keepsaying he did.

OK, Liquid Swords is my favorite Wu-tang solo album. But on the W, Iron Flag, and 8 diagrams I would say he has been one of the weaker mc's. I forgot aboutDJ Muggs x Gza, which i have listened too and throughly enjoy. But one piece of good work in a long time is not very good. Plus I would think Gza would beabove calling people out being that he is actually smart opposed to Soulja Boy who is not.

worldbeefreeg wrote:

OK, Liquid Swords is my favorite Wu-tang solo album. But on the W, Iron Flag, and 8 diagrams I would say he has been one of the weaker mc's. I forgot about
DJ Muggs x Gza, which i have listened too and throughly enjoy. But one piece of good work in a long time is not very good. Plus I would think Gza would be
above calling people out being that he is actually smart opposed to Soulja Boy who is not.

Well thats his last studio album so what else is there to judge and your prior statement would still be incorrect because Legend Of The Liquid swords hasalot of gems... that dropped in 02. Once again Gza did not call out anybody, people in the audience at his concert said F Soulja Boy and all he did was commenton that statement.

Alot of people in here commnenting on Gza clearly have not followed his career post Liquid Swords so you see outlandish statements like "Gza hasn'tbeen nice since 95"

^^^^legend of the liquid swords is awful. I am tired of people justifying the album. Also Beneath the Suface is wack as well. So one good album is 10 years =washed up. BFA, you afraid to say people Wu-tang is washed up. I love Wu0tang but in my mind the only members who have had any longevity are meth and ghost.Rap is like basketball, everyone starts going downhill eventually.

worldbeefreeg wrote:

^^^^legend of the liquid swords is awful. I am tired of people justifying the album. Also Beneath the Suface is wack as well. So one good album is 10 years =
washed up. BFA, you afraid to say people Wu-tang is washed up. I love Wu0tang but in my mind the only members who have had any longevity are meth and ghost.
Rap is like basketball, everyone starts going downhill eventually.

Legend Of The Liquid Swords was solid... easily 4/5 type album.... yeah Beneath The Surface was very disappointing but wouldn't call it wack and Gzadefinitely redeemed himself after Grandmasters. I'm not afraid to say people are washed-up just certain individuals are too anxious in saying someone iswashed up.. You can lose your skill and still be a good/decent rapper look at Prodigy or Snoop.. Gza definitely isn't what he use to be but he still canhold his own on the mic. 8 Diagrams isn't as bad as people make it out to be... the same cat that dudes was calling "washed-up" a few years backis the same cat that overwhelming spit the hottest bars on that album--Meth.

Originally Posted by BenFranklinAve

Gza is a nobody man Rocyaice you stay typing the dumbest sh.. Gza along with Kool G & Rakim...are part of the foundation for modern day lyricism... Eminem, Black Thought, Common and etc wouldn't be who they are if it wasn't for those 3 individuals. Liquid Swords is easily a top 15 hip-hop album of all time, the amount of quotables he has from Wu-Tang albums is insane... you can't say dudes a nobody when he's apart of a group that sold 8-9 Million album and have one of the largest fanbases of any hip-hop artist or group--Gza as a solo artists has 2 gold albums. People in Asia & Europe know who Gza is... Soulja Boy not so much. Like come on fam you stay trying to downplay cats relevance while bigging up irrevelant cats like Rick Ross, Rich Boy and etc. Soulja Boy doesn't have any legacy, you comparing him to Mc Hammer & Vanilla Ice those dudes sold million upon millions of records, Soulja Boy just cracked Gold... he will just be another DFB/D4L/Lil Scrappy type individual that people will only remember when you hear their sh.. come on the radio every blue moon. Great albums makes an artist's placement in hip-hop relevant not sales... cats stay getting that confused, how many albums has Pharoah Monch sold--not many but dude has history with Organized Konfusion & a classic solo lp. Stop the nonsense-- I know you only mess with Beans & Jay on the east but stop it, your not knowlegable enough to speak on certain eastcoast acts.

I'm knowledgeable to speak on any dude in the game lol. Dudes ain't immune to criticism. I'm gonna tell you like I told ol' boy on theother page. I've got nothin' against GZA or Soulja Boy but RIGHT NOW GZA is a nobody. You speakin' on history. You provin' my point for me.He'll go down as a part of the Wu. His history won't outshine those like Meth, Ghostface and Raekwon. 30 years from now you'll still have peoplespeakin' on Pac and his importance to hip hop. BIG., Hov, etc. all fall in this category. Dudes don't even speak on GZA now so what makes you think 30years from now it will be any different?

Dudes on NT go hard(hold up) for the cause.

No kiddin'. I mean seriously dudes will die for these dudes but won't cop their album.
laugh.gif
How many of you Wu heads actually buy their albums? Just curious. Wu Tang gotmillions fans but only 10% of those fans actually go out and buy their album. What kinda%!!% is that? That's why GZA and Ghostface mad. I'd be mad too.Dudes will argue for me all day over the internet but won't buy my album for%!!%.

Soulja = wack

This pretty much sums it up.
At thee end of the day, GZa has't spit a hot 16 in 10 years.
Damn.....
laugh.gif

I don't understand how cats are getting mad at Souljah Boy for "retaliating." Dude was minding his own damn business, wasn't bothering noone, and then one day finds out he's getting called out by someone.

Should he have just sat there and NOT said anything? *@%@ that. I'm glad he's standing up for himself because like cats are saying, he's beingbrought into a "man's" world/game so it's only right he stand up for himself like a man.

I'm not a Souljah Boy fan but the fact that cats are getting mad at him for "Dissing" Gza even though he's only "responding back"is
tired.gif

to me.

Really? 8 Diagrams and Big Doe Rehab were two of, if not thee best albums of last year. Explain to me how either of these were wack, please.
legend of the liquid swords is awful. I am tired of people justifying the album.

This album was far from awful, many great standout tracks on it. Peep Animal Planet and Fame, who else can make songs like that?

Soulja Boy needs to respect his elders, he wouldn't even exist if it weren't for GZA and the Wu.

To say GZA is irrelevant to hip hop is ignorant.

Wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Wu and GZA? What? We're going too far now lol. Giving the Wu their due is one thing but they paved the way forSoulja Boy? Now that I think about it if I was a part of the Wu i'd take offense to that. Luke paved the way for Soulja Boy a lot more than the Wu did.I'll give Wu Tang a little more credit than that. We shouldn't blame Wu tang for the Soulja Boy's out there.

On NT if you sell 10 copies its considered "one of the best albums of last year". Ish never fails.

After reading all of these replies....I just want to know what the F a Big Moe (
laugh.gif
smh.gif
) is?

- At 17 you a grown!%## man.

- Soulja Boy is not a "childrens song". Its just wack.

- What happened to respecting legends?

- Gza ain't spit fire in 10 years (according to the clowns)...WHEN HAS SOULJA BOY EVER SPIT FLAMES?

- Didn't Gza actually big up SB in that clip?

Originally Posted by rocyaice

On NT if you sell 10 copies its considered "one of the best albums of last year". Ish never fails.

you know what the irony is in this statement is... this is coming from a dude that said Port Of Miami was the best album in 06
laugh.gif

Wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Wu and GZA? What? We're going too far now lol. Giving the Wu their due is one thing but they paved the way for Soulja Boy? Now that I think about it if I was a part of the Wu i'd take offense to that. Luke paved the way for Soulja Boy a lot more than the Wu did. I'll give Wu Tang a little more credit than that. We shouldn't blame Wu tang for the Soulja Boy's out there.
how so... Luke paved the way for artists who have explicit/offensive lyrics on their albums, Luke paved the way for the Eminem's, DMX'sand 90% of the game but definitely not Soulja Boy.

doesn't gza have two plat albums under his belt (with respect to the help that earned them, the rest of the group)? does soulja boy even have ONE? thatis, if you want to make the weak argument that sales = an artists' capability

gza and his 5 mins of fame? i call 1993 and beyond 5 mins.
eyes.gif
on anothernote, our radio station STOPPED playing souljah boy after his 1st single. and our crappy radio station usually sniffs the balls of whatever crappy southernartist comes out with the latest weak rap track with the accompanying dance, for that single. and play it back-to-back-to-back. i don't think i'veever heard 'souljah girl' play on jammin 95.

3rd, for those that say that gza needs to let souljah boy be, i can understand that. but what about the QUALITY of YOUR culture and music that you and yourpeople represent on a daily basis??? how come dudes/chicks like jay-z, nas, busta rhymes, scarface, lil kim
sick.gif
(sorry, not my fav), or hell, even cassidy, can make a pop-rap track but stillkeep it RIGHT with their representation of the culture/music? all gza is saying is that GARBAGE IS GARBAGE and souljah boy is GARBAGE. eff the money, and itisn't about being envious either. it's about weak artists and greedy mainstream labels making a MOCKERY of a music and culture that is not onlybeautiful, but has survived this long despite all of the negativity it has and will continue to receive (for example, the don imus incident and the media'sspin on hip-hop/rap's '*****es' and '****' remarks, etc).

ya'll youngins want to talk about people being old and outdated, but these dudes laid the foundation for your teeny-bopper pop-rappers.

and then if you want to bring race into it, lets take it even further. i'm sure alot of you can agree that the average black person still gets ****ted ontoday. we don't have much in this country, even with our rich history, ideas, knowledge, impacts, and contributions that black people have given thiscountry since the first slaved arrived. hip-hop is worldwide and for everybody really, but your fellow black man and woman created this culture and music. how do you already feel when people try to @##! on hip-hop/rap and have to defend it just because you are a black person, like chris rock said? souljah boyain't nothin' but the 2008 version of a tap dancing, foot shuffling bojangles. a white man at the label gave souljah boy the money to entertain himand his rich white friends and make them money, and souljah boy is doing just that. if you want to support crap over the preservation of your culture, then bemy guest. but still give respect where it's due and recognize garbage when it's garbage. souljah is gettin' that cake for himself and hisfamily/friends, but he's making some other white man more rich while he travels the country and hits the airwaves making a fool of himself and this music.

this argument can go on-and-on. i see alot of you complaining about the wolf shirts or the hyphy shades, but it's dudes like souljah boy and the like,with the same silliness and pitiful music that represent that crap. you complain, but don't do anything about it. stop supporting that crappy music.

i'd be more proud to say that i support an artist who has depth, skill, life experiences and such, that offers good music. gza has traveled the world andis wise in his music. i'd feel pretty shameful to say that i support someone who has probably never even been to canada, has no substance in theirartwork/artform, and makes himself look like a fool while doing so.

souljah boy is like a variant jordan xi to an og xi, is how i see it. not a match whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom