Soulja Boy & S.O.D Speak On Who Killed Hip-Hop! "Nas Killed Hip Hop With His "Hip Hop Is Dead"

Although I don't agree with Nas being the culprit...I've always said that as soon as Nas said that was the name of his album, every listener suddenlyreceived their doctoral degree in hip hop and felt they could diagnose the state of the genre.

Worst...thing...ever...

you gotta kind of agree with Souljaboy once Nas said hip hop was dead suddenly everything nowadays is considered wack or dead.. So many examples even within NTthat everything thats not like the OG is wack that terminology in itself made everyone qustion Hip Hop and +$!# around us

roll.gif

You gotta admit, once someone says something its taken as truth. Then every other rapper after Nas only rapped about "hip hop is dead" instead ofjust making good records
grin.gif

Originally Posted by tmukg21

You gotta admit, once someone says something its taken as truth. Then every other rapper after Nas only rapped about "hip hop is dead" instead of just making good records
grin.gif

exactly dudes nowadays are always questioning the current state of hip hop rather than interrupting it.

laugh.gif

I forsee alot of
laugh.gif
's in this thread... its both sad & halarioushearing ignorant young N's talk...

he kinda do got a point with the perception of "hiphop being dead" and record-sales tho...

'Like 50 said I run NY, yup....nah, I really heard that tho...'
laugh.gif

alot of quotables in this one....

Soulja Boy is right. How can you argue with his perspective. He's in the game. He just told you how the rap game is played out like a game of chess (alongwith a political metaphor), and you still got people sticking up for pawns in the game lol.

dumbest video i seen from this kid..the hip hop dead thing did not start with nas.....i mean it was so much dumb +@+# in that video ...they gotta stop lettinghim release random videos..

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Soulja Boy is right. How can you argue with his perspective. He's in the game. He just told you how the rap game is played out like a game of chess (along with a political metaphor), and you still got people sticking up for pawns in the game lol.
no....no....and more no...soulja is headed to berg status now..but its not really his fault..what is dude like 17 or 18?? the best rapper in thegame to him is lil wayne?....yea...ight.....

yea he right..that dont exclude the fact that he a terrible rapper tho even by southern party anthem standards

Originally Posted by melomanDNVnuggets

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

its both sad & halarious hearing ignorant young N's talk...
How is he being ignorant tho? What soulja boy said was both logical and analytical its not like he's just talkin crazy.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

dumbest video i seen from this kid..the hip hop dead thing did not start with nas.....i mean it was so much dumb +@+# in that video ...they gotta stop letting him release random videos..

???

Nah, I thought it was stupid at first...but then when he start throwing out comparisons/analogies...

"thats like if a football player came out and say: basketball is dead. Damn, I play basketball, I need to you to shut the F' up..."

that & the George Wayne/Obama Nas/Bush comparison....thoughtful.

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Originally Posted by torgriffith

Soulja Boy is right. How can you argue with his perspective. He's in the game. He just told you how the rap game is played out like a game of chess (along with a political metaphor), and you still got people sticking up for pawns in the game lol.
no....no....and more no...soulja is headed to berg status now..but its not really his fault..what is dude like 17 or 18?? the best rapper in the game to him is lil wayne?....yea...ight.....

I really wasn't talking about his status...If u don't get it now, you'll get it later.

First of all, I only watched about 40 seconds. I'm not going to spend 6 minutes watching these dudes talk. Nas said Hip Hop is dead. I think a lot ofpeople don't what Nas meant. A lot would think that he is referring to the skills of today's rappers. Even Nas said he listens to some Soulja Boy andLil Wayne. What he meant was that Hip-Hop is getting too commercial, and being who he is and what Hip-Hop means to him, he would love to see Hip-Hop back inits essence. And Hip-Hop did change a lot, just compare KRS-One to Soulja Boy. Nas DID NOT kill Hip Hop.

But think about it, Hip Hop today is nothing compared to the older days. I hear a lot of the same thing when I listen to the radio. I don't even mess withthe radio anymore. Rappers continue to talk about money and material possession. Lil' Wyane can't possibly be the best rapper. And don't get mewrong, I listen to tracks like: I'm Me, Hustler's Muzik, Mr. Carter, and that verse in Ghetto Rich Remix was sick.

In my opinion Nas is the best rapper alive. He continues to spit what he's about and haven't changed. Forget the sales.

Everybody wants to voice their opinion of the game just because the effect that the digital sales are having.

Nobody's going out and buying tapes/cd's like they used to, so of course, cats going to claim its dead because itdoesn't have that same type of suppor that it once did. Cats don't have to go to shows and wait on DJs to release tapes anymore, they can hop on googleand cop any cd they want at the drop of a dime. Had rappers been moving weight like they were in the 90s, they wouldn't even be talking about HipHop nothaving a pulse.

Soulja Boy is just one of many who feel they have the authority to voice their opinion, but to each their own.
grin.gif

its cool to watch soulja boy act a fool..be he was really trying to be serious...and was really making no sense..thats why its not funny..

Back
Top Bottom