Soulja Boy & S.O.D Speak On Who Killed Hip-Hop! "Nas Killed Hip Hop With His "Hip Hop Is Dead"

let me go in further
1. musically hip hop is not popping..u name me one album in the past yr that has went platinum...without a pop single?
2. "thats like a football player coming out and saying....basketball is dead"...??huh?? what??? that made nooo sense to me..sumbody please explain
3. he is doing what everbody else has been doing to him..passing the blame...to be honest with you..all the ppl that was saying "hip hop is dead"were saying that before Nas came out with that album..plus look at Nas's fan base...they are hip hop fans..and were most likely on the "hip hop isdead" bandwagon before he came out with that record. THE REAL PPL TO BLAME IS THE CONSUMERS! point blank period...
the whole lil wayne comparion got cancelled out cuz wayne is more pop than he is hip hop...on a mainstream level..

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

you gotta kind of agree with Souljaboy once Nas said hip hop was dead suddenly everything nowadays is considered wack or dead.. So many examples even within NT that everything thats not like the OG is wack that terminology in itself made everyone qustion Hip Hop and +$!# around us

looking back at it, that makes sense. but i also feel like SOMMEEONE was bound to say it anyways.

Originally Posted by BayEST

you gotta kind of agree with Souljaboy once Nas said hip hop was dead suddenly everything nowadays is considered wack or dead.. So many examples even within NT that everything thats not like the OG is wack that terminology in itself made everyone qustion Hip Hop and +$!# around us

looking back at it, that makes sense. but i also feel like SOMMEEONE was bound to say it anyways.

^people forget what "pop" means; its short for popular what's wrong with that As far as sales, you have to factor in concerts , ringtones, sosales wise hip hop is more than alive

Originally Posted by JustBlaze1906

Although I don't agree with Nas being the culprit...I've always said that as soon as Nas said that was the name of his album, every listener suddenly received their doctoral degree in hip hop and felt they could diagnose the state of the genre.

Worst...thing...ever...
true stills

The fact that we are quoting and watching videos of Soulja Boy for the state of hip hop, sums it all up. The simply fact that we take a dude who made a songyelling supaman serious with anything to do about hop lets us all know Hip Hop isn't dead we are just focusing our attention in the wrong direction.

THE INTERNET KILLED HIP HOP!

Originally Posted by tmukg21

^people forget what "pop" means; its short for popular what's wrong with that As far as sales, you have to factor in concerts , ringtones, so sales wise hip hop is more than alive

pop doesnt mean that now...and no....hip hop musically..is not really mainstream anymore unless it comes with a gimmick....im not complaining..im just statingthe obvious from being a artist and a fan..and watching everything closely....

at the end of the day Nas put out a wack album and had the album titled "Hip Hop Is Dead" instead of just doing what Soulja Boy said ""!!+% and go in the studio"
laugh.gif
.If he had focused more on justthe music he'd a been good money.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

at the end of the day Nas put out a wack album and had the album titled "Hip Hop Is Dead" instead of just doing what Soulja Boy said " "!!+% and go in the studio"
laugh.gif
.If he had focused more on just the music he'd a been good money.

I've been meaning to make a thread about this for a minute.
Especially after listening to Untitled, Nas could have went soooo much harder on HHiD.

There's an underlying message in HHiD, but he could have done a much better job on that album as a whole.
Especially after seeing the work he put into Untitled.

You know hip-hop is garbage when Soulja Boy's comments are viewed as insightful and enlightening. Garbage rappers giving lectures about the state ofhip-hop LOL

You know hip-hop is garbage when Soulja Boy's comments are viewed as insightful and enlightening. Garbage rappers giving lectures about the state of hip-hop LOL
The funny I SH is someone is going to try & flame you for this statement.

Yo I never thought this kid would make sense... But he makes 100% sense and I agree

The !#@# was dying, but when Nas came out with his Hip Hop is Dead !#@#, it only added more fuel to the fire

they posted this in general and it got heated and locked
ended up turning into a Jay/Nas Takeover/Ether arguement SMH
hopefully we'll stay on topic

and just for general knowledge i am not dude who was trying to sell the posters a while back, i saw his post liked the poster saw the pic elsewhere and use itas my avy End Story
got called a leecher last go round and need to clear that up

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

You know hip-hop is garbage when Soulja Boy's comments are viewed as insightful and enlightening. Garbage rappers giving lectures about the state of hip-hop LOL

no one on NT wants to say SB is right. Always gotta agree, then say "but..."

People hate when Nas is attacked
laugh.gif

hip hop is dead cause of soulja boy and people like him puttin out this garbage music.... he a cornball... screw him....

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

at the end of the day Nas put out a wack album and had the album titled "Hip Hop Is Dead" instead of just doing what Soulja Boy said " "!!+% and go in the studio"
laugh.gif
.If he had focused more on just the music he'd a been good money.

I've been meaning to make a thread about this for a minute.
Especially after listening to Untitled, Nas could have went soooo much harder on HHiD.

There's an underlying message in HHiD, but he could have done a much better job on that album as a whole.
Especially after seeing the work he put into Untitled.
I agree. How do you not go hard with an album titled HHiD.That might of been one of his weakest albums.He's just adding to the fact of what hewas saying

People hate when Nas is attacked
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i dont think it has much to do with nas...other than him not making sense...and nobody is yet to explain to me this statement: "its like a football playersaying basketball is dead"...

Originally Posted by jefffort5

i dont think it has much to do with nas...other than him not making sense...and nobody is yet to explain to me this statement: "its like a football player saying basketball is dead"...
that is also true.

When Yall Gone Learned To Stop Messin With This Boy?

GZA Ice-T Charles Hamilton Nas
eek.gif

WHOS NEXT????????
nerd.gif

Exactly...

That's my whole gripe with "Hip Hop is Dead"

Originally Posted by jefffort5

ight..im done posting in this forum....
laugh.gif
First Wale and now you?! damn..... but for real though everything he said in that video sounded stupid as +%%+.. them _s in the video only cosigned that !%*% cause they didn't wanna get put on blast for not agreeing with dude. Them _s is yes men.

Back
Top Bottom