Source: Patriots taped Rams before the Super Bowl

smh.gif
they should definitely have an asterisk for this season. One of the most classless teams in the history of the NFL

Originally Posted by allen3xis

the timing is BS
Right....deal with it....

paulbyrd.jpg

haha cmon allen, we all know that was revenge for the tribe getting beckett's ex to sing the anthem...

nah thats the same thing tho...that san fransico media source broke that story the day of/night before byrd's start...you really have to wonder why peoplewait. its good that in byrd's case, he was actually using them legally for his health issues...of course the media never mentioned that part.

Yah, it wasn't a big deal then, it's not now..that pic was just for the homer pgatour..
laugh.gif

It isn't gona matter tomorrow at 6:17

the timing is BS
Right....deal with it....

paulbyrd.jpg

I'm sorry, but no one really cares about that anymore (well i guess indian fans
laugh.gif
). This is a much bigger deal because it puts into question anentire dynasty, including a historic, possibly perfect season.

it puts into question an entire dynasty, including a historic, possibly perfect season.
No, "it"....is the Patriots cheating.

The media didn't do this, the Patriots did it to themselves.

Yah, it wasn't a big deal then, it's not now..that pic was just for the homer pgatour..
laugh.gif

It isn't gona matter tomorrow at 6:17

homer huh? you're just jealous cuz my teams are so much more ridiculously talented than your's.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Jesus Christ, who cares? They can have you play book, at the end of the day you still got to execute.

have you ever played football before in your life? i'm guessing that's a no...

if the other team knows what plays you are going to run, how the hell can you "execute"? they'll just overplay whatever side you're running to and jump the play as soon as the ball is snapped. even if you legally studied the scouting tapes from all of their games to pick up habits, having access to their pre-game walkthrough is absolutely absurd and a completely unfair advantage.
even in youth football where you warm-up on the same field, they have the other kids make a human wall to block the other team from seeing their walkthrough
So having tape of a team from the previous week is cheating to then. It was just a walk through, it's not that big of a deal.

If I tell you I'm going to run a post or flag pattern you still have to stop me. If I beat you off the line you have no shot.

it puts into question an entire dynasty, including a historic, possibly perfect season.

i agree, maybe i didn't articulate it well, enough but im pretty pissed at Bill, not the media. It's just that the timing was sketchy as well.

Watch how people are going to play it down like the Patriots would have won regardless.

It is.

I don't think it matters anway, NE will still win tomorrow, Brady will win SB MVP, etc, etc

this is just great

now the patriots are going to win by 60 pts tomorrow. thanks media.

Originally Posted by kobeskool2009

the pats are a joke all of bradys record should be deleted from that books and randy moss records and they should have to forefit all theri games from that pass 7 years ***

oh there you are.

you have 1130 posts, and 1129 of them have to do with the Patriots cheating or how bad you want the Patriots players to die in an awful accident and burn inhell.
idiot
how about the perfect timing of the Pats taping the Rams the day before the Super Bowl? how about that? you don't seem bothered by that side of the story

How about waiting until actual EVIDENCE or someone shows PROOF that these things actually happened before jumping to conclusions? Sure, the Patriots cheatedagainst the Jets and I'd be a %%%#+@$ to say that was their first time cheating in an NFL game. If the Pats did indeed cheat in any of their SB's, thenI'll be the first to say to strip of them of their 'chips or place an asterisk next to that win. However, I find it funny that all this Spygate stuffand other dealings is leaking out to the media a couple of days before the big game. I'm sure if the Patriots would have gone 9-7 and narrowly missed theplayoffs, we'd be talking about all this at this date right?
eyes.gif

It's not as if just because the media is reporting it = it to be true. Or because an "unnamed source" talks, we have to believe everything. Lookat the LA Times article that named names that were blacked out in the Jason Grimsley testimony. They also had an "unnamed source". Half of the dudesthey implicated ended up being wrong when the testimony was opened to the media and they looked like idiots afterwards.

Or the St. Louis TV station that claimed A. Pujols was on the Mitchell Report...only for it to be proven false once it did come out. They also had to issue anapology and look like idiots.

I'm more amused about the timing than anything, but I'm not saying there's no way this happened. Nor am I saying the Patriots are the saints of theNFL. But I just find it funny how everyone wants to take championships away and scrap records and have Congress get involved when this matter was firstrevealed 5 months ago, and the SB we're talking about was in Feb. 2002...6 years ago. Why is it NOW that all this stuff is starting to get leaked?

I'll be disappointed (but not shocked) if true and I'll be the first to say that everything they've accomplished the last years and dynasties andwhatnot is a FARCE. Time will only tell where this is going.

So having tape of a team from the previous week is cheating to then. It was just a walk through, it's not that big of a deal.

once again, proving that you've never played football. in the pre-game walkthrough, you go through the EXACT plays you plan to run for EXACT situations. teams usually put in new formations when they are facing a different style team. these plays have initial success until the opponent catches on, because they never saw those formations on the scouting tapes. when they spy on you and see you running those formations in practice, they will know how to stop them before you even run it, and you won't have any success with it at all.

there are teams that do a good job of guessing what you are going to do in a situation, that's part of the chess game of coaching. but no one can know exactly what you are going to do every time, that is an unfair advantage.

If I tell you I'm going to run a post or flag pattern you still have to stop me. If I beat you off the line you have no shot.

if i knew 100% for sure that you were running a post or flag pattern, i would bring out my dime package and put three guys on you. then i would shift my D-line to that side of the field and blitz all my LBs. try to execute with your QB having 7 guys in his face and nowhere to throw.

even if you've never played football, have you played Madden? there are some glitches in the game that make certain plays on offense or defense unstoppable. it realistically doesn't matter what you do, because that particular play just cannot be stopped. and the guy you are playing keeps cheesing by running them over and over. you can't tell me you don't feel cheated when that happens to you

Even if you did put in a Dime package and had 3 guys on one receiver, and had 2 CBs on another you still leave a Safety who has to come up and is mostlikely terrible in coverage anyway and one LB who is all by himself to watch a RB. You can throw any package it doesnt matter, as it was shown numerous timesthat Randy Moss has been triple covered and still makes a catch, so please.

And no, I have never played Madden.

they should seriously take their Super Bowls away if this is true. i've joked about it in the past, but this time i'm serious.

agreed 100%, it's a very unfair advantage, and it's cheating just like using steroids in baseball is, and perhaps even more so IMO. if you knowsomeone's plays and know what they'll run in different situations, it's not just about execution. it's @!@#!* up

and watch BSPN downplay this. "oh...i'm sure a lot of other teams do it too but don't get caught, it's cuz the Patriots are the best team inthe league"..."The Patriots would still be a dynasty despite this..."

If this is confirmed through NFL officials who have evidence/videos, something has to happen.
smh.gif

Belicheat
smh.gif

%$!!%#* cheaters. The whole city sucks. Bum Billichick probably did it for all the Superbowls.

The Pats should get a big @!% asterick next to everything they won, including 18 (possibly 19)-0.

and to think they took a ring away from a great overall guy like Lovie Smith (D Cordinator)

Why shouldn't people jump to conclusions??

If this was the first time the Pats cheating was reported, sure...

But it's not.

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

If this is confirmed through NFL officials who have evidence/videos, something has to happen.
smh.gif

Belicheat
smh.gif

The past videos were supposedly destroyed by Roger Goodell and co. and they (NFL) seem to be on the Patriots' side so I wouldn't expect much tohappen from this instance, but regardless of the timing, the New England Patriots have been a shady organization. We see a lot of things coming to lightincluding not only what they have been accused of in the past, but their total mockery of the NFL processes such as the injury reports, the pressinterviews...basically their overall transparency to people outside their organization. They seem to believe they're above others when it comes to being anorganization that does things by the book and according to the rules. It's disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom