Source: Patriots taped Rams before the Super Bowl

They should have been disqualified this season. To me they didn't have a perfect season. They went 15-0 and cheated 1 game.

I hope that this is true and the Patriots get stripped of all their rings.. I really hate them.. haha

Patriots gonna run the score up like crazy tomorrow.

I always equate this to playing Madden, i have a friend who openly looks at the plays i pick....
and i dont care, because at the end of the day... i execute my plays.... Audibles, Hot Routes, i just see what the defense is in, and who is blitz'n and iadjust
i dont think them taping somebody effects how the players play on the field....

furthermore, i think they are going hard at the Pats, based on they going to be perfect. EVERY single team in the NFL cheats in some way...from the vasoline onthe jersey's to the Stick-Ums on the recievers gloves....
and they did only win that superbowl on a game winning FG.....if you had somebodies plays you would think that they would ALWAYS blow teams out....

whatever, Patriots still the best team

laugh.gif
... ALL this will do is pump the Patriots up even more

63-3... Good night Giants

Oh, and ya this is coming out just because of the undefeated season...

Is someone on Mercury's payroll?

Originally Posted by PAsSback

Oh, and ya this is coming out just because of the undefeated season...

Is someone on Mercury's payroll?

The guy with the video camera was on the Patriots payroll.

Um, wow a day before the superbowl.. I'm thinking though, if the Patriots did cheat and had the opposing team's playbook, why until now were theyunable to break the record, and destroy teams by 30+ in the past.. Anyways, shouldn't they interview and ask the former coaches like Romeo, Charlie Weisand others, about these tapings and other ordeals regarding the Patriot front office... But, dang 6 years ago.. And this info was released right before theSuperbowl...

Mangini ???

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Um, wow a day before the superbowl.. I'm thinking though, if the Patriots did cheat and had the opposing team's playbook, why until now were they unable to break the record, and destroy teams by 30+ in the past.. Anyways, shouldn't they interview and ask the former coaches like Romeo, Charlie Weis and others, about these tapings and other ordeals regarding the Patriot front office... But, dang 6 years ago.. And this info was released right before the Superbowl...

Mangini ???

They never had receivers until this year. Al Davis gave them Randy Moss for a pack of depends, some fibercon, and a years supply of centrum silver.

IMO, everyone needs to shut up...

First we have to hear about all the steroid @#%%%@@* in baseball that NO ONE even cares about
Ticket sales are higher than ever..

Now we have to deal with "spygate"
If the Patriots are doing this, you can bet most other teams are as well
Besides..If they went 13-3, for example, this would not be a topic.
You cant tell me otherwise

actually, their former video assistant got in contact with the senator this past week, He can not leak info to the press w/o breeching a confidentialityagreement. but he can however breach that agreement for an investigation, so that is why the evidence is coming out only now.

For Belichek's and Goodell's sakes, he better not have any damning info. because Goodell will be forced to give out an unprecedented punishment, (maybeforced termination or suspension)

He has set the bar pretty high as far as "lying" to the commissioners office with the PacMan and Mike Vick Rulings.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

actually, their former video assistant got in contact with the senator this past week, He can not leak info to the press w/o breeching a confidentiality agreement. but he can however breach that agreement for an investigation, so that is why the evidence is coming out only now.

For Belichek's and Goodell's sakes, he better not have any damning info. because Goodell will be forced to give out an unprecedented punishment, (maybe forced termination or suspension)

He has set the bar pretty high as far as "lying" to the commissioners office with the PacMan and Mike Vick Rulings.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

If true, this is a serious problem for the Patriots and the NFL. This is far bigger than steroids in other sports. It's bigger than Mike Vick.

If there is evidence that this is true, and Walsh comes out with some damning evidence in front of Congress, the NFL needs to act quickly and harshly. Theycan't let this linger around.

And here is something from EMB:
Check this out. I can't take the credit, somebody found this on ESPN and posted this on another board. This annoys the hell out of me, and it might have the same effect on you.

Arlen Specter sent this letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Nov 15 about the Eagles-Pats game, particularly the Super Bowl:
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0201/nfl_spectorltr.pdf
Goodell didn't reply until only this week, because he supposedly didn't receive Specter's letter before now. Whatever:
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0201/nfl_goodellltr.pdf

What gets me is, Goodell's letter says their investigation disclosed nothing related to the Pats stealing Eagles' signals during the SB, and adds that "the two teams played only one game against each other in the current decade, a preseason game in the summer of 2003."

That statement is at best getting the details incorrect, and is at worst distorting what happened I think.

First, even if they played each other only once between 2000 and 2007, the fact is that the Eagles and Pats played each other only one year before they met in the Super Bowl. So he seems to be softpedaling how recently they'd played...

Second, and even more galling to me, is that Goodell says that the Pats only had one opportunity to tape our signals, and that it was during a preseason game. That's not true
2002 preseason schedule: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/schedu...02&season=1
2003 preseason schedule: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/schedu...03&season=1
2003 regular season schedule: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/schedu...03&season=2
2004 preseason schedule: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/schedu...04&season=1

Again, how the heck could Goodell be that far off the mark to a US Senator?

These senators are basically big fans of sports in general. Some wait in lines to get autographs and what not,
senators just order them to come to DC. There has to be more important things than frickin' spygate.

If one more person calls the Pats cheaters in this thread, I will throw them into a giant meat grinder.

If true I wonder if Commish Goodell can impose a sanction of "ineligible for the playoffs" consequence. If college teams can be put on probation andthe twolves can lose 5 first round picks, why not?

Back
Top Bottom