Source: Patriots taped Rams before the Super Bowl

This would definitely be a far worse scandal than the 1919 Black Sox. Back then a few players cheated for the World Series for one season; in this case itlooks as if the Patriots not only cheated for one Championship but THREE. If all the allegations we're hearing is true we need to see some bans, Idon't think suspensions would cut it.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/080202&sportCat=nfl

Everybody should read that.

Some of you need to give it a rest. Throwing around "salty" and "hater" in every sentence whenever this gets brought up makes you look like a child. I'm sorry, but if the Patriots taped the Rams walkthrough, they deserve a very harsh penalty. The game taping was already the harshest penalty ever handed out; and that wasn't that big of a deal. If they were taping back in 2002, I'm sure they didn't stop and then in 2006 say, "hey, let's start taping again." They may have built their entire dynasty by major cheating.

If it comes out that more teams have done similar things, the NFL is in major trouble. Goodell is an %%@#+#%.

Goodell went on to say several times that attempting to steal sideline signals during games is common in football and, although not encouraged, is viewed as an occupational hazard in the sport. Goodell also asserted the Patriots' questionable activities did not alter the outcome of any game.

Goodell's remarks were puzzling in several respects. First, if the Patriots were guilty only of occasional sideline taping, this would seem to merit a letter of reprimand. So why were the Patriots hit with the harshest fine in NFL history? When the scandal first broke, Goodell used extremely strong language about New England's sins. Now, he was implying the whole thing was no big deal.
I think we will see a far more adverse reaction to this (if true) than steroids in baseball.

Get to the stadium early enough you can watch the walk through sometimes. You can actually go to a LOT of open door practices, they are making a big dealout of nothing. People "scout" all the time. The Patriots weren't the only ones doing it, that's whats funny.

The Patriots weren't the only ones doing it, that's whats funny.
But they're the ones that have gotten caught. They're the ones that have outside sources ready to come out and say they've got proofit's been going on for years.

If they cheated, and it's proven, they absolutely deserve to have the hammer brought down on them. It's going to be really interesting to see wherethis goes in the next couple of weeks/months. If Matt Walsh can provide some legitimate ground for the claims he's made, this thing will really heat up...Just out of curiosity, obviously he can't say much to the public because of his non-disclosure agreement, but if he is subpoenaed but Congress to testify,that non-disclosure doesn't apply, correct? That may be where this has to go before anything serious comes out... But will it get that far?

Goodell can't give out the penalty he did earlier in the year, and then try to sweep this under the rug now that people are saying it's been going onsince at least 2002. He's got a fairly serious issue on his hands at this point, and it's funny to see him back-tracking and changing his tune, sayinghow none of this had an effect on the outcome of any games.
smh.gif
That's not what you said during the beginning of this season, Roger.

But they're the ones that have gotten caught.
AND they're the ones who are winning a lot lately... if some losing team got caught, people wouldn't care so much because obviouslyit's not helping them all that much.. But when the best team in the league the last 6 years has these sort of allegations, it definitely sets off an alarm,and it should.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Patriots released a statement saying any suggestion of this "spygate 2" stuff is "absolutely false". I know thats not good enough for people to believe....but unlike spygate 1, they're openly denying these allegations. As far as a source, I say it on a sports ticker while watching the Bruins game last night at a bar. So I am waiting for ESPN or the Globe or something to come out with it.

Now think for a minute. Why would they deny this one? Because it would RUIN their franchise.

Get to the stadium early enough you can watch the walk through sometimes. You can actually go to a LOT of open door practices, they are making a big deal out of nothing. People "scout" all the time. The Patriots weren't the only ones doing it, that's whats funny.

first of all, no you can't just come early and watch a team walkthrough before the Super Bowl. you need security clearance, which the Pats cameraman wasnot checked for when he entered the facility. actually, teams don't always even walkthrough at the stadium. they do it at their practice facility or anearby university.

second, the walkthrough before the Super Bowl is not an "open door practice". again, nobody is supposed to be in there unless they have a legitreason, and DEFINITELY no film crews.

third, "The Patriots weren't the only ones doing it" classic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If the Pats are guilty, what kind of implication do you think this had on the outcome of ballgames?

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that if ex-Patriots employee Matt Walsh is in possession of the Rams' walkthrough video from Super Bowl XXXVI, coach Bill Belichick will be suspended for one season.

Apparently commissioner Roger Goodell informed Belichick, upon fining him $500,000 and stripping the Patriots of a first-round pick, that a second strike would cost him an entire year. That means Belichick's last game before 2009 could be Super Bowl XLII. Interestingly, the Giants held their walkthrough Saturday, as regularly scheduled. The Pats did not hold a walkthrough.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that if ex-Patriots employee Matt Walsh is in possession of the Rams' walkthrough video from Super Bowl XXXVI, coach Bill Belichick will be suspended for one season.

Apparently commissioner Roger Goodell informed Belichick, upon fining him $500,000 and stripping the Patriots of a first-round pick, that a second strike would cost him an entire year. That means Belichick's last game before 2009 could be Super Bowl XLII. Interestingly, the Giants held their walkthrough Saturday, as regularly scheduled. The Pats did not hold a walkthrough.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Wow, this is BIG.
If these tapes come out, you guys think the NFL will Fab 5 em'?

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

coach Bill Belichick will be suspended for one season.

only? will Tim Donaghy ref an NBA game again? no, regardless of whether he gets hit by the fed charges or not. so give me one good reason why that man should be allowed to coach in the NFL again.

and i hope during that one-year suspension, he cannot come within a 10-mile radius of the Patriots facilities, and they monitor his phones to make sure he has no contact with anyone in the Patriots organization.

Exactly. A year would not be enough. It's not the same circumstances anymore. This mother @%+%#* was cheating to win Super Bowls.

Upon further review, Belichick may really be banned by the league for this.
I mean come on, it's not like Belichick is going to cheat on Super Bowl vs. the Rams, and then not cheat again until week 1 vs. the Jets.
There is no telling what he did, how games were effected.
It's sad really.
It's going to be VERY interesting to see how the Commish acts on this situation.
I could see a Fab-5 type penalty handed out

only? will Tim Donaghy ref an NBA game again? no, regardless of whether he gets hit by the fed charges or not. so give me one good reason why that man should be allowed to coach in the NFL again.

and i hope during that one-year suspension, he cannot come within a 10-mile radius of the Patriots facilities, and they monitor his phones to make sure he has no contact with anyone in the Patriots organization.

Exactly. A year would not be enough. It's not the same circumstances anymore. This mother @%+%#* was cheating to win Super Bowls.

LOL @ you only sayin that !%#% to try and justify the eagles trophy case looking like this
emptycaseop1.jpg

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

LOL @ you only sayin that !%#% to try and justify the eagles trophy case looking like this
emptycaseop1.jpg

Hardly. The NFL should just have no SB winner for those years.

Patriots released a statement saying any suggestion of this "spygate 2" stuff is "absolutely false". I know thats not good enough for people to believe....but unlike spygate 1, they're openly denying these allegations.

But fam...they have no other choice but to deny the allegations. This could potentially screw this franchise for an innumerable number of years and would @*+!on the NFL...like others said, it has the potential to be the biggest scandal in sports history (because it happened in the Super Bowl, the biggest sportsevent of each year). So while the Patriots denying the allegations from the get-go is the right move (if they're innocent)...it's doesn't meananything until the facts have come out.

Like I keep saying, time will only tell...so all these historians on NT that claim to know everything that's happened in the league and what the Pats havedone need to wait until the story develops a little further.

One thing I'm wondering though is let's say IF this all proves to be for nothing and this guy is just a "salty ex-worker" who is bringing upthese allegations now because of the attention it will receive and IF the Rams thing ends up being false...what will you all say? The sad thing is some of youhave your minds convinced NOW, disregarding what will come of this, and even if the Pats are proved to be innocent...it won't be good enough. This is theexact thing some of you have been waiting for since Week 1, so now that it has come...you're ready to drop down the hammer. Some of you will turn intoconspiracy theorists and claim the NFL helped the Pats clear their name up.
smh.gif

The only reason I'm saying all of this is because IF the allegations are false...I want to be able to bring these exact same words back at the people whowill undoubtedly say all these things...just to prove y'all are foolish.

On another note...if Belichick indeed did all of this...I agree a one year suspension isn't enough. He should be banned from the league, no questionsasked. No possibility of returning.

Patriots released a statement saying any suggestion of this "spygate 2" stuff is "absolutely false". I know thats not good enough for people to believe....but unlike spygate 1, they're openly denying these allegations.

But fam...they have no other choice but to deny the allegations. This could potentially screw this franchise for an innumerable number of years and would %*#+on the NFL...like others said, it has the potential to be the biggest scandal in sports history (because it happened in the Super Bowl, the biggest sportsevent of each year). So while the Patriots denying the allegations from the get-go is the right move (if they're innocent)...it doesn't mean anythinguntil the facts have come out.

Like I keep saying, time will only tell...so all these historians on NT that claim to know everything that's happened in the league and what the Pats havedone need to wait until the story develops a little further.

One thing I'm wondering though is let's say IF this all proves to be for nothing and this guy is just a "salty ex-worker" who is bringing upthese allegations now because of the attention it will receive and IF the Rams thing ends up being false...what will you all say? The sad thing is some of youhave your minds convinced NOW, disregarding what will come of this, and even if the Pats are proved to be innocent...it won't be good enough. This is theexact thing some of you have been waiting for since Week 1, so now that it has come...you're ready to drop down the hammer. Some of you will turn intoconspiracy theorists and claim the NFL helped the Pats clear their name up.
smh.gif

The only reason I'm saying all of this is because IF the allegations are false...I want to be able to bring these exact same words back at the people whowill undoubtedly say all these things...just to prove y'all are foolish.

On another note...if Belichick indeed did all of this...I agree a one year suspension isn't enough. He should be banned from the league, no questionsasked. No possibility of returning.

DaT SiCk KiD wrote:

But fam...they have no other choice but to deny the allegations. This could potentially screw this franchise for an innumerable number of years and would @*+! on the NFL...like others said, it has the potential to be the biggest scandal in sports history (because it happened in the Super Bowl, the biggest sports event of each year). So while the Patriots denying the allegations from the get-go is the right move (if they're innocent)...it's doesn't mean anything until the facts have come out.

Like I keep saying, time will only tell...so all these historians on NT that claim to know everything that's happened in the league and what the Pats have done need to wait until the story develops a little further.

One thing I'm wondering though is let's say IF this all proves to be for nothing and this guy is just a "salty ex-worker" who is bringing up these allegations now because of the attention it will receive and IF the Rams thing ends up being false...what will you all say? The sad thing is some of you have your minds convinced NOW, disregarding what will come of this, and even if the Pats are proved to be innocent...it won't be good enough. This is the exact thing some of you have been waiting for since Week 1, so now that it has come...you're ready to drop down the hammer. Some of you will turn into conspiracy theorists and claim the NFL helped the Pats clear their name up.
smh.gif

The only reason I'm saying all of this is because IF the allegations are false...I want to be able to bring these exact same words back at the people who will undoubtedly say all these things...just to prove y'all are foolish.

On another note...if Belichick indeed did all of this...I agree a one year suspension isn't enough. He should be banned from the league, no questions asked. No possibility of returning.

oh i know...im just saying. and yeah if this is all true...smh at bill. its embarrassing to have all this stuff come up and know that we broke the rules. ipray its not true.

IF this is true Bill deserves to be banned from the league forever and the Patriots should lose multiple draft picks.

OF course, that's an IF. Because of the earlier spygate thing, I'm very skeptical that the Pats are telling the truth about this one-but I'll waitfor the story to develop.

tainted from the beginning but still seem as a lengendary team. deep down they know what theyve done and who they are. thats all that matters. let that guiltget to them when there 80 years old

Originally Posted by rockme11

19- 0 come tomorrow night. read it now haters. spygate,floodgate who **$%%*@ cares. nothing you can do about it.
g.o.a.t. belichek. brady,2007 new england patriots. more fuel for the fire and the pats will roll baby. lets see all the proof besides the 7 minutes of the jets game gartrelle your opinion sucks. how bout those apples?

Please go drown yourself in Boston harbor.
chester ill tell ya if they lose i just may do that. if it was summertime it would be easier to jump in.
wink.gif
RIP.
frown.gif

regardless Bellichek deserves respect for being a good coach, the man has a mind for in game adjustment

19- 0 come tomorrow night. read it now haters. spygate,floodgate who **$%%*@ cares. nothing you can do about it.
g.o.a.t. belichek. brady,2007 new england patriots. more fuel for the fire and the pats will roll baby. lets see all the proof besides the 7 minutes of the jets game gartrelle your opinion sucks. how bout those apples?

chester ill tell ya if they lose i just may do that. if it was summertime it would be easier to jump in.
wink.gif
RIP.
frown.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

To all patriots fans tho, don't worry I'm sure NYers can relate very closely, from the '07 Mets not making playoffs, to the yankees these past 8years esp '04
mad.gif
mad.gif
, to the no hope teams like the Jets and Knicks.

wink.gif
RIP.
frown.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom