Space Jam XI '09 Yellowing

You know what's funny. I have a pair of DS Reebok Answer V's, the white with icey sole and they're about 10 years old and have not yellowed at all. Soles are still icey as when I first bought them from Eastbay back in highschool.

Yet even if you try your hardest to keep Jordans from yellowing, they still yellow after a few months.

There are clear/icey soles that don't yellow, JB and Nike just don't use them.

You know what's funny. I have a pair of DS Reebok Answer V's, the white with icey sole and they're about 10 years old and have not yellowed at all. Soles are still icey as when I first bought them from Eastbay back in highschool.

Yet even if you try your hardest to keep Jordans from yellowing, they still yellow after a few months.

There are clear/icey soles that don't yellow, JB and Nike just don't use them.

so many shoes are coming out with clear soles now....Sea Glow must be flying off the shelves

so many shoes are coming out with clear soles now....Sea Glow must be flying off the shelves

I refuse to seaglow my sneakers, if they yellow that's just too bad, aint like im going to show off my soles.

I refuse to seaglow my sneakers, if they yellow that's just too bad, aint like im going to show off my soles.

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

Originally Posted by ruger04

Mine won't be turning yellow anytime soon.

aa735d76e8d472364ac7f402a8db7843ee805eb.pjpg

b3925fae2e76542afb1a14244793c162857cf16.pjpg
8ba25bdee470041ff3aab2068154bc02a264582.pjpg
because it will turn green
laugh.gif

My man I hate to tell u this but these look very fictitious cause the 09 sj didnt have blue tinted soles it was clear and eventhough the shape of the 09 was a lil banana like they nowhere was near that curve like yours are.

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

Mine won't be turning yellow anytime soon.

aa735d76e8d472364ac7f402a8db7843ee805eb.pjpg

b3925fae2e76542afb1a14244793c162857cf16.pjpg
8ba25bdee470041ff3aab2068154bc02a264582.pjpg
because it will turn green
laugh.gif

My man I hate to tell u this but these look very fictitious cause the 09 sj didnt have blue tinted soles it was clear and eventhough the shape of the 09 was a lil banana like they nowhere was near that curve like yours are.

The shape of the retro is what it is, that's JB for ya.  Plus thats what happens to the shoes when you wear them, the shape changes.  So get over it.  The purpose of my post is to show a way to avoid / slow down  the process of soles turning yellow.  I didn't just want to sea glow them to death, but adding the dye gave new life to these shoes.  Forunately, I can afford to customize my shoes, since these are not my only pair.  I figured if they are ruined, no biggy, I still have 2 other pair DS on reserve.  And no these are not fakes, I don't endorse fake shoes.

This was my first attempt to dye the sole, since I saw a thread on customizing the anniv XIs.  Like so many, I just can't stand looking at yellow soles.

@RIPPAFLOW- OG SJ with blue soles, still think the sole is too blue?
f092514e20790407fafaeaf52919c9df656ed49.bmp

The shape of the retro is what it is, that's JB for ya.  Plus thats what happens to the shoes when you wear them, the shape changes.  So get over it.  The purpose of my post is to show a way to avoid / slow down  the process of soles turning yellow.  I didn't just want to sea glow them to death, but adding the dye gave new life to these shoes.  Forunately, I can afford to customize my shoes, since these are not my only pair.  I figured if they are ruined, no biggy, I still have 2 other pair DS on reserve.  And no these are not fakes, I don't endorse fake shoes.

This was my first attempt to dye the sole, since I saw a thread on customizing the anniv XIs.  Like so many, I just can't stand looking at yellow soles.

I don't get what's going on in that picture... are those MJ's legs? Why do those SJ look so fake?

I don't get what's going on in that picture... are those MJ's legs? Why do those SJ look so fake?

Back
Top Bottom