Speak Out At Work - Will I Get Fired?

yo fambs, if anyone been followin the jobless thread y'all would know i got a job about three months ago.  lovin the job but...   i'm in IT.  right now i'm doin that tier 1 even though i have the experience and knowledge for a supervisor position or at the very least an l2 position.  anyway.  my supervisor never works fridays.  like, never.  she'll send out an email like, 'see y'all monday' and never comes in even though that's like her JOB to be there every day.  there are awful guys workin L1 positions everywhere.  they don't even fill out the information that's needed on every interaction.  it'd be like the mcdonalds guy not puttin in, 'cheeseburger with fries'.  i feel like the door is open to go to the big manager, show the numbers i've been puttin up, show the dedication (I've worked three weeks in a row puttin in 16 hours every monday back filling for other people) and let him know how i feel.  

Is this a no no?  if I do this, am i puttin the crosshairs on my back?!  I just have no idea what it's like working in an office, i've always telecommuted up until now.  but to me, having supervisors just not come in when they want, go on 2 hour lunches when they want and having the lowest tier guys just not even do their jobs is foreign to me.  if i 'blow the whistle' am i the bad guy?

I'd steer clear OP. If they're doing it it's because they can. They're really cool with their superiors.
How long has your manager been working there? Maybe they have ultimate superiority? Also 3 weeks isn't that long even if you've been busting your *** isn't there like a 3 month probationary period?

oh my bad.  naw i've been there since july but just the past three weeks have i had the opportunity to really be puttin in the work ie: 16 hour days 

she's been there a little over a year.  NOBODY on the desk respects her, but it's common knowledge she's hustlin with her mouth.  

Last edited:
What's the big bosses relationship with ur supervisor? If they're letting her take every Friday off it must be good. It's all about who you know at work. Those that bust their balls are recognized, but half of the time don't get the promotion over the butt kisser or the friend.

Your 3 months in, don't do it just yet. Cuz you'll likely be terminated.

oh my bad.  naw i've been there since july but just the past three weeks have i had the opportunity to really be puttin in the work ie: 16 hour days 

she's been there a little over a year.  NOBODY on the desk respects her, spbut it's common knowledge she's hustlin with her mouth.  

Well if that's the case you have two options. Either speak out, or get a spot in line. :pimp:

Keep your head down and cover your ***. When the sh-- hits the fan you'll be straight. You haven't been there long enough to know all the office politics. Your boss might be skipping work with her boss and if you tell then what?

What's the big bosses relationship with ur supervisor? If they're letting her take every Friday off it must be good. It's all about who you know at work. Those that bust their balls are recognized, but half of the time don't get the promotion over the butt kisser or the friend.

Your 3 months in, don't do it just yet. Cuz you'll likely be terminated.
yea 
mean.gif
 i mean you right, you right.  i'll just get fired if i say something.  i was just kinda hoping maybe somebody did this themselves or something.  it's just not what i'm used to.  i got into a bit of an argument with her.  she thinks that our approval process for people not employed by our company to get access to our wifi network is stupid, as if we should just let any schlub access our network.  when i attempted to argue, she says, 'well mcdonald's has wifi, and they don't need an approval process,'.....keep in mind i work for a very big company with very secure needs.  the simliarities between my company and mcdonalds begin and end at the people who go to mcdonalds on their lunch break to get some food.  she's inept, and to top it off she can't even come into work on time or on any sort of regular schedule.  especially for a supervisor.

I'd steer clear OP. If they're doing it it's because they can. They're really cool with their superiors.
How long has your manager been working there? Maybe they have ultimate superiority? Also 3 weeks isn't that long even if you've been busting your *** isn't there like a 3 month probationary period?

Why don't you just do your job? It seems like you mentioned a lot of irrelevant stuff in my opinion. Yea, there are slackers everywhere. You can go around and police slackers if you want. Good luck.

If u have the opportunity to talk to upper management, u should let them know u would like a lil more responsibility on ur shoulders... Tell them how hard uve been workin, and how familiar u are with everything.... But NEVER, I repeat never use anyone's name or even refer to anyone if asked. The main boss could be getting dome from ur supervisor every Friday...

You only been there 3 months. Wait and bid your time. They might have tenure then you look like a fool. Wait for the right moment

Keep your head down and cover your ***. When the sh-- hits the fan you'll be straight. You haven't been there long enough to know all the office politics. Your boss might be skipping work with her boss and if you tell then what?

Snitches get

Fired.

You only been there 3 months. Wait and bid your time. They might have tenure then you look like a fool. Wait for the right moment

Last edited:
A number of posts above me hit the nail on the head. You're still new, so anything you say especially in the form of a complaint will have people looking at you sideways, your superiors included. It sounds silly, but you haven't put in enough time to complain. Continue to work hard as you claim to be doing and just do you. Someone above her pay grade is clearly giving her the ok to work four days a week and get paid for a fifth. I would advise you to avoid getting involved in office politics. It will end up with a L for you.

Back
Top Bottom