Spider-Man back with MARVEL!!!

It's about damn time. What will happen to the sinister 6 movie? Judging by the article it seems like they are going in a different direction then what they had planned. 

******* yes!!!!

cant wait to see spidey in the third avengers film :pimp:

Marvel will finally do it right. all though i kinda liked the andrew garfield versions. last one was wack tho

The first possible appearance he'll make is in Civil War, according to this:

• Kevin Feige (Marvel) and Amy Pascal (Sony) will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web-slinger.

• The new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe. - The first appearance will most likely be "Civil War" releasing on May 6, 2016

• Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017.

• Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

• Marvel and Sony Pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the MCU into future Spider-Man films.

"Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films."

Nothing to see here guys

"Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films."

Nothing to see here guys

ew. thought they were going to do it under the current marvel studios.

wonder which big name star they cast..

quick tho, doesnt this mean that any movie that involves spidey and the other marvel characters, that the movie would have to be shot under sony studios? which means they'll have the final say..if thats the thing then sony finessed marvel

Last edited:
Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Despite Sony having say in the final creative control, Feige probably has a lot of say in the direction of things as they have to connect two worlds now so there is hope. Just can't imagine Feige and Marvel agreeing to this unless they actually have some control or say or else this relationship will go sour real quick.

Last edited:
Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Despite Sony having say in the final creative control, Feige probably has a lot of say in the direction of things as they have to connect two worlds now so there is hope. Just can't imagine Feige and Marvel agreeing to this unless they actually have some control or say or else this relationship will go sour real quick.
I don't think Sony cares about creative control. They just need the money

Correct. Read through the fine lines:

1.) Sony = "I need money. Please halp"

2.) Feige/Marvel = "We want control, but we'll let you pretend you have final say."

As I outlined in the other thread; This sucks. :smh:

1. It was better septate.

Marvel already has a ton of characters in the avengers, and not having access to spider man, ff and X-men forced them to be creative.

2. Minority character will absolutely get the shaft.

Black Panther and Captain Marvel are almost certain to see reductions in prominence and screen time in net avengers films. This type of massive deal doesn't come together to have spider man be a tertiary character. The characters and least known actors will get screen time cut, movies pushed back, or worst case ccancelled.

3. Spidey is traditionally kind of unofficially separate in the comics.

Spiderman not a traditional avengers member always sort of existed in more of a bubble than the other characters, same with the xmen/

4. I'm tired of Spiderman.

There has been 5 spiderman films already, I'm reayd for some new stories/voices on film.

^I agree with you except we dont know who is playing CM yet. If someone like Charlize Theron or Emily Blunt plays her she is not stepping back for spidey just like Cumberbatch wont step back either

But other than that I agree completely. You can tell just by all the dates that they rearranged that Marvel has a lot of scrambling to do.

Some valid points in here, but I feel like spidey back with marvel and the MCU will be nothing but FLAMES storyline wise

60s-spiderman-meme-my-body-is-ready.jpg

I am glad to see Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios working together. Spider-Man should never have left the Marvel Studios in the first place. And X-Men as well. I would like to know why did Marvel Studios sell the character Spider-Man to Sony Pictures? And X-Men to Fox Entertainment . I can understand why Sony and Fox wanted to make Marvel films. They should have "rented" the right to characters from Marvel Studios or make some business alliance. Anyway, I hope Fox joins Sony and Marvel Studios. Characters from the X-Men series played important roles in the Civil War.

Last edited:
They need to get the rights to X-Men and make a New Avengers movie for reals...

Back
Top Bottom