Spinoff Thread: Real Talk..... who's better T.I. or Weezy

Technically, Wayne is the better rapper. But I def prefer TI. Still not a fan of Tha Carter III. And as much as I like the first Carter, it does get repetitive after a while. As for TI, dude is one of the most consistent artist in the game, by far. The only one I can recall not being a big fan of is 'TI vs TIP'. And 'Trap Muzik' is still one of my all time favorite albums.

I've heard Wayne circa "The Block Is Hot", to what many consider some of his best material on his mixtapes (I had a friend who couldn't stop listening to it 2 years ago or so), to Tha Carter 3, and he has never, and I repeat, never, struck me as anything more than a decent rapper. When he started to get way out there with his randomness and metaphors was when many people hopped on his bandwagon, but he's nothing special.

T.I., on the other hand, sounded like a regular dime-a-dozen southern rapper when I first heard "Rubberband Man", and everything else he did from around that time. I kept listening to his stuff, and I was never that blown away by his rapping all the way up to King, when What You Know came out. His beats always seemed to eclipse him, and that wasn't an exception at all. Then I heard stuff from Paper Trail and was pretty surprised. Even on his more corny-#%# songs like Live Your Life, he had stepped his rapping up five-fold. It was almost like a different guy compared to several years prior.

So, to sum it up, T.I is wayyy more impressive to me than Wayne has ever been.

Wayne is that dude no doubt...

...but King Clifford makes music for grown %$% men.

I ain't never had a bad day and put on a Wayne song to look out the window and contemplate *%%%...

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

I ain't never had a bad day and put on a Wayne song to look out the window and contemplate *%%%...
....Word to Prayin' For Help.

And I adore Wayne (no !%*%)....

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

....Word to Prayin' For Help.

And I adore Wayne (no !%*%)....
roll.gif

Wayne has songs for every situation....he has like a million $$!%*!# tracks...come on now.

Back
Top Bottom