(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

Didn't know he published something recently. Will look it up and see what it's about.

Naw. The show is contracted for 6 sesons currently, as Benioff and Weiss are only under contract through seasons 5 and 6 but there's no way they make the show without them and the target is 8 seasons. Not 7 (since they stretched book 3 into 2 seasons.) The target end date is 2018 whether or not the books are done, but they hope they will be.

And there's been rumors swirling for a while on the net of some brainstorming/meetings over a prequel season -- there's no way HBO and the writers haven't brainstormed on how it'd be possible -- but nothing official.

Naw

From producer frank doegler's rolling stone interview

"[The number of series] is being discussed as we speak. The third season was the first half of book three, season four will be the second part of book three. . . George R.R. Martin has written books four and five; six and seven are pending," Doelger told Radio Times at the BAFTA Awards last weekend. "I would hope that, if we all survive and if the audience stays with us, we'll probably get through to seven seasons."

Another article

Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss tell EW that seven is probably the magic number.
“It feels like this is the midpoint for us,” Benioff says. “If we’re going to go seven seasons, which is the plan, season 4 is right down the middle, the pivot point.”
The seven season goal-line has been floated in the media before, but the writer-producers of the acclaimed fantasy hit series says they’re firmer than before that three more seasons sounds about right.

GRRM has no control over game of thrones... Either he gets with the program or they move on without him

Last edited:
The original target was 8 seasons according to an older interview with D&D, but in this newer interview they changed their minds to 7. I mean I guess they could actually kill book 4 and 5 in season 5 because jack **** happens in those books. They would just need to cut out a bunch of the iron islands and dorne stuff from book 4. This leaves seasons 6 and 7 to cover the last two books :x

I dont think theres anyway Winds of Winter comes out before season 6 goes into production so its gonna be a mess....maybe if GRRM sends them some crappy unedited version of the book for them to adapt.

Last edited:
Yeah the interviews I read said 7 seasons was the goal. 7 is an important number in the series so it made sense. 7 kingdoms, 7 faces of god, 7 books.

Last edited:
It's gonna be a sad day when the show overtakes the book. I mean, i'll probably still watch but it'll just feel so wrong :frown:

^
They'll figure out a solution. If that problem does occur i'll stop watching the show. It'd be almost impossible to avoid spoilers though.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

speaking of Brienne.... wuss good with Cat Stark?

Last edited:
Didn't know he published something recently. Will look it up and see what it's about.
the most recent novella is awesome, answers a lot of theory questions also. check it out. some websites have a free download on it, my facebook groups have them for free download.

Naw
From producer frank doegler's rolling stone interview
Another article
GRRM has no control over game of thrones... Either he gets with the program or they move on without him

as we sort of discussed before, they dont know exactly everything that will happen Deail for detail, so the books will still be a great read and the way the season has already went with a lot of things. I can see it being completely different.

I dont think theres anyway Winds of Winter comes out before season 6 goes into production so its gonna be a mess....maybe if GRRM sends them some crappy unedited version of the book for them to adapt.
There is also a good chance they can just end it...
(hate to sound like a book snob)
but forcing people to have to get the 7th book and read it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
speaking of Brienne.... wuss good with Cat Stark?

if you haven't read the books are you sure you really want to be spoiled to that?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

working thru 2nd book now but ive burned thru the wikis multiple times, so i already know what happens.

i'm just curious about the timelines... seems like #she would have shown up already. although, that'd be a dope reveal for season 5. especially if books 4/5 are as weak at people say.... gotta have a few extra rounds in the clip.

that's why i think it wont be shown this season.. i mean show watchers are going to still enjoy the next season or two without having to go through the pain the book readers did. , but us book know and will still see how he changes things.

Haven't looked at it since last year. Amused that people still use lj. I had one in high school and college.

What new characters would we be introduced to next season?

I'm thinking the Sand Snakes, Dorian, and the rest of the Greyjoys. Speaking of which.... WHY IS BALON GREYJOY STILL ALIVE?!

Hdkekeheiehdhhdjdjdjdjkejdbdjdjdjdjdkdjdjjdkdndjdjndjdjdjdkdjdjdkjdhdjdkdkdndjjdjdhdjdkdjdjdjdkdkdkdndkkdkdkdjdndjndjdbdhndndkdmdmdkdkjdjdjdbdbdnndnrjjdbdbdjdjdjddkkdkdkdkdldlldldkdkdkdldlldldldldjjdjdklrlrldldldldldl

Yeah I've been waiting all season for him to die. They need to get to it. Or they might save it for next season to give Asha more of a story.

I'm thinking the Sand Snakes, Dorian, and the rest of the Greyjoys. Speaking of which.... WHY IS BALON GREYJOY STILL ALIVE?!
Hdkekeheiehdhhdjdjdjdjkejdbdjdjdjdjdkdjdjjdkdndjdjndjdjdjdkdjdjdkjdhdjdkdkdndjjdjdhdjdkdjdjdjdkdkdkdndkkdkdkdjdndjndjdbdhndndkdmdmdkdkjdjdjdbdbdnndnrjjdbdbdjdjdjddkkdkdkdkdldlldldkdkdkdldlldldldldjjdjdklrlrldldldldldl
Yeah I've been waiting all season for him to die. They need to get to it. Or they might save it for next season to give Asha more of a story.

yea all that will probably be with in the first episode next season.

first and 2nd ep all about the greyjoys and sand snakes. throw in some Tyrion and Arya for fans sake. a litle jon for the ladies.

Ghshhsbsnsklsksbznnsjksksbsbbdkksksnnndnsjsjjshsbsbbskskskabbshhjnbsbsbbshsjhsbsb

What's on everyone's wish list for the finale?

-I personally want to see Stannis at the Wall (this seems for sure it will happen)
-intro to Bloodraven (seems like it will also happen)
-Tywin paying his debt and Shae too (likely to happen and extra hope if he really #2s gold)
-LS is where it gets iffy
-the Hound dying?
-Idk what else is left for Dany, from the preview you see the rest of her dragons. Maybe Drogon will kill the shepard's kid and Drogon is nowhere to be found so the other two get locked up

Ghshhsbsnsklsksbznnsjksksbsbbdkksksnnndnsjsjjshsbsbbskskskabbshhjnbsbsbbshsjhsbsb

-I personally want to see Stannis at the Wall (this seems for sure it will happen)
-Tywin paying his debt and Shae too (likely to happen and extra hope if he really #2s gold)
-the Hound dying?
-Idk what else is left for Dany, from the preview you see the rest of her dragons. Maybe Drogon will kill the shepard's kid and Drogon is nowhere to be found so the other two get locked up
dafhjksadfhdklajfkafj;kdljas
dfasklfja
dfkalfj

All of this, except LS, to show watchers i dont really see her being super important to them. especially since we only had like one scene with her in the book, may as well keep a good amount of time in the premier of next season showing her how she got to be lady stone heart and the interaction between the men with no banners and brienne. all that..

If they do it this finale ep along with the mountains of other stuff they gotta do i feel like they wont do that powerful scene justice.

hdlkdknsddvjiosdgjiopsjgodsjgoisdjgilsdkvjsdoijsdovjiosbgvsidgjsidojgiosdvnisdnvsdbnsohjdsoigjsdognsdiovnsdovbnsdobhsdobnvdsonvdalksnvdsoivniods

i feel like all it would take to introduce LS is a previously on flashback to the red wedding, and one of thoros reviving beric

then just start the episode in semi montage of her floating down the river and time passing until the BwB find her.

I posted a link a page or two back. Short list for now, with more additions later.

hdlkdknsddvjiosdgjiopsjgodsjgoisdjgilsdkvjsdoijsdovjiosbgvsidgjsidojgiosdvnisdnvsdbnsohjdsoigjsdognsdiovnsdovbnsdobhsdobnvdsonvdalksnvdsoivniods

i feel like all it would take to introduce LS is a previously on flashback to the red wedding, and one of thoros reviving beric

then just start the episode in semi montage of her floating down the river and time passing until the BwB find her.
That would suck for show watchers but may propel them to read the books with anticipation

sdjglkdsjfglk;ajdfklgjasl;kfjsdklf

I forgot all about Balon :lol: I'm really hoping they nail the Victarion and Euron casting.

^
The captain? I hate that dude. I want to kill him then get up in Mrs. Barlow's sweet yambs.

-the Hound dying?
dafhjksadfhdklajfkafj;kdljas
dfasklfja
dfkalfj

All of this, except LS, to show watchers i dont really see her being super important to them. especially since we only had like one scene with her in the book, may as well keep a good amount of time in the premier of next season showing her how she got to be lady stone heart and the interaction between the men with no banners and brienne. all that..

If they do it this finale ep along with the mountains of other stuff they gotta do i feel like they wont do that powerful scene justice.
All they have to do is show that she's revived. We know we're getting Brienne in the finale so all they'd have to do is cap Brienne being hung with Lady Stoneheart stepping into the shot.

-the Hound dying?

"..........................................................................................................................

I think the episode ends on LS.. On the them reviving her.. And literally the last shot is her coming back to life

I don't think they kill the hound yet, save that for the very start of next season.. With the below I don't think they want THAT many deaths in the season finale (or apparent deaths in the hound's case)

Tywin and shae get what's coming to them.. This and Jaime talking with tyrion will take up a good chunk of the episode

I think they introduce coldhands in the bran portion

And maybe have Stannis arrive at the wall, but I don't think they got into too much depth with that.. I think they literally show him arriving there

Back
Top Bottom