(Spoilers) ASOIAF Books Discussion (All Books Read Edition) (Spoilers)

gyfutkyjtkfhtg,trjmrfmhgmgrndmfjenmffjyruygydrtgyufdtgthtsuergfgert3erwwhrtj

Anyone else kind of disappointed in them cutting out Jaimes confession about Tysha to Tyrion? In the books it felt like that was what really pushed him over the edge enough to take out Tywin. Just felt a little off that one of his main motivators became Shae instead.
I didn't like that they they cut it out. didnt like it at all.

Sooooooo I'm guessing we're not getting LS just like Coldhands?

If she's cut out then where does Brienne's storyline lead to? In the books last I remember she's leading Jamie to LS.

naw next season well get stoneheart... it doesnt make sense to cut her out completely. shes too important. coldhands not so much. at least not this early.

I don't understand why not have Tyrion and Jaime discuss the truth about Tysha. It's like he randomly decided to kill Tywin for no reason. The discussion of Tysha was Tyrion's impulsive trigger that caused him to confront Tywin which led him to kill Shae and ultimately Tywin.

Overall the finale was a let down for me. They hyped it up saying it was their "finest hour" and even submitting it for an Emmy for writing (going up against Breaking Bad btw, in your dreams show runners). Only great scenes were Melisandre literally seeing Jon Snow in the flames and the Hound and Brienne. Everything else was standard.

Bloodraven had two eyes and did not look 125 years old. I don't get what was the point of the "thousand and one eyes" line if he still has two.

I feel like anything that they cut from the show is ultimately pointless to the storyline in the books. I could be wrong, but with Martin's strong connection to the show, it kinda makes sense

^ Nope. That article above, Martin said they cut the Tysha storyline because theres more to be revealed about it in the books and he didnt want the show to spoil it.  So it's safe to say that he's protecting the books from spoilers/wasted material too.

^ Nope. That article above, Martin said they cut the Tysha storyline because theres more to be revealed about it in the books and he didnt want the show to spoil it.  So it's safe to say that he's protecting the books from spoilers/wasted material too.

I'm going to need a quote because I read the interview this morning and don't recall that.

Oh well. Having to cut stuff out will make it easier for them to wrap the large number of storylines they have already when the show ends.

I'm going to need a quote because I read the interview this morning and don't recall that.
I guess the part about them leaving stuff was about Shae not Tysha. My b.

Right, and there’s also the surprise at Tywin’s hypocrisy when he finds her in his bed. Did Tywin know she was a prostitute [in the book version that's not clear]? Or did he just not care?
Oh, I think Tywin knew about Shae. He probably figured out she was the same camp-follower that he expressly said “you will not bring that ***** to court,” and that Tyrion defied him again and did bring that ***** to court. As to precisely what happened here, that’s something I don’t really want to talk about because there’s still aspects of it I haven’t revealed that will be revealed in later books. But the role of Varys in all of this is also something to be considered.

It would make sense for the convo with jamie and tyrion in the show if grrm f2f oesnt want tysha stuff to be revealed. Theres a few theories running around the girl tyrion is running around with now could be his daughter. And some other theories about tysha being one of the women arya has encountered.

Jojen dying now isnt that much of a story foreteller hes always practically been on his death bed.
This almost helps the jojen paste theory also
But I digress. Once again im pretty close to separating the book and show completely anyway.

Im very intersted in what they'll do with varys or how much the producer's know about varys future. Since we havent heard from him since book 3 anyway.
And grrm saying how impressed he was with those 3 actors (littlefinger, varys, asha (wildling with rickon)
That he was going to write up a little more for them.
(Hence a lot more scenes for those two in season 3 and 4) (also probably why they revealed LF and olena being the people behind jofferys death on the show).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I guess the part about them leaving stuff was about Shae not Tysha. My b.

so is the ex-wife just not going to be addressed on the show? what else could there be to reveal about Shae? maybe Varys used Shae to dupe Tyrion and Twyin as part of grande Little Finger scheme. #watchTheThrone

.......................................................................................................................................................
.sdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddd

There is no story with Tysha right now though in the book. she was a daughter or someone who got turned out.....period.

what's tofight for.

I totally agree with the Michelle Fairley statement and that's what i've been telling people since the season began, and everyone was spouting off about how it should happen and all that.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/16/game-of-thrones-why-no-lady-stoneheart/
interview with directors

Graves continued: “They [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] have such a challenge adapting the books into a really focused television experience. It’s very hard, it’s very complicated, it’s much harder then they’ve been given credit for, I think — and they do a brilliant job. But to bring back Michelle Fairley, one of the greatest actresses around, to be a zombie for a little while — and just kill people? It is really sort of, what are we doing with that? How does it play into the whole story in a way that we’re really going to like? It just didn’t end up being a part of what was going to happen this season. And finally one [more] reason: In case you didn’t notice, a lot happens this season … To add that in is something they opted out of. But what’s funny is that it was never going to be in the season, yet it took off on the Internet like it was going to happen.

Im very intersted in what they'll do with varys or how much the producer's know about varys future. Since we havent heard from him since book 3 anyway.
And grrm saying how impressed he was with those 3 actors (littlefinger, varys, asha (wildling with rickon)
That he was going to write up a little more for them.
(Hence a lot more scenes for those two in season 3 and 4) (also probably why they revealed LF and olena being the people behind jofferys death on the show).

Exexrctrcryvygbunihniumoimomiunubyvtdcrexewxewzewxrsctdctfvtybugnihnimuoumimuynubtyrvtecesxesxrcdfb

Varys kills pycelle & kevin lannister to stir up chaos in the very last chapter of ADWD ... And confirms that he's an Aegon supporter

so does anyone think varys meets ilryio next season?

He already met him in book/season 1 in the dungeon of kings landing... I'm guessing they knew each other prior as well

.......................................................................................................................................................
.sdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
dddddddddddddddddddddddd

There is no story with Tysha right now though in the book. she was a daughter or someone who got turned out.....period.

what's tofight for.

I'm wondering that too. She hasn't really been discussed that much ever until last week. Now people thinking she had a daughter has them wanting her to be mentioned more on the show. Jaime confessing the truth about her was a nice reveal in the book but I don't care that it wasn't in the episode.

FfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Did dany lockaway the dragons forever or did she just put them away to control them

FfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Did dany lockaway the dragons forever or did she just put them away to control them
dfshdshdhjdhsdsdsgdhssdgsdghsgdhs

It's temporary, now go back to whining in the show thread.

Back
Top Bottom