SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
I really liked it. I knew it was going to be a reboot with a Marc Webb twist. And I didn't even mind the lack of a snout on the lizard.

And best of Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) literally wears skirts with knee high boots the entire movie
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Spoiler [+]
I'm completely stumped on the post credits scene. I like the Chameleon idea tough...

went to a midnight showing last night. it was great. the special effects, and fighting sequences were flawless. the story/love scenes were a little lame.

Watched the movie last night. Loved it. I thought the chemistry between Garfield and Stone was great, portraying the awkward teenage love affair well. Garfield alone was an awesome choice to play Peter. I really liked how Peter is more of an outcast/smartass in this rather than a straight up nerd.

The special effects and make-up on the Lizard was excellent. Couldn't stand the Green Goblin costume in the original. Peter Parker was intriguing, they didn't make him too nerdy. The skateboarding scenes were nice to see that athletic side of Peter. Good casting of Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben. He has the look as the first Ben. Emma Stone has different personalities which kept you interested in her. They didn't utilize the 3D technology to the fullest imo. It was a successful reboot.

the white boy's voice is so tacky. its like one of those voices behind some lame cartoon character.

peter parker is supposed to be a bit nerdy, but not super effemite like this foolio.

1. The Romance. In the comic its not like Gwen was on MJ status, she was always the attainable one for peter parker, so for those saying that blossomed to fast. I think they did it at the right pace in this movie, its not like it was hard for him to get her in the comics.

2. End Credits... thats a good thought... I forgot he knew about his parents, but did he knew he was spiderman????? That could work along with Fisk and the Spider Slayers for next movie (which would be awesome fight scene wise)

3. LMAO at snaggle tooth trailer park trash Dunst... but thats what makes her seem more attainable and she still wasn't ugly... I mean its the reason a lot of people like Trailer Park trash Brittany spears.. she still looks good enough that you think ...hey k fed had a chance. maybe i can impregnate her too!!!!

4. I really think a lot of people need to go back and watch SM1 and 2. and then compare... our memories can be distorted after 10 years... lol a lot has happened

ofcourse technology is different now. so please dont talk about special effects sucking and all that cuz 2002 that was awesome for the time.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

the white boy's voice is so tacky. its like one of those voices behind some lame cartoon character.

peter parker is supposed to be a bit nerdy, but not super effemite like this foolio.

indifferent.gif

Speculation as to who
Spoiler [+]
Dr. Connors was talking to after the credits. Anyone have an idea. Supposedly the actor with the raspy voice is Michael Massee.

i enjoyed it.. and i think i'm inclined to say that the post credit scene was the guy who was was referred to very often throughout the film

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Proshares

RFX:

Spoiler [+]
I thought Webb said there'd be hints/glimpses of the next villian during this movie? From that, I took that they knew where they'd be taking the sequel.

Spoiler [+]
If that is in fact true, then the only real clue is Norman Osborne. 

Other than that, Rhino might make an appearance since in the lab when Peter snuck for the tour when the hologram of different animals came up, there was a rhino figure on the bottom left.

i agree.. would put my thoughts, but cant figure out how to do a spoiler

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

4. I really think a lot of people need to go back and watch SM1 and 2. and then compare... our memories can be distorted after 10 years... lol a lot has happened

They actually showed SM1 a week or two ago. Hell their showing SM2 at TNT right now with SM3 following after. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Proshares

RFX:

Spoiler [+]
I thought Webb said there'd be hints/glimpses of the next villian during this movie? From that, I took that they knew where they'd be taking the sequel.

Spoiler [+]
If that is in fact true, then the only real clue is Norman Osborne. 

Other than that, Rhino might make an appearance since in the lab when Peter snuck for the tour when the hologram of different animals came up, there was a rhino figure on the bottom left.

i agree.. would put my thoughts, but cant figure out how to do a spoiler

xpwlxf.jpg

Went in with low expectations
The story seemed to weaken near the end and the acting was mediocre at times which is what I expected.
With that said I actually liked the movie, far more than I liked the avengers
sick.gif

It was a fun movie all through out and Emma Stone
devil.gif

As to the post credit scenes
Spoiler [+]
could it be carnage? A friend told me he was a serial killer in the comics which could explain the whole sharing a jail cell scene. Yea I know I'm probably reaching
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Went in with low expectations
The story seemed to weaken near the end and the acting was mediocre at times which is what I expected.
With that said I actually liked the movie, far more than I liked the avengers
sick.gif

It was a fun movie all through out and Emma Stone
devil.gif

As to the post credit scenes
Spoiler [+]
could it be carnage? A friend told me he was a serial killer in the comics which could explain the whole sharing a jail cell scene. Yea I know I'm probably reaching
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
It really can't be Carnage w/o a sign of Venom or the Symbiote and really it has to be involved or knows the Parkers and Kasady never really had much history with Peter. 

One thought that passed through is that it could be Baron Mordo, Dormammus minion and that could explain his disappearance in the darkness. In the cartoon, he also gave the Symbiote to Kasady to make him Carnage but really that enters a whole new realm and just seems far fetch. 

Back
Top Bottom