SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
RFX45, how about:

Kaine
Norman Osborn
The Chameleon
Mysterio
Demogoblin
Protogoblin

All these Osborn theories can't be right for the simple fact that would have to acknowledge that Osborne knows Peter is Spiderman. With this time line thats highly doubtful

Chameleon seems to be the best thought...but why would he had been in a suit? appearing in the cell?
Fisk makes sense

the person in the shadows had long hair, holding a hat (like, a fedora).

Any spiderman villain characters in the comics resemble that?

I just can't see them doing Venom and not using Eddie Brock. People will rage since Venom is pretty much like Deadpool, an anti-hero favorite and using Peters dad can be as bad as sewing Deapools mouth shut and making him Baraka.

I mean really, that makes sense and one of my guesses is that the guy in the shadows is his dad but I just can't see them making Venom anyone else other than Brock.

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

All these Osborn theories can't be right for the simple fact that would have to acknowledge that Osborne knows Peter is Spiderman. With this time line thats highly doubtful

Chameleon seems to be the best thought...but why would he had been in a suit? appearing in the cell?
Fisk makes sense

Dude was too old and skinny to be Fisk. 
Why does Osborne need to know Peter is Spiderman? Plus in a film where he pretty much gives his identity away to almost anyone, it really wouldn't be too far fetch. I mean he told Gwen, showed her dad (and yes he could have hidden himself since they showed him dodging bullets earlier) and it is even implied that Aunt May knows Peters secret as well. Connors knows and he could have told Osborne, Osborne could have seen surveillance of Peter sneaking in the Spiders room and the other guy working for Osborne who pushed Connors knew Peters existence and his relations with the company and Curt. 

Originally Posted by mfghilario

Watched the movie last night. Loved it. I thought the chemistry between Garfield and Stone was great, portraying the awkward teenage love affair well. Garfield alone was an awesome choice to play Peter. I really liked how Peter is more of an outcast/smartass in this rather than a straight up nerd.
That is because they are dating in real life.
Spoiler [+]
british-guy-american-girl-dating-andrew-garfield-emma-stone.jpg

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

the person in the shadows had long hair, holding a hat (like, a fedora).

Any spiderman villain characters in the comics resemble that?

I really have to watch the movie again but wasn't his father wearing a fedora when he left Peter? I mean the guy could just be speaking in 3rd person while acknowledging Peters parents?
Could be Adrian Toomes, did he not wear a fedora or bowler hat in the cartoon when he isn't the Vulture? Unless I am confusing him for someone else.

Has no one read the orgins of spiderman comic to answer this??? damnit..

first Garfield and Stone I'm hating hard...

and RFX why mention parker and he will know the truth. if it didn't indicate he knew spiderman and peter were one in the same

I've been rethinking the Sinister 6 theory for next movie and it can work... i mean who says they gotta keep it traditional (obviously every other Marvel movie has stirred off a bit)
and Chameleon although not a part of that. was in during that story line....

Plus Sandman, Electro, Rhino don't have deep histories. they were street thugs to be enhanced basically.   DOc Ock we have his story ...Vulture hes a disgruntled old man. and Kraven wouldnt be hard to fit in by giving him a quick interlude in a jungle and wanting a better chase.. that should take all but 15 mins.. all these movies these days are 2+ hours so it can work ...

they can take out some put some in Mysterio also just a salty person wanting attention

and RFX why mention parker and he will know the truth. if it didn't indicate he knew spiderman and peter were one in the same

The "truth" might just mean what what happened to his parents. The guy did ask Connors if he told Peter about his father and what happened to them. It maybe implied that he knows Peter is Spidey it wasn't very clear. Just like the identity of the person in the shadow, it is left vague to leave room for better storytelling in the sequel? The more vague it is, the easier it is to stretch the story or connection to the sequel. 
Also, to answer what? Who the guy in the shadow is? Again, it was left too vague. With the interwebs this days, if it is someone that was meant to be identified, we would know by now. I mean the movie has been out for a week in Asia and they've known about that mid-credit scene.

Skinny and old? Silvermane?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Gonna watch the movie this week.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Silvermane! That's the guy I was thinking of that Spidey rescued in the cartoon. 

C'mon, y'all comic book heads gotta do your detective work & find out who that was.
laugh.gif

I thought it was carnage after the credits but after reading what people said in this thread, I doubt it is. However, movie was on point. They filmed the basketball scene and football scene at my old high school 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Silvermane! That's the guy I was thinking of that Spidey rescued in the cartoon. 
Yeah I remember him more from the cartoon than the comics. Didn't use him a whole lot and I think he's dead now.

As far as the sequel I do think it'd be cool if they went at it from the angle of the street level villains and their bosses. Introducing a Kingpin, Silvermane, Tombstone, Hammerhead, Maggia and that could open the door for other super powered thugs like the Shocker and Rhino. I think they'd be good secondary villains that are working for an Osborne or someone else.

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

as long as they cast a super sexy Silver Fox
Wait what?

laugh.gif

If they do the Kingpin thing... Lift it straight from Ultimate Spider-Man. Just lift the whole Mob thing from Ultimate Spider Man

i thought the movie was just ok...

not many people at the first show where i live...

It was okay. Kinda dragged at times in the beginning but overall okay. Def worth reg movie ticket and ahhh who's that mystery guy ?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Acting was superb, Garfield was still difficult to be taken as a nerd just by his looks but his acting chops far exceeds Tobeys. His awkward mannerisms were also pretty good.
I dunno, he looks like the typical nerd to me.  Looks like all the dorky guys I knew in high school and college.
I thought the movie was good, the beginning dragged on a little bit.

I thought it was weird towards the end of the movie that a leg wound would affect him so much.

The scene at the end credits sucked.  People in the theatre were yelling out it was stupid 
laugh.gif

I feel like the mystery character has to be Norman Osborne. He referenced what happened between
him, Connors, and Peter's dad. He's already dying and is looking for a cure and they still have a formula, not the exact same but they could just tweak it to the strength/intelligence GG formula.
 Plus him knowing Peter's secret isn't a stretch because he was unmasked, told Gwen, and revealed himself
to the kid. Didn't GG know who Spiderman was for a bit before he forgot due to psychosis or  amnesia?

How he got in and out of the cell I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom