SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
200w.gif

Just got around to seeing this. It was entertaining, but ultimately very shallow and I'm not sure I like this version of Peter. He seems too... normal. There's no real conflict or anything with the character that makes him Spider-man. Honestly, I'd say the movie kinda white washes everything.

-Peter goes to this science and tech school that has extremely wealthy kids attending and he lives in a small apartment with May, yet that's never an issue he deals with. There's no inadequacies felt from him to the other students. Everybody treats him the same. In reality it would be an issue and such issues build your character. There's no friction

- Peters reasons for being Spider-Man aren't born out of responsibility and obligation. He's doing it essentially because he's an avengers groupie and wants to impress stark. It's all "light" compared to the heaviness that's normally given to his reasons for being a hero

-he gets the girl fairly easily
-Everything is peachy with May. It's an ideal living situation. Ben's dead, eh it's still all good. She's hip.
- he's seemingly not poor anymore
- instead of maybe going deeper into analyzing the character of the Vulture after he lost the construction contract and how it truly affects his life and descent into crime, nah he's just a bad guy now. Spider-Man good, Vulture bad. Also let's absolve Tony of any fault. He made the "villain" but that's okay because he's rich and a super hero

The cast wasn't really used well at all. I mean Zendaya nonany of the other students reallybdonanything. His pudgey best friend only serves as mild comic relief and a way to explain to the audience various things that are happening

Happy... yeah useless

Tony actually had some endearing moments but it wasn't fleshed out early enough.

And Peter, well as somebody on another board stated perfectly, Peter is just Ferris Bueller with super powers. He's a little bit of a self centered a hole who learns something, kinda towards the end. But he makes quips so it's all ok

Also I'm not sure how I feel about the suit. On one hand I like it but on the other, it's too uniform. It shares the same uniformity with cap or any of the avengers. The raimi suit just feels unique

Just got around to seeing this. It was entertaining, but ultimately very shallow and I'm not sure I like this version of Peter. He seems too... normal. There's no real conflict or anything with the character that makes him Spider-man. Honestly, I'd say the movie kinda white washes everything.

-Peter goes to this science and tech school that has extremely wealthy kids attending and he lives in a small apartment with May, yet that's never an issue he deals with. There's no inadequacies felt from him to the other students. Everybody treats him the same. In reality it would be an issue and such issues build your character. There's no friction

- Peters reasons for being Spider-Man aren't born out of responsibility and obligation. He's doing it essentially because he's an avengers groupie and wants to impress stark. It's all "light" compared to the heaviness that's normally given to his reasons for being a hero

-he gets the girl fairly easily
-Everything is peachy with May. It's an ideal living situation. Ben's dead, eh it's still all good. She's hip.
- he's seemingly not poor anymore
- instead of maybe going deeper into analyzing the character of the Vulture after he lost the construction contract and how it truly affects his life and descent into crime, nah he's just a bad guy now. Spider-Man good, Vulture bad. Also let's absolve Tony of any fault. He made the "villain" but that's okay because he's rich and a super hero

The cast wasn't really used well at all. I mean Zendaya nonany of the other students reallybdonanything. His pudgey best friend only serves as mild comic relief and a way to explain to the audience various things that are happening

Happy... yeah useless

Tony actually had some endearing moments but it wasn't fleshed out early enough.

And Peter, well as somebody on another board stated perfectly, Peter is just Ferris Bueller with super powers. He's a little bit of a self centered a hole who learns something, kinda towards the end. But he makes quips so it's all ok

Also I'm not sure how I feel about the suit. On one hand I like it but on the other, it's too uniform. It shares the same uniformity with cap or any of the avengers. The raimi suit just feels unique

Not sure if you watched the same movie fam. Peter went to Midtown which seemed like a wealthier school. Look at Flash's Audi, Look at Liz/Vulture's crib....then you got Peter using a cracked cell phone for a good portion of the film. The apartment that he was living in specifically in Queens was far from the cheap side but making him much less fortunate in this film wouldn't have the same impact when he's in constant communication with a billionaire.

Peter's original motivation for being Spider-Man wasn't covered in this film but it was covered briefly in Civil War and we all know why Peter is Spider-Man. He didn't start being a hero after he came back in Civil War. There was a reason Tony found him and it's because he was doing things out in the city. There's a dead uncle involved in that. Peter SHOULD get the girl easily. Raimi is the only one that wanted to show Peter as unsuccessful with women when Peter has always been attracting women left and right. May is younger in this interpretation. She should be able to connect to Peter better. It adds gravity to May's character instead of an old oblivious lady who's used as a plot device. Now she knows Peter's identity as well so expect for an extremely interesting and what I believe to be an at odds relationship. His friends around him were so realistic and if you think about them being in a world where Ultron tries to use a piece of a country as a meteor it makes it that much more impressive in my opinion. Peter was the most endearing part of the film just for the simple fact that he's so optimistic and you know that there's a whole bunch of **** in store for him in the future. Just the way he navigated through this situation should make you curious as to how he's about to handle everything that's about to come his way in the following years. And the suit?! It's literally amazing in my opinion. The emoting eyes, the web wings. A Homecoming of sorts...

He seems too normal? I don't think you understand Peter Parker.
Actually o don't think you do. Peter is not a normal guy and his life is hardly normal. He's almost selfless to a fault and his life constantly punches him in the face about his power and responsibility to said power.

Homecoming fell off a cliff the second weekend. I wasn't expecting that.
I saw it in 3D on Saturday and it was standing room only. Actually it was sold out for the second night in a row. Friday night was a wash because I had no desire to wait an hour for the next showing. Saturday night same thing, but 3D was showing 30 mins after so I decided to that instead of waiting over an hour for standard.

TAS series is my Spider-Man as well. I read the comics and have a ton as well.

Like I said, when he was in high school it was mostly just detailing with him and the villains that were made pretty corny at the time and his aunt dying every issue.

I enjoyed this a lot. It was from a different aspect and not the same old tale. Which was unnecessary, especially since it's been rebooted already.

Just the story as a kid coming of age being in high school it was good, funny and well written.

So he did all that complaining about being the real deal only to turn it down at the end.

Ferry scene was real solid. Final fight was garbage, yeah we all knew he was gonna push the cement off him but wow how corny after looking at the reflection in the water. Was a decent "twist" that Liz's dad was the bad guy.

I havent liked any spiderman movie since Toby McGuire

So he did all that complaining about being the real deal only to turn it down at the end.

Ferry scene was real solid. Final fight was garbage, yeah we all knew he was gonna push the cement off him but wow how corny after looking at the reflection in the water. Was a decent "twist" that Liz's dad was the bad guy.

I havent liked any spiderman movie since Toby McGuire

:stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom