SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
At best,
Jay-Z-so-so.gif

But I'm still not really sold and don't know if I wanna waste my time on this. Last major "Superhero" movie I missed in theaters was Ghost Rider 2 and that trailer looked better than this:lol:

Hardy's voice is pretty weird... he sounds like a baby. And hopefully they improve Venom's voice as well.. I really don't want another Tom Hardy movie where I struggle to understand him.

I actially don't mind the kitchy Venom sayings, if I remember correctly, he says lines like that in the comics and cartoons.

have you guys heard of venoms new origin?

with this in context, it kind of makes sense to not have that spidey logo... a little...

Yeah, it's a pretty cool origin story. Have yet to read the latest issue, but the writer is doing a good job.

Side note, the writer Donny Cates, is actually doing a signing this Saturday at the local comic shop this Saturday. Maybe I'll ask him his thoughts about the movie lol.

Scale of Tom Hardy vs. Venom is really bad - looks like Tom's in a damn mecha or exoskeleton. Looked even worse when the trailer showed Tom fighting Riz. :smh:

CGI looked kinda meh. I assumed that Sony was just throwing a bunch of **** at the wall after Superfly, but this confirms it.

Who wrote this ****. Got Tom Hardy sounding like Tobey Maguire.:lol::smh:

his size is perfectly fine and that scene is one of the best part of the trailer

Let's agree to disagree my bro. They didn't need to cast a 6'9" actor as Venom in order to get the right scale but you got some 5'7" cat being scaled to damn near 10' which looks silly as hell.

his size has always been exaggerated in the comics though

this actually makes more sense than a 6foot + wolverine in hugh jackman or when hardy played bane and Bats towered over him

in this one it's the symbiote that makes him bigger and just makes him much bigger and muscular

this is one instance where it actually kind of make sense
857035-uber_venom.jpg

thunderbolts_119__nyeh____by_summerset.jpg

and that final scene straight up reminds me of even though it's not carnage:

Back
Top Bottom