SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
6BDC8CB6-522F-4BF9-9081-3EAB6698DD20.jpeg

CCCDEE56-8CB2-4601-8257-ECC2CEC908B7.gif

Kids? Those 'kids' were putting hands on Spiderman & Venom in both Maximum Carnage and Separation Anxiety. Both games were super hard AF.

I dunno what the heck the game developers were thinking by make the street punks so damn tough. :smh:

:lol:

movie is officially rated PG13

an unrated version is a possibility

there's an end credit scene

Read The New VENOM Prequel Comic And A Breakdown Of Everything It Reveals About The Movie - SPOILERS

Sony has released a new "prequel" comic book for Venom and while it doesn't exactly take place before the movie takes place, it does reveal plenty of major surprises about the upcoming PG-13 release...
Venom1.jpg
Venom1.jpg

Earlier today, we told you that Sony is releasing a prequel comic for Venom and, well, it's not actually a prequel as such! Instead, it features a couple of different scenes from the movie as Eddie Brock learns more about the Life Foundation and is then introduced to the Symbiote - and its powers - for the first time. The kicker here is that there are actually some big reveals about the movie's story included.

For starters, it's now clear to see that Venom is heavily inspired by the Planet of the Symbiotes, while the dynamic between Eddie and his alien visitor is a lot different to what we all probably expected.

What you see here might not be enough to convert you on the movie but it might restore some faith in the Spider-Man-less, non-R-Rated Marvel Comics adventure. To check out this breakdown of the comic book and to read it for yourselves, all you guys have to is click on the "View List" button below.

mDZQ4TU9_o.jpg

We saw this scene in the trailer and the comic confirms that Jenny Slate is playing a newly created character called Dora Skirth. As you can see, she's turned on the Life Foundation and Carlton Drake.

puKjAlyU_o.jpg

Well, this is a rather random jump forward in time! By this point, Eddie Brock has already bonded with the Symbiote and is clearly struggling to come to terms with the unexpected guest in his body.

5YeGoQcJ_o.jpg

This sequence gives us a much better idea of how Eddie and Venom will interact and it appears as if the Symbiote has quite a different personality to the somewhat shy and surprisingly cowardly journalist.

A6oqZI4F_o.jpg

Venom can take full control of Eddie whether he likes it or not and it's made clear here that the Symbiote enjoys biting heads off...and neatly arranging them almost immediately after? Okay, then.

enqIW4UQ_o.jpg

There are two interesting reveals here; first of all, the Symbiote is being referred to as a "Bug" and secondly, it's confirmed that if Eddie is shot and killed, Venom will then eject itself from his body.

e4Ojqfp9_o.jpg

Well, hot damn. Say what you will about Venom not including Spider-Man but it appears to be embracing the source material in a big way as it's revealed here that the Symbiotes hail from Klyntar.

Sv0w0cIe_o.jpg

Another way the movie is embracing the source material is the fact that Venom is vulnerable to fire. Some fans queried whether or not that would be the case after seeing the last trailer for the movie.

upC9Ciwc_o.jpg

Venom is clearly a badass and while Eddie Brock comes across as something of a wimp, you have to hope that will change as the movie progresses and we get something closer to the comic books.

GBosdQdF_o.jpg

Just as we saw in the trailer, the Symbiote appears to be capable of healing Eddie's wounds and this Life Foundation thug is clearly going to regret chasing these two down as is evident from the final page.

uR43rr60_o.jpg

And this brings us to that infamous "pancreas" line in the comics. I know this is random but take a look at Venom's feet; they're more like claws as opposed to what we often see in the source material.

jOmyxuzQ_o.jpg

It would be interesting if Spidey was in the end credit scene. Just curious how it'll fit in within the MCU timeline.

Toms probably in it and if it's a Spidey cameo, maybe that's where the symbiote sees the logo and copies it...

or Brock meets Peter and he drops one of his early sketches of his costumes and takes it for his own

we don't even know if this is current time, it could be before Peter meets Stark

Read The New VENOM Prequel Comic And A Breakdown Of Everything It Reveals About The Movie - SPOILERS

Sony has released a new "prequel" comic book for Venom and while it doesn't exactly take place before the movie takes place, it does reveal plenty of major surprises about the upcoming PG-13 release...
Venom1.jpg
Venom1.jpg

Earlier today, we told you that Sony is releasing a prequel comic for Venom and, well, it's not actually a prequel as such! Instead, it features a couple of different scenes from the movie as Eddie Brock learns more about the Life Foundation and is then introduced to the Symbiote - and its powers - for the first time. The kicker here is that there are actually some big reveals about the movie's story included.

For starters, it's now clear to see that Venom is heavily inspired by the Planet of the Symbiotes, while the dynamic between Eddie and his alien visitor is a lot different to what we all probably expected.

What you see here might not be enough to convert you on the movie but it might restore some faith in the Spider-Man-less, non-R-Rated Marvel Comics adventure. To check out this breakdown of the comic book and to read it for yourselves, all you guys have to is click on the "View List" button below.

mDZQ4TU9_o.jpg

We saw this scene in the trailer and the comic confirms that Jenny Slate is playing a newly created character called Dora Skirth. As you can see, she's turned on the Life Foundation and Carlton Drake.

puKjAlyU_o.jpg

Well, this is a rather random jump forward in time! By this point, Eddie Brock has already bonded with the Symbiote and is clearly struggling to come to terms with the unexpected guest in his body.

5YeGoQcJ_o.jpg

This sequence gives us a much better idea of how Eddie and Venom will interact and it appears as if the Symbiote has quite a different personality to the somewhat shy and surprisingly cowardly journalist.

A6oqZI4F_o.jpg

Venom can take full control of Eddie whether he likes it or not and it's made clear here that the Symbiote enjoys biting heads off...and neatly arranging them almost immediately after? Okay, then.

enqIW4UQ_o.jpg

There are two interesting reveals here; first of all, the Symbiote is being referred to as a "Bug" and secondly, it's confirmed that if Eddie is shot and killed, Venom will then eject itself from his body.

e4Ojqfp9_o.jpg

Well, hot damn. Say what you will about Venom not including Spider-Man but it appears to be embracing the source material in a big way as it's revealed here that the Symbiotes hail from Klyntar.

Sv0w0cIe_o.jpg

Another way the movie is embracing the source material is the fact that Venom is vulnerable to fire. Some fans queried whether or not that would be the case after seeing the last trailer for the movie.

upC9Ciwc_o.jpg

Venom is clearly a badass and while Eddie Brock comes across as something of a wimp, you have to hope that will change as the movie progresses and we get something closer to the comic books.

GBosdQdF_o.jpg

Just as we saw in the trailer, the Symbiote appears to be capable of healing Eddie's wounds and this Life Foundation thug is clearly going to regret chasing these two down as is evident from the final page.

uR43rr60_o.jpg

And this brings us to that infamous "pancreas" line in the comics. I know this is random but take a look at Venom's feet; they're more like claws as opposed to what we often see in the source material.

jOmyxuzQ_o.jpg

Lol @ 'prequel'. It's literally the storyboard for the trailer. :smh:

F.Y.I.

Seems like the full plot for Venom leaked over on 4chan...Not confirmed obviously but it reads exactly like you’d expect a modern Sony super hero movie (I.E. from SM 3 to current) to be...Not going to spoil anything here but if it turns out to be true, then that just saved me some some cash...Tentatively passing on this turd...

Is the leak we're talking about like a paragraph long or is it more detailed?

The paragraph long one sounds very plausible.

Oh ok I just read that. I pretty much decided a month or so ago that I'm watching a cam version of this. No way I'm paying for this.

Haven’t seen the leak but I bet I could “spoil the plot” lol

Hmmm

Eddie is a news reporter
Finds something being covered up
Accidentally becomes venom
Hates it at first
Learns to like it
Some bad guy gets another suit
Bad guy is tasked to get venom back (or kill it) or Eddie makes a deal with venom to do some “good”.
CGI Fight
Some sort of part 2 tease
Roll credits

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom