SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Yeah it is hard to do that but what I'm getting at is Eddie Brock does not have much of a personality. Like he really wasn't worked on and developed. Just a sign of the times (90s) that the character was a victim of.

When ASM dropped Venom as an ongoing villain and the 90s were done with him as the Lethal Protector, Brock was barely around in comics and then naturally they stripped him of the symbiote and gave it to a bunch of other characters. When he came back he had cancer due to being a host, then he was hung up on killing all symbiotes on earth. The draw of Brock really is just that he's the OG Venom.

Writers and Hardy managed to do something with the character.

i think tom really just tried to have fun with it, he was also the voice of venom so he probably adlibbed some of that too and had a blast talking to himself

Blade and Morbius aren't really that connected. Especially since Morbius isn't a real vampire. There's some stories with the two in a group but not anything lengthy.

Besides Sony have no rights to Blade at all.

How so? I'm more than sure Harry read the script first given how involved he tends to be in the creative development.

Think he was sold a dream on what the Spider-verse would be but not on this movie being on the MCU level. Coming off working with Nolan I'm sure he knew what was up.

Well based on hardy's catalog and his penchant for picking really good roles....

He doesnt come across as a "legit" comic head a la' reynolds.....so I imagine the studio sent this script, pitched the "anti-hero" angle and the success of a similar cult favorite in deadpool and its success with the box office and more importantly the fans...

Not being a comic guy or not familiar with venom, the script, the pitch and the concept probably seemed great.

But see with Reynolds, he has a legit passion for the character/project and was the DRIVING force of getting DP depicted right, well because hes a legit fan as well...

Hardy didn't have this connection with the character so he was sold on the idea that venom has the potential to connect with fans like DP...WHICH is very possible JUST NOT WITH SONY.

Im not even sure he's aware of the handling of marvel properties at Sony and the **** show it really is from a fans perspective.....Reynolds was WELL AWARE of this and made sure DP did not follow the same ol pimping of marvel properties for a casual profit flip.

And just because he's signed to 3 movies doesnt mean he is obligated to act in them, he can leave the money on the table.....

and money is the last of his problems, im sure he cares about his resume more than this franchise......

Easily his worst reviewed project on his resume.....not sure why he would want to come back???

And cmon dawg, morbius the motha****in vampire and blade the mutha****in vampire slayer

I mean im not sure if you are old enough or were reading the paperbacks back then but there was a dope story arc (forget the title) where blade was tracking morbius and followed him to NY where he linked up with spidey to take him out, hell BLADE & MORBIUS were featured in the SM animated series together as well.....so.......i mean it would be perfect on screen..........and you talking about comic based arcs so...........its not like its a shot in the dark or a wildly abstract crossover...actually works great with the momentum marvel studios has rn.

Last edited:
Well based on hardies catalog and his penchant for picking really good roles....

He doesnt come across as a "legit" comic head a la' reynolds.....so I imagine the studio sent this script, pitched the "anti-hero" angle and the success of a similar cult favorite in deadpool and its success with the box office and more importantly the fans...

Not being a comic guy or not familiar with venom, the script, the pitch and the concept probably seemed great.

But see with Reynolds, he has a legit passion for the character/project and was the DRIVING force of getting DP depicted right, well because hes a legit fan as well...

Hardy didn't have this connection with the character so he was sold on the idea that venom has the potential to connect with fans like DP...WHICH is very possible JUST NOT WITH SONY.

Im not even sure he's aware of the handling of marvel properties at Sony and the **** show it really is from a fans perspective.....Reynolds was WELL AWARE of this and made sure DP did not follow the same ol pimping of marvel properties for a casual profit flip.

And just because he's signed to 3 movies doesnt mean he is obligated to act in them, he can leave the money on the table.....

and money is the last of his problems, im sure he cares about his resume more than this franchise......

Easily his worst reviewed project on his resume.....not sure why he would want to come back???

I believe ben affleck had a multi deal with DD as well, not sure but actors leave money on the table all the time.

And cmon dawg, morbius the motha****in vampire and blade the mutha****in vampire slayer

I mean im not sure if you are old enough or were reading the paperbacks back then but there was a dope story arc (forget the title) where blade was tracking morbius and followed him to NY where he linked up with spidey to take him out.....so.......i mean it would be perfect on screen..........and you talking about comic based arcs so...........its not like its a shot in the dark or a wildly abstract crossover...actually works great with the momentum marvel studios has rn.
First off, I'm not buying in to this unecessary comparison to Ryan Reynolds.

**** Ryan Reynolds. Dont give a flying **** about that in regard to this.

You're talking about Tom Hardy like he isn't always deeply involved with roles and movies he chooses. Like literally look at his resume and what's he's done with each.

Also :lol: @ he might not adhere to his contract. He's not obligated to act in it sure but then he risks being sued and having future business ****** up cuz of that. That wouldn't just be him leaving money on the table. That's not how it works.

Also you think Affleck had a multi deal for Daredevil? :lol: And what you think it was Affleck's decision to walk away? Man stop makng stuff up. Daredevil the movie sucked. The studio scrapped it and had no plans for a sequel. That was their decision. Not Affleck's. Especially in 2003.

As for the story you're talking about what's literally the one story most ppl know about that gets adapted. Blade hears about Morbius and checks him out hunts him down. There's really not a lot of depth to Morbius continuity especially as a solo. There's his origin which naturally they can do something with but there's no reason to throw Blade in to that. Especially when they're figuring exactly how to portray Morbius since he's not a hero.

Also Morbius is called the Living Vampire. There's a reason for that.

Dudes talking about Blade and Morbius like there's some untapped rich history between the two not being used :lol:

Regardless ain't **** gonna happen there cuz Sony has no rights to Blade. If they did they'd be making a Blade movie not Morbius :lol:

Last edited:
The wanting to see Blade and morbius together is probably from seeing that storyline play out on the fox spiderman cartoon.

a lot of viewers knowledge and nostalgia are based off the cartoons when it comes to this genre

i'll never forget the amount of people asking me when Reynolds GL came out why he isn't black because they mostly only know John Stewart from JL cartoon

always been into black super heros....

none of yall remember knight thrasher
367110._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

alot of us were actually reading comics and collecting cards before the cartoons ever came out

Back
Top Bottom