SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
41744674_357389151469110_1889164934803220106_n.jpg

if blade aint attached to morbius I aint interested

venom can make all the money it wants, dont see hardy coming back

I bet they sold him a dream with the script

definitely a black eye on his resume

Last edited:
if blade aint attached to morbius I aint intereste
Blade and Morbius aren't really that connected. Especially since Morbius isn't a real vampire. There's some stories with the two in a group but not anything lengthy.

Besides Sony have no rights to Blade at all.

How so? I'm more than sure Harry read the script first given how involved he tends to be in the creative development.

Think he was sold a dream on what the Spider-verse would be but not on this movie being on the MCU level. Coming off working with Nolan I'm sure he knew what was up.

Last edited:

he has a 3-film contract so he will be back for sure

and he chose this project for his kid because his son loves venom and he also enjoyed shooting it because he had the freedom to kind of ad-lib and do his thing

if blade aint attached to morbius I aint interested

If anything he saw the scrip minutes before shooting

Oh damn a 3 picture deal :lol:

Time to give up on Hardy being Wolverine or anybody else.

By Venom 3 who knows how things look.

I can also see the ad-libbing. The Eddie Brock he is in the movie is nothing like the comic version.

Blade II was real close to having Morbius but plans were scrapped ....

I remember that.

But it's not really based on much comic wise (granted those Blade movies were probably the best chance of forming the Midnight Sons) and that was when they might've had rights.

What is Eddie Brock like in the comics?
First he was a scumbag. Then full on villain. Then he tried to redeem himself. He's petty, got anger problems, and religious. He cuts corners, when desperate won't hesitate to break rules or part take in corrupt acts. With that said he did manage to get a woman to like and marry him but I don't think that's uncommon for a white guy. Then he got divorced.

As Venom he was wild sadistic but that got nerfed ever since Carnage showed up and Venom became a full on anti-hero Punished style. Similar to Castle, he has his own views of justice and the ends justifying the means.

In his 30-40 years of existence he still has little personality outside of that.

closer than you think...

149.jpg
Well that's Venom. I liked Venom in the movie. They got his voice right and sick sarcasm or twisted sense of what's right.

I'm solely talking about Eddie Brock. Hardy completely did his own thing in portraying him. From the way he talks, moves, etc.

They did get it right that he some times does not give a **** with the way he went after Drake after using Anne's work to expose him and got her fired.

Comic Eddie Brock would've took all of Anne's files on Drake and posted it online though :lol:

it's just hard to portray comic accurate eddie brock when there's no spidey and you are trying to make him a protagonist and be the center of a universe you're starting

i do think they advance his story or version of eddie, iirc this is more like the eddie brock when he was against carnage and he was more reasonable and became an anti-hero

just dumb to try and advertise as an anti-hero from the get-go

Back
Top Bottom