SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Then how is it losing credibility? All it does is tell you the percentage of positive vs negative reviews. If you don't care what critics in general think.. then ok.. but RT is still appreciated by many. I'm sure people can point to numerous examples of RT percentages for "bad" movies that are better than "good" movies we love.. but that's not proof of it losing credibility... it's just how critics view it.

Anyway, I'm tempted to see a matinee on Friday before I work at night.. but I might wait until Sunday when I have the full day off and see it with my brother.

Just got out of an advanced screening. Movie was TRASH. I would score it lower than the 61% rotten tomatoes gave it. One of the most boring, uncreative, cliche super hero movies I've seen in a long time. The average person will probably enjoy it but I found nothing to like. Script was extra cheesy, plot was laughable, electro was a joke, action was boring, drama was melodramatic and laughable, and overall it was just too typical of a super hero move, just going through the motions of exactly what you would expect from a super hero move. Garfield is horrible too. Toby Maguire series was way better. It felt like 3 hours and I was dying to for it to end. 

It's at 60%????
With the last one being around 70 and this at 60 I think a change in director has to be done.

Spider-man is a cash cow.. unless it bombs and it TRASHED by critics, I don't think they'll worry about a director change.

IMO they're going about it all wrong. I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to just overlook Spider-man's greatest foe Norman Osborn and go straight to Harry. They want to give us the sinister six right off the bat with all these villains at once. Instead they should give these villains proper introductions in their own movies against spider-man and ultimately teaming up to go against him. Seems like they're just rushing it and taking the easy way out by pumping all these villains through oscorp instead of giving them separate distinctive origins.

I don't agree with Arad. He sound like he scared to fail. Talking about it was almost the end of Spidey. He must be referring to the clone saga and conveniently ignoring the success of 2099 and ultimate's Miles.
Saw this movie early today. It's sight but the effects are on point

Don't ask how I saw.it
how u see it bruh that junk dont come out ti'll friday
It's been out for like 2 weeks overseas.
:lol: So is there an end credit scene? Mid credit scene? Or is it just the XMen marketing clip?
From what I saw just the X-Men marketing clip.

They kinda end the movie with Spidey and then do these epilogues sorta things but I may be forgetting and there were credits in-between that.
They're really tearing this film a new one. RT has it lower than SM3 and IM3 which is just BS to me, but I guess.

Because RT is losing credibility. They're becoming the IGN of movie reviews
Yall dudes should probably stop caring about online critic reviews anyway.

Last edited:
Regardless I don't take these online critics serious. Most don't know or don't care about the source material anyway.

Anywho, tonight at 10:15 in 3D while under the influence of Marijuana will be.... :nerd:

AMAZING :D

Regardless I don't take these online critics serious. Most don't know or don't care about the source material anyway.
Sometimes that's the best way to approach things. Simply asking is this a good movie? That's what movie critics do. Besides if they all knew source material there's a chance they'd be even more critical. ASM2 end up with a 0.0009% rating.

Last edited:
Just got out of an advanced screening. Movie was TRASH. I would score it lower than the 61% rotten tomatoes gave it. One of the most boring, uncreative, cliche super hero movies I've seen in a long time. The average person will probably enjoy it but I found nothing to like. Script was extra cheesy, plot was laughable, electro was a joke, action was boring, drama was melodramatic and laughable, and overall it was just too typical of a super hero move, just going through the motions of exactly what you would expect from a super hero move. Garfield is horrible too. Toby Maguire series was way better. It felt like 3 hours and I was dying to for it to end. 

Who is the average person?

IMO they're going about it all wrong. I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to just overlook Spider-man's greatest foe Norman Osborn and go straight to Harry. They want to give us the sinister six right off the bat with all these villains at once. Instead they should give these villains proper introductions in their own movies against spider-man and ultimately teaming up to go against him. Seems like they're just rushing it and taking the easy way out by pumping all these villains through oscorp instead of giving them separate distinctive origins.

We are getting another film before the sinister so we may see another villain or two, and many of the villains origins had ties to Oscorp in the Ultimate series.

Last edited:
Hate it or not but RT has been pretty much spot on with the %. The individual reviews I don't really care for but the whole usually is correct. Of course the % liked is arbitrary but when they say a movie sucks, it sucks

Hate it or not but RT has been pretty much spot on with the %. The individual reviews I don't really care for but the whole usually is correct. Of course the % liked is arbitrary but when they say a movie sucks, it sucks

Not really. General consensus for IM3 and SM3 is that they're horrible, yet they're high 70's on RT.

There's no way iron man 3 is better than this film :smh:

I'll have my own review of the movie a little after midnight

I agree with what Gentry said. Oscorp just pumping out villains when they should have their own origins.

Didn't read a damn thing on this thread as I wanna go in the theater at 7pm with a clear mind. Can't wait to discuss this later.

Back
Top Bottom