SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
The S6 lineup isn't confirmed at all

I know and everyone knows it's not confirmed at all that is why I wrote "possible Sin6 teaser?"

How do you figure Kraven for the 5th one?

Khal drogo as Kraven :pimp:

The shield with eyes resembles his chest, no? It looks like a lion or tribal shield?

attachment.php

So ready for this tomorrow, just got this Venom mask to wear and then it'll be mounted on the wall.

Saw this movie early today. It's sight but the effects are on point

Don't ask how I saw.it

:lol: So is there an end credit scene? Mid credit scene? Or is it just the XMen marketing clip?

I skipped to the end, mid credit was the xmen marketing clip. Had me shook for a second thinking a collaboration finally happened. Def gotta check it out in imax 3d though, to date it's the most impressive 3d trailer i've ever seen.

Interview: 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Producers Avi Arad & Matt Tolmach Talk Spin-Off Plans, Crossovers & More

Full interview at link but some spoilers might be in it:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...utm_medium=twitter&page=1#blogPostHeaderPanel

"No," Avi Arad replied when The Playlist asked whether they had considered expanding the Spider-Man franchise by releasing movies focusing on some of the other characters to have held the Spider-Man mantle like Miles Morales, Ben Reilly or Spider-Man 2099, Miguel O'Hara. "The one thing you cannot do, when you have a phenomena that has stood the test of time, you have to be true to the real character inside – who is Peter Parker? What are the biggest effects on his life? Then you can draw in time, and you can consider today's world in many ways. But to have multiple ones… I don't know if you remember, but Marvel tried it. And it was almost the end of Spider-Man."

The duo then went on to discuss how The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Sinister Six and Venom are "all going to converge in some way", with Arad adding: "Don't forget that Venom has Planet of the Symbiote. There's a lot of meat on this dark bone. And it all comes back to Spider-Man. So everything we are going to do, all the extensions, Spider-Man will always be there, the idea, even if he's off-screen, will be there." As for whether these plans could include a possible return for Rhys Ifans, Arad teased, "All I can tell you is that we've never had more of an opportunity, by establishing Oscorp as the station from which it's all coming. You can do a whole new vision of what the Lizard will look like next time." Oh, and talking of characters making a return, will we at least see Mary Jane Watson on the Blu-ray deleted scenes? "No," Tolmach confirmed. "Because it never made sense. It was never in a cut of the movie. It just didn't make sense."

On the plus side, Arad does at least have an inkling about how fans feel about his control over the Spider-Man franchise for Sony. "Go on Superhero Hype and you'll see 500 people who want me dead."

In a recent interview with CBR, Spider-Man franchise star Andrew Garfield spoke about possibly passing the torch to the Miles Morales Spider-Man - from Brian Michael Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man series - after triology-ender Amazing Spider-Man 3 wraps up.

"Miles Morales was a huge moment in this character’s comic book life," Garfield said. "And I do believe that we can do that. It’s something I’m really interested in figuring out; an eloquent way of coexisting, or passing on the torch. I don’t have an answer, but I think it’s actually a really important move. I think it’s a really beautiful and important move."

The Sinister Six Lineup Revealed?

Garfield then spoke a bit more about why he thinks world is definitely ready for a multi-racial Spider-Man (Morales is half black/half hispanic).

"I think one of the amazing things about Spider-Man is that you don’t see skin color when he’s in the suit," the actor added. "You don’t see any religious beliefs. You don’t see any denominations. Everyone can project themselves into that suit. It’s incredibly powerful in that way. So of course I think it’s important that the openness, the casting, in terms of who could be Spider-Man, could be absolutely anyone. A hero is a hero, whether you’re a man, woman, gay, lesbian, straight, black, white or red all over — it doesn’t matter."

As you probably remember, it was the Miles Morales character that got fans lobbying for Community star Donald Glover to play Spidey back in summer of 2010.

Just noticed this watching Raimi's Spider-Man 2.......

In the office scene when JJ and crew are trying to name Doc Oc, someone suggested Dr. Strange. JJ stated it was already taken. Does Sony have the rights to Dr. Strange too?

Nope! Marvel/Disney owns him. Back then there were probably no Dr. Strange film planned so it wasn't a big problem.

Plus in SM1 Aunt May tells Peter he isn't Superman so there are some things they can use/say to some degree. I think there is another Marvel film that makes a reference to Superman as well, I don't quite remember which at this point.

It gets really complicated though, like Marvel/Disney owns Spideys tv right so technically they can put him in Agents of Shield but it can't resemble the one version in Sonys films in any way. So hiring Tobey (or someone who even remotely looks like him or Garfield) is out of the question and if they put anyone in any sort of spandex that has a spider logo on the chest and back or those signature eyes or red/blue leotard or with similar powers (wallcrawling & web shooters) and Sony will have their lawyers up in Mickeys a** with quickness.

Last edited:
They're really tearing this film a new one. RT has it lower than SM3 and IM3 which is just BS to me, but I guess.

Back
Top Bottom