St. John's University Heads please check in! (new yorkers also welcome)

thizzbaby

Banned
sooooo... long story short:

I did really good on my act/sat test and go to a very respected school on the westcoast
st. john's hit me up asking me to apply, it would be free and id skip the essay portion of the app
i applied for the hell of it
i was accepted with a 16,000 annual scholarship
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

so, can you give me any ... experiences i guess? that you've had at the university? how is new york? is there things to do? coming from cali how do youthink ill adjust? what about the girls?
devil.gif

basicly any info on new york/the university you could provide is appreciated! thanks yoo!

p.s. also looking for a flight to go visit, if any NT fam wants to give me a tour i got 40 bucks cash on it
nerd.gif

i heard the education is poor there, don't know if it's true though tho

Originally Posted by ThizzBaby

I did really good on my act/sat test and go to a very respected school on the westcoast
st. john's hit me up asking me to apply, it would be free and id skip the essay portion of the app
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

so, can you give me any ... experiences i guess? that you've had at the university? how is new york? is there things to do? coming from cali how do you think ill adjust? what about the girls?
devil.gif

basicly any info on new york/the university you could provide is appreciated! thanks yoo!

p.s. also looking for a flight to go visit, if any NT fam wants to give me a tour i got 40 bucks cash on it
nerd.gif
And what school would that be?

Originally Posted by Stork

i heard the education is poor there, don't know if it's true though tho

que? i heard its a good university but not for the price
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by bkdan1

Originally Posted by ThizzBaby

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

so, can you give me any ... experiences i guess? that you've had at the university? how is new york? is there things to do? coming from cali how do you think ill adjust? what about the girls?
devil.gif

nerd.gif
And what school would that be?

Palos Verdes Peninsula High School

PVPHS has been designated within the state a California Distinguished School, and nationally a New American High School. It has ablue ribbon from the United States Department of Education.

Awards: • Ranked 89 by US News and World report out of (18,500) • Distinguished California School (four times) • National Blue Ribbon School (35 schoolsnamed of 18,500) • New American High School (one of ten named out of 18,500 schools) • Siemens Foundation Science Winner (one of four schools of over 27,000) •Newsweek recognition (#15 of 18,500 schools) • Wall Street Journal (top ten of 27,000 schools) - California Junior Classical League (several times)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palos_Verdes_Peninsula_High_Schoolhttp://en.wikipedia.org/w...des_Peninsula_High_School

The biddies are outstanding, well in st johns cath high school, idk about the college, the 7 is right there so i can go to the city after school and what not,but st francis > st johns in every category

Honestly, I'd look for other options. If you say you did well, then I would not advise St. Johns.

If you're not going for Pharmacy then I don't know what to tell you.

NYU > St. Johns

You should have applied there. I got in but couldn't afford it.

EDIT: Good thing you got that scholarship b/c St.Johns is notorious for being stingy with financial aid
sick.gif
. I know a ton of people who transferred out just because of that.

St. John's = DRY campus...if there are any "parties" they are always off-campus.

No one gives a damn about the school teams there (very little school spirit).

My ex goes to St. Johns and every time I go out to visit its crazy, theres this bar called traditions that's always good
no matter what night you go.... But just like any where it is what you make it, I don't have any complaints but then again I don't live there
set up a visit to the school over your spring break.

Originally Posted by eastnewyork80

The biddies are outstanding, well in st johns cath high school,

I dont know about that lol, I go to that school and its not much to look at

But yea like you said its a good university but the tuition is alot. You are getting a decent amount of tuition
So yea i say go for it.

Originally Posted by RellNye

And Harvard > St. John's. Way to go out on a limb genius.

St. John's can be what you make it. You can complain about classes that you never really attend, you can complain the school doesn't make an effort toimprove the scene on campus. Or you can see there are some talented professors also looking to prove themselves and a growing campus with lots of opportunityif you really look for it. St. John's took a chance on me and i'm thankful everyday for it. If you want a big city education with the same networkingopportunities available at name colleges, then St. John's might be worth a deeper look.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

And Harvard > St. John's. Way to go out on a limb genius.

St. John's can be what you make it. You can complain about classes that you never really attend, you can complain the school doesn't make an effort to improve the scene on campus. Or you can see there are some talented professors also looking to prove themselves and a growing campus with lots of opportunity if you really look for it. St. John's took a chance on me and i'm thankful everyday for it. If you want a big city education with the same networking opportunities available at name colleges, then St. John's might be worth a deeper look.

Shut up. I was making the point that if you are going to apply to St. Johns you might as well apply to the elite schools of the city moron.

St Johns is the best school in the city behind Columbia and NYU of course. In terms of providing the real college environment with a matching education and arecognized school nationally, it definitely is something to talk about. You can talk about the lack of school spirit, lack of social life, but I believe theschool provides just the right amount. The SJU Basketball team will always be something to look out for, yea the last couple of years we have not been up therebut its slowly but surely making a turn around. The party scene I must admit is really about who you know, dont expect to come to school and get into parties,be social and you will definitely know where the party is at. I wish SJU gave me 16k I only got 8k plus financial aid, and Im not complaining. If your lookingforward to coming to NY and you cant get into NYU or Columbia, St Johns is the perfect choice for you.

I went to SJU before they got crazy strict on campus (I'm banned from campus until 2099
indifferent.gif
)

I remember showing up for sophomore year and seeing turnstyles in the lobby of the dorm and the security guard said "Look what you freshman did..."
roll.gif

I wouldn't say St. Johns is the third best school in the city. That title belongs to Cuny Honors. St. Johns is decent, but if your grades are really thatgood I wouldn't recommend going there.

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

I wouldn't say St. Johns is the third best school in the city. That title belongs to Cuny Honors. St. Johns is decent, but if your grades are really that good I wouldn't recommend going there.
What other school besides Columbia or NYU is going to give you a true on campus college experience? Please dont say a CUNY
indifferent.gif

i get that point rellnye and i respect that its just wasn't even expecting to go to new york for college and i missed all the other deadlines u feel me?and i got in here with a scholarship so I'm really cnsidering it

i get that point rellnye and i respect that its just wasn't even expecting to go to new york for college and i missed all the other deadlines u feel me?and i got in here with a scholarship so I'm really cnsidering it

if u r not going for Pharmacy dont bother going to St.Johns. Btw, not trying to make you feel bad or anything, but if you have a 85+ avg and did decent on theSAT/ACT you will get at least a 10k scholarship from them. Once again, unless you are going into Pharmacy stay away from St.Johns

yeah i feel u king, u down to give me a campus tour =D i want to see everything. and for the record i got a3.0GPA and 1860 SAT 28 ACT

16k is pretty good and if you can afford the other 20k to pay for room and board then go for it. There's quite a few people from Cali at St. John's.

It's not much to brag about though, really is a commuter school. Def. check it out thoroughly. Nothing worse than moving across the country and beingmiserable.

If you're not going for Pharmacy then I don't know what to tell you.

NYU > St. Johns
Dude I think getting into NYU is JUST A LITTLE harder then St. John's
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And he wouldn't be getting a scholarship from NYU either.
Those aren't even comparable.

Back
Top Bottom