Stan Van Gundy Rips Lebron and Calls Bosh Wade's "Lap Dog"

[h2]Stan Van Gundy Rips LeBron, Says Bosh Is Wade's 'Lap Dog'[/h2]
Jul 07, 2010 4:37 PM EST

orl_40.gif
Magic coach Stan Van Gundy is known for being candid, but he was especially so on Wednesday.

In an interview with the Orlando Sentinel, Van Gundy opened up about the special ESPN will air on Thursday night as LeBron James announces where he'll play next season and other free-agent topics.

"It takes 15 seconds to say, 'I've decided to stay in Cleveland,' but we've got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James? As if we don't do that enough," said Van Gundy, who will not watch the special.

Van Gundy added that he wasn't surprised to hear that Chris Bosh will join Dwyane Wade in Miami.

He said Bosh has been following Wade around "for two weeks like a lapdog."

Van Gundy added that while free agency has gotten out of control, guys like Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant were still able to get contract extensions with little fanfare.

"It's gotten ridiculous I think. It's really I mean it's almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now," Van Gundy said.

"Look, the guy's a great player and wherever he goes, my bet would be Cleveland, that place will be excited. But an hour long special?"

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/1/#ixzz0t2Cnowg1

Damn Stan sounds like you mad!
roll.gif

[h2]Stan Van Gundy Rips LeBron, Says Bosh Is Wade's 'Lap Dog'[/h2]
Jul 07, 2010 4:37 PM EST

orl_40.gif
Magic coach Stan Van Gundy is known for being candid, but he was especially so on Wednesday.

In an interview with the Orlando Sentinel, Van Gundy opened up about the special ESPN will air on Thursday night as LeBron James announces where he'll play next season and other free-agent topics.

"It takes 15 seconds to say, 'I've decided to stay in Cleveland,' but we've got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James? As if we don't do that enough," said Van Gundy, who will not watch the special.

Van Gundy added that he wasn't surprised to hear that Chris Bosh will join Dwyane Wade in Miami.

He said Bosh has been following Wade around "for two weeks like a lapdog."

Van Gundy added that while free agency has gotten out of control, guys like Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant were still able to get contract extensions with little fanfare.

"It's gotten ridiculous I think. It's really I mean it's almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now," Van Gundy said.

"Look, the guy's a great player and wherever he goes, my bet would be Cleveland, that place will be excited. But an hour long special?"

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/1/#ixzz0t2Cnowg1

Damn Stan sounds like you mad!
roll.gif

Posted in the off-season thread, where random quotes and articles belong.

SVG doesn't hide his feelings, he speaks his mind, and I can't really say he's wrong.

Bosh posting pictures on Twitter with Wade, dropping hints, camera crews, etc.  he's just trying to soak up the attention.

Posted in the off-season thread, where random quotes and articles belong.

SVG doesn't hide his feelings, he speaks his mind, and I can't really say he's wrong.

Bosh posting pictures on Twitter with Wade, dropping hints, camera crews, etc.  he's just trying to soak up the attention.

Back
Top Bottom