Stance/Fitment Appreciation

the g35s are clean
eek.gif

What's the purpose of having the tires slanted like that?  Is it just for looks or does having your tires like that actually do something performance wise?  Sorry if I'm asking a ******ed question but I'm not up on this.  The Audi R8 a page back was dope though.

What's the purpose of having the tires slanted like that?  Is it just for looks or does having your tires like that actually do something performance wise?  Sorry if I'm asking a ******ed question but I'm not up on this.  The Audi R8 a page back was dope though.

Originally Posted by mikejs210

When you lower your car, the camber automatically adjusts, making the tires "poke" out a bit. Most people add camber to fit really wide wheels though, and also stretch the tires to be able to fit them in the fenders. There's really no performance gain, other than stiffer sidewalls which help you break traction easier when drifting. The only way to correct the camber, and suspension geometry would be to spend a grip of cash on multi-link, etc to make your geometry straight, while still being low, which I'm sure majority of the cars posted have done. Even then, people like having demon camber like that. I think it looks dope. It's not fun going through a brand new set of tires after a few laps on the track though... 
laugh.gif

P.S ^ That Accord is FILTHY. My Godddddddddddd

When you lower your car, the camber automatically adjusts, making the tires "poke" out a bit. Most people add camber to fit really wide wheels though, and also stretch the tires to be able to fit them in the fenders. There's really no performance gain, other than stiffer sidewalls which help you break traction easier when drifting. The only way to correct the camber, and suspension geometry would be to spend a grip of cash on multi-link, etc to make your geometry straight, while still being low, which I'm sure majority of the cars posted have done. Even then, people like having demon camber like that. I think it looks dope. It's not fun going through a brand new set of tires after a few laps on the track though... 
laugh.gif

P.S ^ That Accord is FILTHY. My Godddddddddddd

absolutely no benefit for performance, in fact it reduces it terribly. the "slant" which is negative camber is needed so the wheels don't cut into the fenders when they hit a bump. instead the wheel will just move up into the fender. most cars look nice from the front and side...the rear looks horrible though. not a fan but i respect the time money and effort that went into these cars.

absolutely no benefit for performance, in fact it reduces it terribly. the "slant" which is negative camber is needed so the wheels don't cut into the fenders when they hit a bump. instead the wheel will just move up into the fender. most cars look nice from the front and side...the rear looks horrible though. not a fan but i respect the time money and effort that went into these cars.

seriously, how does the tire/rim not hit the guard?

how is it even driveable?

seriously, how does the tire/rim not hit the guard?

how is it even driveable?

Back
Top Bottom