Stanford swimmer sentenced to 6 months for rape.

Allow me to rephrase: some rape is avoiadable. Some rape is unavoidable.

In my opinion, dressing provocatively and behaving sexually can generally make a woman more of a target. It's not right, unfortunately, that's just the way society is.

That's what I meant. I see how the original wording can be misconstrued.

Last edited:
Every time rape is mentioned on NT, there are people who jump through hoops to try and make it seem as if the victim was compliant or somehow should share the blame

I don't get it

Yea I don't get it either, pretty alarming

I think the point people are trying to make is sometimes its not rape. And it shouldn't be called rape unless it can be proven.
Sometimes it's a matter of the girl giving consent, yet later regretting her decision and lying, crying rape to clear her conscious, yet smearing another person's reputation. Devious women have done this. Just because she screams rape doesn't make it 100% true. Some people are aware of this and feel that all angles must be explored to understand situations before we label someone a 'scumbag' or 'perv'.

You completely missed my point about drinking and driving. Or alcohol and activity in general. So let me just be direct, if alcohol is involved then avoid questionable activity at all costs.

In my opinion, dressing provocatively and behaving sexually can generally make a woman more of a target. It's not right, unfortunately, that's just the way society is.

Nah man a rapist is gonna rape somebody no matter how they're dressed.

It's one thing to make a comment at a female for how they're dressed. For a man to force himself on a women that's something that's in him no matter what.

But I'll say this, I've never been into being around pissy drunk girls. It's turnoff to me and I've heard too many horror stories.

Last edited:
Myth: Rape victims provoke the attack by wearing provocative clothing

Most convicted rapists do not remember what their victims were wearing.

Victims range in age from days old to those in their nineties, hardly provocative dressers.

A Federal Commission on Crime of Violence Study found that only 4.4% of all reported rapes involved provocative behavior on the part of the victim. In murder cases 22% involved such behavior (as simple as a glance).

Last edited:
I legit don't think that stuff is a laughing matter. Just like the cosby stuff. Strange how people find humor in sensitive subjects... Until it hits home.

Nah man a rapist is gonna rape somebody no matter how they're dressed.

This ! Not sure why people don't understand this. There's soooooo many women that dress "appropriately" who are victims. That "shouldn't have dressed like that" argument is invalid.

I've never seen a half naked chick and thought "damn I'd like to rape her".

Neither have I. But then again we've got self restraint.

Do we know what actually goes down in the mind of a rapist? Does a man even know he's about to rape?

I've never knowingly held a convo with a rapist. I'm thinking they see a girl and they're like most dudes, 'damn that mass is phat, she got nice breasts, long hair and a sexy walk too. That's where the arousal comes to play. He attempts to talk to her, and suggests sex. She denies and he can't resists. He pulls her somewhere secluded because he can't control his primal urges and violates her. That's the first type of situation that comes to mind when I think of rape. I don't think a dudes first thought it, 'I'm about to hold this chick down and sex her against her will'. I could be wrong.

Pops talking about "the fact that he now has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life will alter where he can live, visit, work..."

Dawg....he's a convicted sex offender. Sex offenders get registered as sex offenders. Comes with the territory. Maybe don't raise a sex offender next time :smh:

Do we know what actually goes down in the mind of a rapist? Does a man even know he's about to rape?

I've never knowingly held a convo with a rapist. I'm thinking they see a girl and they're like most dudes, 'damn that mass is phat, she got nice breasts, long hair and a sexy walk too. That's where the arousal comes to play. He attempts to talk to her, and suggests sex. She denies and he can't resists. He pulls her somewhere secluded because he can't control his primal urges and violates her. That's the first type of situation that comes to mind when I think of rape. I don't think a dudes first thought it, 'I'm about to hold this chick down and sex her against her will'. I could be wrong.

What in the **** are you going on about? Who gives two ***** what their reasoning in about how and why they rape are you actually serious right now?

So much wrong with this post. Scenario sounding straight out of a Zane book or some ****. The hell is wrong with you??

And yes, that's precisely a rapist's first thought. It's about power and feeling superior to their victims, not just about the sex...

For the love of humanity, I really hope some of you in this thread NEVER have children. Yeah, I'm looking at you sooperhooper. Stick to the poorly designed workout gear.

Tough for him being labeled as a sex offender??? :lol: this woman will NEVER forget waking up and being told she was raped and going through a trial about it.

Brian Banks got 6 years for a crime
he didn't commit. Turner gets 6 months for one he did

DAT Privilege

I said it isn't *just* about sex. We can argue what comes before what, but that's pointless. Sex, power, who cares why these weirdos do what they do.

What are people even discussing? Dudes continually petty fog topics on here with stupid side debates instead of talking about the issue.

Men with wealth and privilege continue to abuse women and get anyway with it, and gumps find every other thing to talk about other than that. It's corny and not even genuine like some y'all really give a **** about why these monsters do what they do.

I think the point people are trying to make is sometimes its not rape. And it shouldn't be called rape unless it can be proven.
Sometimes it's a matter of the girl giving consent, yet later regretting her decision and lying, crying rape to clear her conscious, yet smearing another person's reputation. Devious women have done this. Just because she screams rape doesn't make it 100% true. Some people are aware of this and feel that all angles must be explored to understand situations before we label someone a 'scumbag' or 'perv'.
I'm just curious, how do you prove a rape?

What are people even discussing? Dudes continually petty fog topics on here with stupid side debates instead of talking about the issue.

Men with wealth and privilege continue to abuse women and get anyway with it, and gumps find every other thing to talk about other than that. It's corny and not even genuine like some y'all really give a **** about why these monsters do what they do.
Dudes really in here saying

"he shouldn't get years in jail he didn't even cum in her"

"he shouldn't get years just because he sexually assaulted a passed out girl, he didn't even get the tip in"

"If it was me I'd tell my daughter don't get drunk and this could of avoidable"

Everybody shouldn't be allowed to procreate seriously it's getting disgusting

Back
Top Bottom