STAR TREK: DISCOVERY-NEW TV Series - Renewed for a 2nd Season - Picard

Looks really good. They say this is before Kirk but it also looks like it's after the Enterprise series. There are definitely stories to tell there. Seems to have influences from Enterprise and the new movies.

I would have preferred if they continued the old timeline (after Voyager) because of the technology that was available. The holodeck alone was huge for story telling. Those standalone episodes would probably be considered filler in this era but they always provided interesting takes on the characters and how they percieved pre-warp earth. The first two seasons of Enterprise were actually good Star Trek and didn't suffer so with good writing it won't matter.

It looks like they're going with a central story arc for the season rather than exploration like in DS9 or even Voyager (somewhat). I wonder if or how many standalone episodes they will have.

I'm all in!

TNG is flames. Started watching it when I went away to college.

Couldn't get into any other versions but this....IN.

I wondered if they'd be forced to rock the Enterprise or OG Star Trek uniforms.

This is like an updated version of Enterprise. Like uniforms after the federation was founded.

As weird as this may seem, I can watch the Original Series but have a hard time watching TNG...

Im the exact opposite. Personally, I think TNG holds up fairly well. What surprised me the most about TNG was when it was shot. For years I thought it came out around 93-94.

Last edited:
The first two seasons of TNG weren't that great to me but 3-7 hold up well. There are still some gems in the first two. I grew up on this series as well as DS9 and VOY.

TOS I can watch random episodes of and be entertained but I've never watched it straight through. I love the movies with the TOS crea though.

What's everyone's top 3 movies? From any era or the JJ-verse.

1) The Wrath of Khan (DUH)
2) The Undiscovered Country (Perfect ending for the TOS cast imo)
3) First Contact

Honorable Mention:
Star Trek (2009)

Same top 3 slightly diff order

1. WOK
2. FC
3. TUC

1 & 2 can swap depending on the day

This was a pretty dope premiere.

Liked the early established character relationships, and threat, the mystery, etc.

Don't know how infer about them ignoring some corrected/established continuity with the appearance of these Klingons. In the OG, they didn't have good enough makeup and costume design so the Klingons basically looked like dark skinned humans with some slight ridges in their foreheads.

Enterprise (which occurs 100 years early) established that Klingons of that time acquired the science and DNA of genetically engineered humans like Khan to improve Klingon warriors and they took on a more human appearance. This would affect a lot of Klingons via breeding and would only decrease over the span of centuries which explains the look of Klingons in the OG Star Trek movies and in the TNG series.

Discovery takes place 10 years before the OG and has Klingons that look like aliens from other movies and even the deformed character Idris Elba played in Star Trek Beyond

Very good series so far!
I don't recall too much about the Klingons in Enterprise other than Uncle Phil played one lol. The character designs are fine but I love how they have them speak Klingonese with the subtitles.

A human raised on Vulcan is pretty interesting. Given that she's Sarek's ward, I wonder what her relationship is with Spock.

Saru is a sucka lol

Yeah I wanna know more about the Spock relationship, and if she's been mentioned in in Star Trek lore before.

damn. didn’t know there was a thread. def one of my fave new shows. the other week they dropped 2 f-bombs :lol:

The f bombs were so out of the blue :lol:

When I heard about it, I thought it'd be in a whole other context and situation :lol:

Last edited:
Not a lot of Trekkies on NT it seems.

Plus this whole CBS all access bull ****. Like you can't expect ppl to go cop every online streaming service (I'm not).

Anyway, somewhat related to that concern, the show has been greenlit for a season 2 :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom