Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The story just felt all too familiar to ROTJ.

dcvcozy-796d38f7-68ca-4d52-8825-4f49bf8890cf.gif

I think the main issue with a Skywalker story at the point this trilogy picked up is it robbed the fans of the main OG characters growth. Like if they got to see them flourish, and their losses the decisions Luke made in this one would make more sense. Not sure how they fix that though aside from another story with new actors playing them.

I enjoyed the Last Jedi when I saw it in theaters, it wasn't until I saw everybody's complaints that I realized it wasn't a good movie.

With that being said, I had more fun in the theater watching the Last Jedi then I did with Rise of Skywalker.

The Bounty Hunter from the Mandalorian gives his review

jake-1576967361.jpg

jake-cannavale-1576967496.jpg

Gyp Rosetti's kid is keeping it 1000.

What really annoys me about this film is that they allowed Rian to create TLJ and thus they put themselves in this quagmire. JJ's got a lot of nerve talking about "Oh yeah, Palpatine was always part of the plan". *****, why you always lying?! Rey Palpatine???!!!! And this goofy *** is taking on the Skywalker name?!?!?! Heads got to roll at Disney. God bless The Mandalorian, Baby Yoda and Kuiil are more Star Wars than Rey, Finn, Poe and that little Polish alien.

See I was super pissed they never cleared this up in the movie...They had him talking about having a feeling about things a couple of times...Would’ve made me feel much better if they actually explained this...

I really enjoyed RoS ... I'm a little annoyed that I dont know for sure who Rey's mom is ... Does anyone have links to theories?

The movie was edge of my seat good ... I'm surprised how much I liked it ...

Another misstep with Finn, the constantly vague "feeling" mentions wasting screen time instead of just having him do something with the force in a moment of distress.

See I was super pissed they never cleared this up in the movie...They had him talking about having a feeling about things a couple of times...Would’ve made me feel much better if they actually explained this...

Him being force sensitive needed explanation? It was obvious after the 2nd time he said it

I’m glad this ST is over because the next trilogy won’t have specific rules and guidelines it has to be a slave to.

Hope Rian Johnson still gets to do it.

Just saw it for a third, and final time in theaters, and I really hope the next trilogy takes place in the KOTOR timeline and they explore more of this “force dyad” thing because I’m really liking this force teleporting power.

Also, with Luke and Leia only being revealed to be twins at the end of ROTJ, on top of Rey and Kylo not having much of a dynamic until this movie, I think the next trilogy can really focus on a true sibling rivalry-type dynamic that a KOTOR backdrop can really help with. Throw each one a green and yellow saber, and I’m in.

FYI in case y'all can't tell im semi exaggerating my tone for comedic effect.

with that being said people who think The Rise of Skywalker is better than TLJ need to repent or face the prospect of eternal damnation in a lake of hell fire.

FYI in case y'all can't tell im semi exaggerating my tone for comedic effect.

with that being said people who think The Rise of Skywalker is better than TLJ need to repent or face the prospect of eternal damnation in a lake of hell fire.

I haven’t seen the movie, but last Jedi is prequels bad

Abrams and the writers put a lot of pressure on the next film. I have zero clue on how they’re gonna write themselves out of that ending

Abrams and the writers put a lot of pressure on the next film. I have zero clue on how they’re gonna write themselves out of that ending
What do you mean by pressure and next film?

I imagine episode X takes place 10 years if not more from the end of TROS. Whether they get one guy to do the next trilogy or roll the dice and try 3 different directors they're liable to distance themselves from the main cast and I see nothing wrong with that choice either.

Let the next main trilogy build something new with new characters. Then in the trilogy after that slowly bring in back Poe, Finn, and Rey.

Outside of bringing in and focusing on Thrawn and Ezra of course. If they do that, ditch the ST characters altogether. Give me Ezra and a young padawan against Thrawn and his empire.

That was one thing I liked about one of the early fake leaks that said the FO and Kylo were good rulers but then its revealed thats cuz they were pillaging the resources and enslaving ppl from planets in some outer system that's uncharted. Gives a back door to where Thrawn and Ezra ended up.

Jus got back from watchin it. I actually enjoyed it and it’s WAYYYYYY better than TLJ.

Curious what the new trilogy will be bout tho.

What do you mean by pressure and next film?

I imagine episode X takes place 10 years if not more from the end of TROS. Whether they get one guy to do the next trilogy or roll the dice and try 3 different directors they're liable to distance themselves from the main cast and I see nothing wrong with that choice either.

Let the next main trilogy build something new with new characters. Then in the trilogy after that slowly bring in back Poe, Finn, and Rey.

Outside of bringing in and focusing on Thrawn and Ezra of course. If they do that, ditch the ST characters altogether. Give me Ezra and a young padawan against Thrawn and his empire.

That was one thing I liked about one of the early fake leaks that said the FO and Kylo were good rulers but then its revealed thats cuz they were pillaging the resources and enslaving ppl from planets in some outer system that's uncharted. Gives a back door to where Thrawn and Ezra ended up.
I don't know much about the Star Wars lore so maybe there isn't much pressure but with them killing Palpatine, I don't see where the villainy comes from, unless the films from now on abandon threats facing the entire galaxy and all that

I don't know much about the Star Wars lore so maybe there isn't much pressure but with them killing Palpatine, I don't see where the villainy comes from, unless the films from now on abandon threats facing the entire galaxy and all that
Oh is that all? I see. Not an expert myself but there are more. It was something for JJ to have Sidious' plan be have the entirety of every Sith be in him and then put it in Rey when she killed him and then when he ditched that and got that dyad juice to rejuvenate him she effectively killed all of the Sith.

I still think there's some ancient Sith out there. If not them, there are dark jedi to be the antagonists that they can lay the foundation for.

Now they introduced the concept of the force dyad and more times than not one is light side and the other dark side another strong dark side user is going to show up to replace Kylo Ren.

That aside, the way I see it the force is currently unbalanced. So some one or many force users should spring up.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to the return of

a74ab053f15f7df2edd8766830da7364.jpg

:pimp: Thrawn. Ask about him.

Him being force sensitive needed explanation? It was obvious after the 2nd time he said it

I think it was lazy as hell that they didn’t...

Then they put him on this whole I have a feeling thing several times after...Have Poe bring it up twice...Then never have him tell Rey about it...Come on now...

I think it was lazy as hell that they didn’t...

Then they put him on this whole I have a feeling thing several times after...Have Poe bring it up twice...Then never have him tell Rey about it...Come on now...
agreed. It’s not on the same level but it’s like when Yoda said there’s another in ROTJ and then it ended and we never found out who. People be up in arms. If it was brought up just once maybe ok but it was brought up multiple times

Back
Top Bottom